Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pac-men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

pac manii

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
pacs men

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

pactopodes

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lil round fuckers

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

dioxazine posted:

i think i'm about ready for another rimworld break. this time it was around 90 hours

you'll be back

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I prefer Pac-Them thank you.

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

Jenny Agutter posted:

pac-man museum + on game pass has the good pac mans outside of ms pac man (and a bunch of weird crap pac mans)

xbox one controller d-pad isn't great for playing most of these. anyone got a recommendation for an alternative that works on the xbox/pc or is the only option for the xbox a switch compatible controller and a brook wingman adaptor?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

get the xbox series x controller, the dpad works great for pac mans and it’s backwards compatible

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Boody posted:

xbox one controller d-pad isn't great for playing most of these. anyone got a recommendation for an alternative that works on the xbox/pc or is the only option for the xbox a switch compatible controller and a brook wingman adaptor?

you can pair the switch pro controller with a pc very easily?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

you can pair the switch pro controller with a pc very easily?

they want one that can work on pc and Xbox

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

wonder how the dpad on the accessibility controller is

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the ps5 controller is really rather good. i still like the xbox controllers better generally, but the dual sense is miles ahead of any previous playstation controller

controllers were more or less perfected with the xbox 360. microsoft has been making smaller upgrades to that so things have gotten a bit nicer, but it's unfortunate that sony is committed to The Wrong Shape. but now with the ps5 controller, we're at a point where sony's controllers are good enough that being the wrong shape doesn't really matter. the ergonomics supporting the wrong shape work out well enough that the symmetrical sticks aren't so bad. if the ps4 had been like this i probably wouldn't have ended up as an xbox controller partisan tbh

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Achmed Jones posted:

i dont understand how having a bill that renews every month by itself is easier than one that renews once a year by itself

i bought a year of ps plus for cheap in 2020 and then it renewed for a full price in 2021 in a month where i was switching jobs and was really hurting for money

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Boody posted:

i had one of these it was rad

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

you'll be back

yeah. just need a month or two off

like viennese coffee

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

shipbreaker on game pass is broken :(

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

The Xbox controller is super nice but the bluetooth connection on it on windows 11 is super flakey. 50% of the time I have to remove and re-pair it and it's had some weird input sticking that's nearly got me killed in elden ring

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
yesterday for the champions league final i took the ps5 and fifa 22 over to one of my buddies and drank beers and had some grilled meat with the boys

sometimes video games are fun

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Jenny Agutter posted:

shipbreaker on game pass is broken :(

if you're getting a black screen after choosing difficulty, try picking easy and see if that works. if so you should be able to quit that save and start on standard, it was the solution that worked for me anyway

:pcgaming::pcgaming:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Can't believe they've managed to develop automatic casual filters now

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

dregan posted:

if you're getting a black screen after choosing difficulty, try picking easy and see if that works. if so you should be able to quit that save and start on standard, it was the solution that worked for me anyway

:pcgaming::pcgaming:

yeah tried it and its not working for me. maybe they'll patch it someday

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

yeah tried it and its not working for me. maybe they'll patch it someday

it wanst launching for me and a reboot worked, but i assume that's just the xbox app being rear end

otherwise its fine for me

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
hzd: forbidden west still treating me nicely

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

man this haligtree can gently caress off, I wasn't going to burn it but now I might out of spite

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you all saw it, that tree attacked me!

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
i might have to try buying hozrizon zero dawn again and seeing whether it works any better under more recent versions of proton, easy to refund it again if not

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

man this haligtree can gently caress off, I wasn't going to burn it but now I might out of spite

i warned you about haligtree bro!!! i told you dog

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

polyester concept posted:

i warned you about haligtree bro!!! i told you dog

sweet melania and hella 'quella

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

The Xbox controller is super nice but the bluetooth connection on it on windows 11 is super flakey. 50% of the time I have to remove and re-pair it and it's had some weird input sticking that's nearly got me killed in elden ring

yeah I just got fed up with this and bought the 20 dollar wireless dongle and haven’t had any connection issues since.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

did a first to 10 with one of wife’s friend’s husbands in guilty gear strive. was up 7-4 at one point but ended up losing last round last game. that momentum swing was real.

felt really good to do some competitive play offline though. i noticed i get away with a lot of dumb poo poo on net play.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

KidDynamite posted:

did a first to 10 with one of wife’s friend’s husbands in guilty gear strive. was up 7-4 at one point but ended up losing last round last game. that momentum swing was real.

felt really good to do some competitive play offline though. i noticed i get away with a lot of dumb poo poo on net play.

There's a smash tournament nearby every Tuesday and I'm having a hard time not upending several life goals to make that a regular thing. Offline play is so much better.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
finished hzd forbidden west. had low expectations but it was better than the original in every way and quite good as an open world action RPG type thing. loading times on ps5 when installed locally were totally nuts, fast travel rules

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/saga_minstrelsong/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtsRxesTgEU

gently caress yes

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

i still have the ps2 version in my closet with all the other games i haven't gotten around to playing.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

cool demo right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfJmOQcLgB8

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I feel like I saw that in one of the goon game dev threads a while ago

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

something about that reminds me a lot of 3d home architect, a non-game that my brother and i played the hell out of when we were kids

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epALDq3vEFE

this game looks sick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOj3PabeU-g

Same day, same guys that made pathfinder games, haven't actually played but look and review good.