Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tell me you’re a rich king of Europe without telling me you’re a rich king of Europe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I literally rent a house in the middle of nowhere US. Not even close to rich, lmfao.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

co-op'ing Returnal from two different rooms: infinite guilt

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Someone post the 5 PS5s video

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
For fans of Star Wars, poncho collecting and extremely halfassed parry mechanics the Fallen Order sequel has a trailer:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1530293939416158208?t=BIxAx20zak79JBKBs4UE4A&s=19

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Crows Turn Off posted:

I have a 2 PS5s. One is upstairs. One is downstairs. Both my wife and I have PS+ accounts.

How do I make sure both consoles can play all the games on both accounts? I wasn't sure how to set up Console Sharing and Offline Play.

King

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Big yawn on seeing star wars words

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

For fans of Star Wars, poncho collecting and extremely halfassed parry mechanics the Fallen Order sequel has a trailer:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1530293939416158208?t=BIxAx20zak79JBKBs4UE4A&s=19

pretty anodyne

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I still might try Fallen Order sometime. I really like the Star Wars universe and lightsaber games even though I haven’t watched any new Star Wars content since the prequels lol.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

When I think back to that game, I realize the only thing I liked about it was that it was a Star Wars game. Everything else was just wrong enough to make playing it a chore. But I finished it because star wars. So here’s hoping they fix all the other stuff I guess because I’ll probably play this one no matter what.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm a pretty big fan of ponchos ngl

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Same, but revengeance is a better poncho game

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

When I think back to that game, I realize the only thing I liked about it was that it was a Star Wars game. Everything else was just wrong enough to make playing it a chore. But I finished it because star wars. So here’s hoping they fix all the other stuff I guess because I’ll probably play this one no matter what.

As much as I rag on it once I got used to the hosed up timing I did enjoy OHKing stormtroopers, a couple of the boss fights and there's a pretty cool optional sequence going through a crashed Clone Wars era ship.

But then there's the other 80% of the game. Kashyyyk alone is just miserable to get through.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I just transferred to a PS5, and after data downloads and such I have a game that has an icon for a ps4 version and a ps5 version. Can I delete one without deleting the other?

E. Horizon New Dawn doesn't automatically upgrade to PS5 edition? That sucks.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 27, 2022

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Kilometers Davis posted:

I still might try Fallen Order sometime. I really like the Star Wars universe and lightsaber games even though I haven’t watched any new Star Wars content since the prequels lol.

You will like Fallen Order. Probably more than anything that’s come out since the prequels, too lol

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

CuddleCryptid posted:

I just transferred to a PS5, and after data downloads and such I have a game that has an icon for a ps4 version and a ps5 version. Can I delete one without deleting the other?

No, you can hide a game, but not individual versions of said game. Another dumb thing Sony dropped the ball on with this consoles dumb UI

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

CuddleCryptid posted:

There is no dedicated PS5 version but the last PS4 patch for it automatically runs at 60fps full res on the PS5.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It still bums me out how badly the sequel trilogy was put together. Like 7 was safe and derivative, but okay sure fun enough start I guess. Then 8 was super divisive and uneven but hey at least they’re going in some new directions, and surely this will all pay off nicely in 9. Ugh.

Adam Driver carried that entire thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugh I wasn’t even looking at the days of play sale, but hey might as well check it out and then whoops spent 75 dollars

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

No, you can hide a game, but not individual versions of said game. Another dumb thing Sony dropped the ball on with this consoles dumb UI

Ah, that's weird. As long as it isn't two copies worth of disk space it's fine, since it'll just drift off the home page over time, but it's weird.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

veni veni veni posted:

Ugh I wasn’t even looking at the days of play sale, but hey might as well check it out and then whoops spent 75 dollars

Any highlights?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

man nurse posted:

It still bums me out how badly the sequel trilogy was put together. Like 7 was safe and derivative, but okay sure fun enough start I guess. Then 8 was super divisive and uneven but hey at least they’re going in some new directions, and surely this will all pay off nicely in 9. Ugh.

9 is certainly down in the pit as one of the worst big studio movies ever made, but I can’t give ep8 much credit for going in “new directions” when most of its new things were cowardly and immediately walked back in the next scenes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Any highlights?

I grabbed LEGO Star Wars and the newest dark pictures game cause it’s actually supposed to be good, and I thought the trial was fun. Just wanted some chill super low impact games. Just about everything is on sale though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TLJ owns, I will not be taking questions at this time

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

Ah, that's weird. As long as it isn't two copies worth of disk space it's fine, since it'll just drift off the home page over time, but it's weird.

