Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Wait so it was a joke.

Why. None of the games picked were funny picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Thanks for reminding me the next fire emblem is a lovely bargain bin musou and that a galaxy 2 port is missing presumed dead

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

nintendo of uk tweeted the word gently caress

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Good

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait so it was a joke.

Why. None of the games picked were funny picks

You can tell it was a joke because it didn't mention Scrunt.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

there was a gundam game presser a few hrs ago, and they released a meaty trailer for SD Gundam Battle Alliance, which looks kinda awesome and comes out in august

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSnFSm5cNsM

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

being too dumb for the switch thread is a real accomplishment

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i've been playing diablo 2 on my switch and it's honestly astonishing how well it works. a game perfect for the switch made twenty two years ago ...

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

An Actual Princess posted:

i've been playing diablo 2 on my switch and it's honestly astonishing how well it works. a game perfect for the switch made twenty two years ago ...

:haibrow:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Twelve by Pies posted:

You can tell it was a joke because it didn't mention Scrunt.

That feels like an actual joke rather than just three random games

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the joke is that it is uniracers, another golf game, and a licensed game you would actually want to play

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 27, 2022

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mega64 posted:

gently caress Pixar for killing Uniracers.

Uniracers could have been a cool item for Smash Bros.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_-LqmGv7ig

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1529991825171402765?s=20&t=M4-CchjZqoxXgXHfkQkOIw

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NES pinball is good

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The joke post would have been better than the actual update.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Finally!!!!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Always surprised to hear about SNES games I've never seen/heard of, and here's two of them!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i have never heard of rival turf before and i must say that box art is some good poo poo

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Once they run out of Jaleco and Data East titles to port they'll only have good games left to release. That's how this works, right?

... Right?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they ran out of games a long time ago all thats left is licensed and third party stuff that likely wont be released on the service or is already in a collection you can buy on the eshop and super mario RPG

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I'm pretty sure they actually said "okay we're done" with updating the NES/SNES apps over a year ago. It's a wonder they're still putting anything out at all.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

does the d2 remake have any qol stuff like free respecs or is basically only fun if you loved the original?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I never played the original so I'm not 100% sure but I think it's intentionally light on the QOL/modernization stuff in an attempt at being a true remake. There is a shared stash which I don't think was in the original as well as maybe a few other minor things.

Edit: that said I never played the original and I think it's fun as hell.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

American McGay posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure they actually said "okay we're done" with updating the NES/SNES apps over a year ago. It's a wonder they're still putting anything out at all.

i actually thought pinball was already on the service since it was a blackbox title and all of those were added really early on with the exception of popeye and zapper and ROB titles so i'm surprised to see that it wasnt.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
When all the games staring cavemen are on the service the summoning spell will be complete.

And we get the Flintstones: The Movie Game added to the service.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

When all the games staring cavemen are on the service the summoning spell will be complete.

And we get the Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak added to the service.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i actually thought pinball was already on the service since it was a blackbox title and all of those were added really early on with the exception of popeye and zapper and ROB titles so i'm surprised to see that it wasnt.

it's very strange it wasn't there already, Urban Champion is the last NES game that I'm shocked is missing for how obvious it is, even if the game sucks rear end. Seemed like Nintendo was keen on it for a while, it was even one of the few games that got a 3D Classics release

Also Japan got Umihara Kawase which is good as hell and any subscriber can download any of the system apps from any region so I'd give it a play

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1529993736586813440

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fawf posted:

it's very strange it wasn't there already, Urban Champion is the last NES game that I'm shocked is missing for how obvious it is, even if the game sucks rear end. Seemed like Nintendo was keen on it for a while, it was even one of the few games that got a 3D Classics release

Also Japan got Umihara Kawase which is good as hell and any subscriber can download any of the system apps from any region so I'd give it a play

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1529993736586813440

little samson would be cool to see but who knows who owns the rights to it or if the source code still even exists lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

They always manage to update these services with the least interesting poo poo possible, like cmon Nintendo

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
All the good first party games are already on it. It’s not like Square-Enix are going to put any of their games on the service.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

does the d2 remake have any qol stuff like free respecs or is basically only fun if you loved the original?

you get a limited number of free respecs, but that was in the original. as mentioned the shared stash is new and nice also

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah the updates are underwhelming but like, what do you want Nintendo to do about it? They can't force companies to release their games on the Switch Online, and they already put up pretty much all the first party games they can.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

man nurse posted:

They always manage to update these services with the least interesting poo poo possible, like cmon Nintendo

buy the mega man, contra, and castlevania collections and you'll be set OP

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

and dont forget the upcoming cowabunga collection

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I'm looking forward to playing Turtles 3 on gameboy, I always heard it was real good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

most of the classic teenage mutant ninja turtle games are good even the original NES one once you learn how to get around its bullshit difficulty imo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hyped for Cowabunga Collection and Shredder's Revenge they both look really good. Sucks though with no crossplay I gotta decide what platform to get them on.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

American McGay posted:

Hyped for Cowabunga Collection and Shredder's Revenge they both look really good. Sucks though with no crossplay I gotta decide what platform to get them on.

i shall be getting it for the switch because i have the NES and SNES controllers and they are really good for classic game compilations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

most of the classic teenage mutant ninja turtle games are good even the original NES one once you learn how to get around its bullshit difficulty imo

For sure, the original NES one had its quirks but was still fun and beating it felt like a real achievement. Honestly I'm not aware of a straight up bad turtles game.

Shredder's Revenge has gotten some positive hands-on previews, can't wait to smash some foot with my man Donny :ninja: