Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Evil Kit posted:

she does get extra heals out of the blue pills which is not insignificant. It can really help you outlast the other time in pokewars.

I think she has some utility, but hard to imagine more than "can cover entire map in seconds" or mobility gains or "can literally see where everyone is"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

MJBuddy posted:

I think she has some utility, but hard to imagine more than "can cover entire map in seconds" or mobility gains or "can literally see where everyone is"

I am not a fan of arenas and even on release it seemed really obvious that some legends would just Be Better at the mode, even compared to the meta in BR.

I've softened on the mode as a whole but it still isn't super fun and I'd rather just play BR or Control if it's available.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Man I don't know if matchmaking is more lenient this season or something but this season so far I've been getting a 10% winrate with just over 100 games played. All of my previous seasons since the Horizon season have been hovering around 2.5 to 3.5% winrate with the exception of last season (5.5%). I'm not even trying particularly hard or specializing with one character or anything like that, either Apex is suddenly clicking for me (after God knows how many hours) or there's a bunch of new players in the game or something.

Oh lol while mulling it over I realized now why my winrate has vastly improved, it's because I went from a GTX 970 to a 3070Ti early this year. Turns out this game is WAY easier to play with consistently high framerates :v:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh lol while mulling it over I realized now why my winrate has vastly improved, it's because I went from a GTX 970 to a 3070Ti early this year. Turns out this game is WAY easier to play with consistently high framerates :v:

yep. this game in particular (imo) doesn't scale very well at the low end, certainly not like other battle royales which has very clear potato+draw distance as their competitive modes like fortnite. there are some settings that i actually like a little higher, like shadows, because sometimes they can give you a competitive advantage.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Speaking of crafters, it's garbage that the weekly rotation is just backpack/helmet (mandatory) then knock shield/respawn beacon (lol). No change since I think like 2020? Mix up the weeklies.

This week's rotation is a nudge towards getting you to upgrade your shields.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm sad I wasn't playing when those cool Prowler skins got put in.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Played some pug ranked last night, I'm still in rookie but I wanted to ask:

This game has a fantastic ping system, which I both use and respond to when my team mates use, but I don't like interacting with with randoms, so I have voice disabled. What are the odds on this tilting my team mates? Do you think it would be better or worse if I left voice on but just turned it all the way down?

Another ranked pick up game question: if your team of strangers hot drops to a near certain death, do you ride and die with them?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
If your teammates are getting tilted because you aren't talking they are probably going to get tilted by anything at all. Not your problem.

Ride And Die All Day. You either get some kills and feel good or you get into another game quickly with the small small chance one of your teammates holds your banner and you hostage in the game for another 5 minutes.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Did they gently caress up ranked some more this weekend? I don't play a ton of it, but managed to rank up to like bronze 2. Somehow yesterday I was rookie 2? It seems like the lobbies are functionally the same, since I was playing with bronze and silver. I really like throwing the bronze holospray, but not enough to grind to bronze lol

life_source posted:

Ride And Die All Day. You either get some kills and feel good or you get into another game quickly with the small small chance one of your teammates holds your banner and you hostage in the game for another 5 minutes.

This, especially when there's no entrance cost. Worst case scenario you end up going again in a minute.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
The ranked experience is smoothing out the farther we get into the split because players are getting back to their expected rank instead of almost everyone overfilling the Bronze/Silver/Gold bracket.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Sure, but last week I was bronze and this week I'm lower than bronze without playing any ranked. It seems very silly for that to have been intended, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Oh, sorry, I misread your post. That is very weird. It looks similar to the deranking effect that have added but if you weren't playing ranked then it's probably a bug. Report it?

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Jack B Nimble posted:

This game has a fantastic ping system, which I both use and respond to when my team mates use, but I don't like interacting with with randoms, so I have voice disabled. What are the odds on this tilting my team mates? Do you think it would be better or worse if I left voice on but just turned it all the way down?

Another ranked pick up game question: if your team of strangers hot drops to a near certain death, do you ride and die with them?

I think there are lots of good reasons to not want to be speaking on voice with randoms, and if they don't like it then that's their problem. I would hope that you get more value out of having inbound voice on though at least, I can say "get behind that wall so I can revive you" easily enough but there's no specific ping for it. You can always just mute them individually if they are blaring music or being toxic. Better to disable voice altogether than turn it way down though, at least then I know you can't hear me saying there's an enemy behind you so I can try to ping it.

As far as ride and die goes, if you're willing to play ranked with strangers in the first place then there's no point in getting hung up on what a better team would or could have done. Those strangers might be terrible but you've still got better odds if you go with it anyway. There's a tiny percentage of people who might be good enough to be better off splitting, but anyone that good wouldn't need to ask the question. :)

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes, and I'd be absolutely delusional not to think that the real boat anchor of a team member could be me; I'm no hidden apex player being held down ELO hell.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don't play ranked because it's bad (as am I) but I've only met nice people in arenas while not using voice.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

I would like to see the data on the crafting table to see how many people actually craft the Rampage now that the Spitfire is floor loot again.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Well considering how hard reddit cried about the rampage being the OP noob gun, surely it's being crafted every game by everyone.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I have my first real complaint after returning;

Errybody wanna play ranked, don't nobody wanna be jumpmaster

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The rampage was also helped by the spitfire being in the package. With the spitty as floor loot you can just pick up the better squad wiping gun off the ground.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack B Nimble posted:

The ping system is more than adequate. Please use the "I'm defending" "in attacking" and the "I'm watching here" pings if you do so though.

I feel like I'm the only one who does but as soon as I use them pubs tend to use them too.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I can't find the option to tell your team to group up - is it just an automatic thing characters say or has my dementia finally started?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

dogstile posted:

The ping system is more than adequate. Please use the "I'm defending" "in attacking" and the "I'm watching here" pings if you do so though.

I feel like I'm the only one who does but as soon as I use them pubs tend to use them too.

I use "I'm defending" quite a bit but I'll start using the other two, I'd been worried I wasn't clear enough when I was pushing off of a shield break.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I can't find the option to tell your team to group up - is it just an automatic thing characters say or has my dementia finally started?

Characters automatically say it when squad members are too far away from each other. I wish there was a manual “regroup” ping, though. You could use it before the automatic conditions are met, or when teammates don’t understand that if they get a head start and keep moving there’s often literally no way to catch up.

I’d also really like something along the lines of “I hear something” or “I think enemies are at X location”. The “enemies” voice lines are so specific about seeing them and it would be nice to communicate a bit more nuance. Sometimes I’m not sure if I heard them, or maybe I’ve just got a spidey sense tingling. Preferably you’d be able to use it on the map, too.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Knight2m posted:

I would like to see the data on the crafting table to see how many people actually craft the Rampage now that the Spitfire is floor loot again.

The few times I've played I have crafted it once or twice.

It's by far my favorite lmg atm. The spitfire may be strictly better though. I do make poor decisions

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's not as specific as you're saying so I feel you, but if I saw someone ping a "I'm watching this area", I'd go into a "condition yellow" and wait to see if my team mates soon confirms/engages

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Jack B Nimble posted:

I have my first real complaint after returning;

Errybody wanna play ranked, don't nobody wanna be jumpmaster but will ping the poo poo out if a location to land on

Fixed.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

:argh:

Yessssssssss

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

runchild posted:

Characters automatically say it when squad members are too far away from each other. I wish there was a manual “regroup” ping, though. You could use it before the automatic conditions are met, or when teammates don’t understand that if they get a head start and keep moving there’s often literally no way to catch up.

I’d also really like something along the lines of “I hear something” or “I think enemies are at X location”. The “enemies” voice lines are so specific about seeing them and it would be nice to communicate a bit more nuance. Sometimes I’m not sure if I heard them, or maybe I’ve just got a spidey sense tingling. Preferably you’d be able to use it on the map, too.

one of the things i love about BH kit is being able to ping footprints like "hey ppl were JUST here" just to keep ppl frosty

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
the spitfire is completely loving bonkers right now and you're a fool if you don't seriously consider it an insta-pick. i am generally building wingman->flatline->spitfire. i have friends who are ride or die for it right now.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Jack B Nimble posted:

It's not as specific as you're saying so I feel you, but if I saw someone ping a "I'm watching this area", I'd go into a "condition yellow" and wait to see if my team mates soon confirms/engages

Don't forget to use it on doors! Pinged doors show you when they are opened or closed, effectively serving as a free wallhack.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Unless I just haven't figured out how to do it, I wish there was a way to turn off some of the dialogue. I don't care that the champion has fallen or that there is a new kill leader... I'm trying to listen for footsteps or gunshots. Or turn down my teammates footsteps. There is already enough random noise in this game as it is.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
I just wish the game would play the same voice lines for all participants. Like sure it's cool that there are different variations for every ping type, but everyone should hear the same variation.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Plank Walker posted:

I just wish the game would play the same voice lines for all participants. Like sure it's cool that there are different variations for every ping type, but everyone should hear the same variation.

Yes and also the intros because when the robot makes me laugh I want my friends to know why.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Knight2m posted:

I do better with the ramp, just because the slower rof and better irons (holo?) help me hit at range plus being able to charge it and melt people up close. If I've landed at a POI that doesn't have a spitty or flatline and there's a crafter I'll make one, but I'm not dropping either to make a ramp.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

runchild posted:

You can use someones been here for this.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

runchild posted:

Yeah that would be great.

I play as Loba almost exclusively - when I move to another character, the movement feels off, for example Caustic feels like a bit fat poo poo to me. Is that just the sound of his movement or does he actually move more slowly?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I play as Loba almost exclusively - when I move to another character, the movement feels off, for example Caustic feels like a bit fat poo poo to me. Is that just the sound of his movement or does he actually move more slowly?

I posted about it earlier - it's the arm animations being slower I'm pretty sure.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Yeah that would be great.

All characters move at the same speed barring any abilities. His animation and being taller makes him feel slower.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Ah, good to know. What's this Newcastle geezer like? I'm loathe to spend money on the game even though I play it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Ah, good to know. What's this Newcastle geezer like? I'm loathe to spend money on the game even though I play it so much.

If you play even semi-regularly, you should have plenty of red tokens to buy new characters each season. They literally throw the things at you.