Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Gears is also solid on PC IIRC

I think 343 just suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mr. Neutron posted:

FH5 (and 4 before that) are perfect PC ports so it's not a rule.

FH5 has this annoying periodic stutter. And I asked around, it wasn't just me.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Oh hell yeah. Once the Demon Souls remake and Ghost of Tsushima ports drop, I'll be sitting pretty. Returnal has been on my list forever because I love roguelikes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Was Tsushima on the list?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yep, the Sony games were

quote:

✅ Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Edition
HELLDIVERS 2
Horizon Forbidden West
GT7
Déraciné
✅ God of War
✅ Returnal
Demon Souls
Ratchet and Clank
✅ Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Ghost of Tsushima

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
plz bloodborne sony

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

They never even updated Bloodborne for the PS4 Pro, nevermind the PS5, there doesn't seem to be any appetite to do anything with that game

Japan Studio folding probably doesn't help matters

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

repiv posted:

Gears is also solid on PC IIRC

I think 343 just suck

I still can’t reliably get Game Pass flagship title Halo Infinite to start. Sometimes a full uninstall/reinstall does it, then it gives an error. It’s dire

Game Pass is still amazing value, but I feel for whoever subscribed for Halo

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

repiv posted:

Yep, the Sony games were

Spider-Man was just announced for August 12, it’s a safe bet that Sony seems fine with sending its exclusives to PC after a few years

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

boooo they didn't confirm returnal

how many more times will it leak before they do

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Sony games on Windows are of better build quality than Microsoft's own. You only have to compare God of War to Halo Infinite to see what I mean. I don't know what is making Sony change their minds on PC (it's probably money) but I like it. They are not half-arsing things unlike Microsoft

This is on the technical side of things to be clear

I was astonished to see H:ZD on GOG. Now that's talking my language

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I wonder if Spiderman will lean on Directstorage on PC to reproduce those stupid fast load times the PS5 version has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Epio5YhN8M

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

repiv posted:

Yep, the Sony games were

Holy poo poo are they really gonna have GT7 on pc?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

repiv posted:

I hear HL:Alyx looks pretty spectacular but I haven't been able to play it yet :v:

It does! Absolutely staggering what they could pull off considering how much performance VR needs.

I suspect that there must have been a lot of custom code and optimization in that development, almost like how people pulled off tricks on 16 bit consoles.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

track day bro! posted:

Holy poo poo are they really gonna have GT7 on pc?

It's a good game but it's going to be completely unremarkable next to the actual PC sim racers already on the platform

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
How does the Nvidia Quadra P5000 compare to the RTX 3080? My brother says he’ll sell a used one to me for $500.

Is that a good deal?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's a good game but it's going to be completely unremarkable next to the actual PC sim racers already on the platform

Also has 200 dollar car DLC. That's a single car not a pack.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

How does the Nvidia Quadra P5000 compare to the RTX 3080? My brother says he’ll sell a used one to me for $500.

Is that a good deal?

For gaming?? The P5000 gets smoked by a 1080, it's not getting anywhere near a 3080.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is that a good deal?

I'm fairly certain it's a terrible deal. Those cards aren't really targeted at gaming stuff at all

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is that a good deal?

:sever:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Why are they so expensive if they are so bad?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

punk rebel ecks posted:

They are great for doing calculations in business applications. They can 3d render but not as quickly as is required for gaming.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

workstation cards are designed to have lots of RAM, run at a fairly low TDP, and fit into a small form factor

this is because you don't need insane clocks when doing professional-level workloads, and because these cards are meant to be put into office computers where space and thermal performance is at a premium

they also have a separate set of drivers intended for extra reliability rather than sheer performance

they are expensive because.... only corporations will want to buy them, and those guys have cash to throw around

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is that a good deal?

That’s the professional version of a GTX 1070 - it’s 6 years old.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

hobbesmaster posted:

That’s the professional version of a GTX 1070 - it’s 6 years old.

I felt ripped off buying a used 1070 for $160 in 2022.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Palladium posted:

I felt ripped off buying a used 1070 for $160 in 2022.