If it’s on the Home Screen and you just recently did a system transfer, maybe double check that the ps4 version isn’t installed. Hit Start on the icon and “delete” will appear if it’s there wasting space

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Crows Turn Off posted:

I have a 2 PS5s. One is upstairs. One is downstairs. Both my wife and I have PS+ accounts.

How do I make sure both consoles can play all the games on both accounts? I wasn't sure how to set up Console Sharing and Offline Play.

- Activate account A as primary on PS5-1 and log/play with account B
- Activate account B as primary on PS5-2 and log/play with account A

Since you always have access to the games of the primary account on a console both will have access to the games from the two accounts.

I have some friends that do this, so they alternate buying games and it's like everything is always at least 50% off

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All three Disney trilogy movies stunk. The only good thing Star Wars related Disney has done was Rogue One.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It'll be 2077 before it comes out, because the original game is around (completionist says 89 hours, but for me, that's 100) 100 hours

part 1 was 8 hours of story content ballooned out to 40 hours, so that is about 5 times as long as it needed to be

So if they keep doing the same thing, it'll be about 12.5 games by the time they finish the game

even if we assume that the 8 hours of original content ballooned out to 40, and the main game is really only like, 50 hours long, which, it isn't unless you beeline the main game, that's still 5 games, at probably 5+ years of dev time each, or 25 years+

But given the way part 1 ended we’re not on the same script anymore, so there’s no reason to think it’s going to have to cover off every single individual element of the original.

We may just get a more broad strokes take on things from here on out instead of having a 40 hour stay in Kalm.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anodyne 2 was better

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd be very surprised if FFVII Remake has more than three parts, and I very strongly doubt it'd be more than four, period.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

man nurse posted:

His character really is the only good thing to come out of the entire ST, which is super jarring considering everyone else involved is a good actor, they were just cursed with having to be in the worst written and directed scenes of all time

The best scene in your entire movie shouldn't be Harrison Ford refusing to shave and mumbling like three lines

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

man nurse posted:

You will like Fallen Order. Probably more than anything that’s come out since the prequels, too lol

Probably

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

But given the way part 1 ended we’re not on the same script anymore, so there’s no reason to think it’s going to have to cover off every single individual element of the original.

We may just get a more broad strokes take on things from here on out instead of having a 40 hour stay in Kalm.

I'm glad people liked it, but I wanted a re-release with 2022 gfx, not whatever this was

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

If it’s on the Home Screen and you just recently did a system transfer, maybe double check that the ps4 version isn’t installed. Hit Start on the icon and “delete” will appear if it’s there wasting space

Yeah that worked. What I did was open the ps5 one and try and delete the ps4 one to see if it would try and close the ps5 version, and it didn't.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

veni veni veni posted:

All three Disney trilogy movies stunk. The only good thing Star Wars related Disney has done was Rogue One.

These are the facts folks. Also the prequels are really good. Thanks for your time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Foulin’ Odor

not related to my posts

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Foulin’ Odor

not related to my posts

This shirt saying "not related to my posts" has people asking a lot of questions already answered by the shirt

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RandolphCarter posted:

Is there a good, cheapish, wireless headset that can be used n the PS5, Xbox, and as just headphones?

I don't know about the Xbox but any generic USB audio device can be plugged into the front USB port of the PS5 and will work. If you have wireless headphones with a USB dongle that can work on a computer without special drivers for basic functionality it will work.

How cheap do you want? They do make USB to Bluetooth audio adapters that will allow you to use any Bluetooth headset and my Arctis7 work with a USB dongle.

If you want something that works out of the box with no dongle you are out of luck, even the pulse headset has a USB dongle.

Any pair of headphones will support 3d audio, that processing happens in the console, there's nothing especially 3D about the pulse headphones other than some eq presets.

You can also plug any random headset with a 3.5mm jack into the controller, but there is a bit of compression, the sound seems better if I use the wired connection option from the console to the controller but it may be psychological.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

I'd be very surprised if FFVII Remake has more than three parts, and I very strongly doubt it'd be more than four, period.

3 parts, 3 discs :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I played the house of ashes trial and it’s like, over an hour, enough to hook you. So I’m like yeah sure I’ll buy it. Then it brings you back to game without saving anything and now I have to start over entirely. Are you loving kidding me? What idiot thought this was a good idea? I just bought the drat game and this makes me just not want to play it immediately.