Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
everything old is new again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Bitcoins are like chronal nanobots. When we make enough of them, they'll assemble into a time machine and take us all back to the time with the cheapest electricity, so we can make even more bitcoins. And then they'll consume the entire universe, but that's neither good or bad, I suppose.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

The_Franz posted:

you took a moonshot and missed
it happens
that's no moon

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
another confused PM thinking "maybe this will get me promoted if it takes off!"

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

has anyone said craptocurrency

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
no ur the first

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

cool av posted:

holy poo poo

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
kleptocurrency

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Hammerite posted:

making satoshi nakamoto arguably the greatest physicist in the history of humankind

may the gravity of his teeth grow ever stronger!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zamujasa posted:

kleptocurrency

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

cool av posted:

wait wait i got it

shitcoin

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Paladinus posted:

Bitcoins are like chronal nanobots. When we make enough of them, they'll assemble into a time machine and take us all back to the time with the cheapest electricity, so we can make even more bitcoins. And then they'll consume the entire universe, but that's neither good or bad, I suppose.

actually that's good

, for bitcoin

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Zamujasa posted:

kleptocurrency

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shame Boy posted:

oh they had an answer to that: when you need energy you buy it from a power plant with the bitcoin, you see.

hmm, sounds like a double-spend on the carbon chain

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

The Wisest Moron posted:

Amphetamines and critical theory are the perfect combination for galaxy brained takes. I can't find a good video of him talking about it, but there's at least a little bit of wordsalad here about causality and spacetime.
critical race condition theory

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Paladinus posted:

They already have. Reality is already consensus based and nonfungible. The “are we in a simulation?” bros are right. This is all already on a blockchain, we are all already bored apes, and we are being punished by Satoshi’s Basilisk for not inventing it fast enough.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

donate this to another thread in need of a good title because we are still stacked up here :mad:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Shumagorath posted:

donate this to another thread in need of a good title because we are still stacked up here :mad:

Critical Role Campaign 3: critical race condition theory

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

nick land being a huge dork can only be a surprise to people who have only heard of nick land via nick land. his origin story is running the mt.gox of critical theory.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
this land is dork land, this land is nick land

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
not a loving taco

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
nick land sounds like its a lovely game boy rom hack someone did in 4th grade

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
nick "basic" land

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hammerite posted:

nick "basic" land

Bu....but his whale scholar bought it for him!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I thought nick land was the guy who got high and dreamed that the universe was controlled by a racist AI or something

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

FAUXTON posted:

I thought nick land was the guy who got high and dreamed that the universe was controlled by a racist AI or something

I mean, that explains Microsoft's AIs...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CommieGIR posted:

I mean, that explains Microsoft's AIs...

oh it's all of em

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

that isn't actually specific enough to narrow it down to one particular internet idiot

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah melon readily demonstrates how bad he is at drugs with the "man, what if, like, we are the matrix" dorm-room philosophy

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shame Boy posted:

that isn't actually specific enough to narrow it down to one particular internet idiot

sorry he was the guy who invented getting high and imagining a racist AI controls the universe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

sorry he was the guy who invented getting high and imagining a racist AI controls the universe

actually, Elon bought this and is now the founder. sorry, but that's how it works.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sethgreen/status/1529278652420018178?s=21
Seth Greengamel

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

seth do you just like, not know how bad fanfiction is or something

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Shame Boy posted:

Dude made the majority of his bank with a TV show that was just smashing together action figures from popular franchises.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shame Boy posted:

but what if it was, like, licensed fan fiction, on the blockchain?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

like ignoring everything else about how stupid this is that's the thing that always baffles me about these "the community helps write the story!" ideas. i understand why some cranky nerd would want to own the IP to luke skywalker so he can make him do the COOL LIGHTSABER TRICKS HE TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE DONE BUT GEORGE LUCAS WON'T RETURN MY CALLS or whatever, but why the gently caress would any artist ever want to allow that dude anywhere near them or the things they make

the most "passionate" fans are also by far the worst people to task with this too, they pretty much always just want the characters to do the same things over and over because those are the things they originally liked about the character. like star wars would be entirely han shooting first over and over, or an hour and a half of loving close-up shots of bob fett just standing there doing nothing

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

just imagine a world where everything were written by the kind of people who enthusiastically collect funko pops

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Dude made the majority of his bank with a TV show that was just smashing together action figures from popular franchises.

i've seen robot chicken make fun of the exact kinda dude i'm talking about, but i guess that one was written by the other guy

e: actually it would have been their nerd stock character playing the dude, who is voiced by seth green, so lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The response is the best part:

https://twitter.com/dylanmorchard/status/1529357728409341953?s=20&t=DHJ7URUfyEi53luUK4qYbw