Don’t look at 1650 pricing…

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Thanks for the responses everyone.

He purchased the cards for his business but was under the impression that they could be used for gaming too.

So he got four of them used for $2000.

One for his work computer, one for his gaming computer, and two to sell.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

...did he get them in 2018?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

...did he get them in 2018?

No yesterday. Is the card really that bad? I see it for $700 used on eBay.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It’s a GTX 1080 with certified drivers that bring it down to 1070 speeds in gaming. The RTX3050 has this level of performance plus ray tracing/DLSS and is considered a rip off at $350.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

No, they're not that bad at all. It's ~3060 level performance, with a bunch of vram and rtx support. I have a p4000 because they were way more available during the shortages, and it's ~1070 performance. It's fine, but at $500 you'd be better off just getting a new 3060 for ~400 or so, or even a 3080 for a bit more

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Broken Machine posted:

No, they're not that bad at all. It's ~3060 level performance, with a bunch of vram and rtx support. I have a p4000 because they were way more available during the shortages, and it's ~1070 performance. It's fine, but at $500 you'd be better off just getting a new 3060 for ~400 or so, or even a 3080 for a bit more

A Quadro p5000 is a pascal chip - the same GP104 used in the P4000, GTX 1070 and GTX 1080. There are no tensor or ray tracing cores.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

If I paid $2000 for four of those I'd personally feel I had just got hosed upon learning of its performance level and capabilities in 2022.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

punk rebel ecks posted:

That’s not a bad deal for the Quadro, but it’s generally not advisable to buy Quadros for gaming. You’ll pay ~3x as much as you would for an equivalent gaming card.

A Quadro version of a 3080 is like $2500 for example. But it has triple the memory and far better performance in CAD workloads

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
are they any good as miners, maybe? that might be why they have an inflated price, on top of the prosumer tax.

e: ah, it is in fact the latter.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Please convince him to sell the one he's using for his gaming computer too and just get a real gaming GPU. You can do so much better for that kind of money right now. Just look at newegg lol.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If you plan on gaming I would not touch a Quadro card. It works but it's a terrible value.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Fellow graphics enthusiasts, can you tell me what kind of performance you're getting in Cyberpunk 2077 with your high end GPUs? To get 60FPS plus rock solid without occasional dips, with graphics cranked (but not Psycho, taking Ultra as max) I'm looking at running 1440p with DLSS Quality enabled for my best visual fidelity, and with my undervolt that runs 290-330W on average.

If I run in 4K I have to put it on Ultra Performance to get stable 60 with no dips at those settings, and while it is surprisingly not as bad as I'd expect because DLSS is cool it nevertheless has more appearance of jaggies and ghosting etc., and correspondingly pulls maybe 50W less on average too.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks amazing and is certainly the best "I want to be in Shadowrun" video game I've ever played, really enjoying it :) Seems like it might could use better optimization, though, as its graphics while very impressive don't seem SO totally next-level that it should be that much drastically harder to run than other current gen games that also have great graphics and use a bunch of ray tracing etc., maybe I'm being dense I dunno.

Different note, hobbesmaster I've run into some gaming instances where the "set to 0, adjust overclock at voltage point, flatten the rest" approach is not stable while the "set a negative offset, adjust overclock at voltage point" is stable. I speculate that it is because the first method also overclocks a few voltage points underneath the intended frequency, because the instability I've noticed was in games that were running at lower than max clock, sometimes significantly lower (1200mhz-1600mhz range). Setting it the negative-offset way, while technically an underclock at some voltage points below, does not seem to have this instability and so I've gone back to doing it that way as it has not yet cost me any measurable performance but it does make Monster Hunter and Path of Exile not crash occasionally when the card is only pulling 100-150W.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Thanks for the responses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

A Quadro p5000 is a pascal chip - the same GP104 used in the P4000, GTX 1070 and GTX 1080. There are no tensor or ray tracing cores.

Oh right; I was thinking of the rtx 5000, which does. Should have known that given I do have the p4000. So a p5000 is functionally ~1080.