Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
go watch videos

visual and auditory learning as attributes of people dont exist but matching modality of presentation w content of learning does. do not imitate the bourbaki, who wrote a geometry book without any figures in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag posted:

ive been feeling it more in the front of my thighs than my glutes so i might be doing these wrong

front vs back squats. muscle mismatch. maybe form. read a beginner program

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hbag posted:

ive been feeling it more in the front of my thighs than my glutes so i might be doing these wrong

https://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BWSquat

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

the best part of being grill master is after your done cooking and everyone is like yeah this tastes great and you’re drinking beer.

that’s my story folks. thanks.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I also found out 12 burgers at once is too much for me to handle only because my baby hands couldn’t handle the heat from the grill. so my flips plus cheese laying was a little delayed.

I think 6 at once is the magic number to get nice medium rare burgs for now.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can go use gloves. alternative is gettin line cook hands the line cook way, which seems not fun

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

hbag posted:

no you dont understand
these are leagues above other michaelwave pizzas
You're not even pronouncing it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfWsY6Jutzk

akadajet posted:

yeah but we told you over several pages it doesn’t work that way lol
I mean not without hormones
Deadlifts are better (I have this on unimpeachable authority) but squats are better than nothing

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

good mornings are an excellent exercise. but uh be careful of snap city.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you can go use gloves. alternative is gettin line cook hands the line cook way, which seems not fun

yeah I’m just going to stick to six.

i think I have really sensitive hands though. getting toast or a pop tart from the toaster hurts. :unsmith:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my hand sensation came back eventually after I stopped line cookin after maybe 5 or 6 months

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

KidDynamite posted:

yeah I’m just going to stick to six.

i think I have really sensitive hands though. getting toast or a pop tart from the toaster hurts. :unsmith:

you could also split the grill and start half of them then wait a few minutes before the other half goes on

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

my hand sensation came back eventually after I stopped line cookin after maybe 5 or 6 months

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten it back

my hands can stand oil splashes or 140f water just fine, but if I get into a shower that’s 115f I have to turn it down

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

you could also split the grill and start half of them then wait a few minutes before the other half goes on

ya this

I do sausages like this too, tho I shift those to the right from left as they get done since I start them after the longer ones like chicken or burgs

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

cjs: just stuck the landing on a big presentation at work. bought myself a can of soda water as a reward

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

truly living in luxury over here

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

fart simpson posted:

cjs: just stuck the landing on a big presentation at work. bought myself a can of soda water as a reward

what kind of hosed up communist dictatorship let’s you buy things

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

idk, this one i guess?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

arent you moving to north korea soon?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
nah i’m goin south baby

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bump_fn posted:

nah i’m goin south baby

That was obvious the moment you moved to the UK. :rimshot:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

weak

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
as communist as lee kwan yew, whose grandkid touches puter at databricks

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i mag habe to move countries multiple times to stay employed but at least i don’t have to learn to code

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bump_fn posted:

i mag habe to move countries multiple times to stay employed but at least i don’t have to learn to code

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

did 12 more squats before bed and got drat!!! im feeling that poo poo in my calves this morning

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

did 12 more squats before bed and got drat!!! im feeling that poo poo in my calves this morning

always stretch after exercising. stretch more you’re always not stretching enough.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

well on your way to getting that booty, keep it up

I was blessed with rear end but I was not blessed with the fem part of femboy so I am merely a dude with a great butt

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bump_fn posted:

always stretch after exercising. stretch more you’re always not stretching enough.

Stretching after exercising does little to begin with, and muscle soreness after you pick up a new exercise is expected and a good thing.

I have hypermobility so I don't have to stretch at all nyah nyah nyan.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

anyway my pay of approx £450 (lol) went through so how much of it should i put into savings, as a percentage

no im not doing 100% i need to Buy poo poo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

anyway my pay of approx £450 (lol) went through so how much of it should i put into savings, as a percentage

99%

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

depends, is it a registered savings account that your employer is matching or is it a rainy day fun savings account

because if it's the latter check to see if the interest rates are worth a poo poo (at least here in her majesty's royal disconnected british north america, they're not) and if they are throw whatever you don't think you're going to *need* in the next pay period into a savings account. if it's a matching registered savings account, do the same, but do it with conviction because you aren't able to get the money back until you're old and crotchety but it should hopefully be worth way more by then

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

depends, is it a registered savings account that your employer is matching or is it a rainy day fun savings account

because if it's the latter check to see if the interest rates are worth a poo poo (at least here in her majesty's royal disconnected british north america, they're not) and if they are throw whatever you don't think you're going to *need* in the next pay period into a savings account. if it's a matching registered savings account, do the same, but do it with conviction because you aren't able to get the money back until you're old and crotchety but it should hopefully be worth way more by then

it is a stocks and shares ISA from nutmeg (owned by jp morgan)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

it is a stocks and shares ISA from nutmeg (owned by jp morgan)

the optimal thing to do is throw whatever you're sure you won't need in the next pay period in there but realistically do whatever you're comfortable with. if you know you can easily spare 100 quid per fortnight or whatever your pay period is, fuckin go for it bud. if you think 100 is probably good but you'd like another 25 of buffer, throw 75 in

it took me a while to get to that point and I still feel like I'm not throwing enough into my RRSP, and starting earlier is better

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
deez nutmeg

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright i threw in £50, might do some more later

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

but that’s 5-10 avs! are you crazy

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

as soon as my cpap mask comes off marie(stocky tabby) hops in the bed and assaults me for snuggles

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KidDynamite posted:

as soon as my cpap mask comes off marie(stocky tabby) hops in the bed and assaults me for snuggles

i would be afraid that the cat would poke holes in the air tubing. that seems like the kind of thing they do

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

both my cats are afraid of the cpap machine and anything associated with it. it works out well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

KidDynamite posted:

both my cats are afraid of the cpap machine and anything associated with it. it works out well.

Back when I had a cpap the cats kept attacking the hose when they wanted my attention.