Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

COOL my Dualsense has severe right stick drift. I can't fix the loving thing no matter what I try. I had it a few months back and it magically fixed itself somehow but now it's back twice as worse so most games are impossible to play, especially zero deadzone games. loving raaaaad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
What’s the point of the Geoff summer fest of Geoff this year? What’s he gonna announce? Elden Ring 2??

He should just cancel it imo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the Keigh3 memes must flow

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Oscar Wild posted:

Metal gear solid is a major blindspot to me. Is it going to be on the new Playstation service or do I need to plug in a psx or ps3?

plug in your ps3

OR

be virtuous and wait and see

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

plug in your ps3

got the 3/4/5 plugged in right beside each other :cheers:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
is there a reason to have both the 4 and 5

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

got the 3/4/5 plugged in right beside each other :cheers:

get a 1 and 2 in there and then you're playing with power.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

4 plays the mubi app the ps5 cant

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the 5 sucks :hehe:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

get a 1 and 2 in there and then you're playing with power.

they got left behind after a move. No space. If I get a bigger place they’re coming back. I love all the consoles

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Vikar Jerome posted:

plug in your ps3

What are you, my wife?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Bathanada.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Not wanting to rebuy the games on PS5 that don't transfer smoothly?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

P.T.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Oscar Wild posted:

What are you, my wife?

yeah, get em plugged in!!!!!!!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

RareAcumen posted:

Not wanting to rebuy the games on PS5 that don't transfer smoothly?

is that a thing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

is that a thing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Gotta be ready to show off PT at a moment's notice

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Remote Play on a second screen.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

piss5 is already the best console i've ever owned. it's my jumbo urinal of happiness.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

can you upgrade a ps4 disk version of Ghost of Tsushima to the PS5 director’s cut version?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

can you upgrade a ps4 disk version of Ghost of Tsushima to the PS5 director’s cut version?

Yes, but not for free

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Casnorf posted:

i deleted elden ring

thread rule: banworthy

DO SOMETHING! :blastu:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

is that a thing

I'm pretty sure there was something weird about Control transferring over the DLC or the base game in general not being a free option and you'd have to rebuy it. And I don't know if FF7 Remake is going to migrate there too with Intergrade being only on the PS5.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Control had some dumb poo poo about double-dipping for the next gen versions or something

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

Yes, but not for free

yeah that’s fine. Sweet

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

I'm pretty sure there was something weird about Control transferring over the DLC or the base game in general not being a free option and you'd have to rebuy it. And I don't know if FF7 Remake is going to migrate there too with Intergrade being only on the PS5.

I have a feeling that Remedy was low key fighting with 505 about this and eventually 505 gave in and it was put up as a free upgrade on PS+ but in the most underhanded way possible so that a bunch of people missed out on it by clicking the wrong button.

I dunno, it was pretty weird.

All I know is that I got the PS5 version for free but a bunch of other people itt didn't.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

RareAcumen posted:

You can still play PS4 games on a PS5 even if you don't get the PS5 version though

They generally run better overall

I'm playing Pillars of Eternity on my PS5 right now and the load times are actually bearable, even!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Control had some dumb poo poo about double-dipping for the next gen versions or something

Control had a bunch of publisher-related weirdness. Off the top of my head:

• Control Ultimate Edition got a free PS5 upgrade. Control + Season Pass (which is identical to the Ultimate in terms of content) did not.
• The publisher announced there would be no other upgrade path, either buy the Ultimate Edition or buy the full game on PS5 outright.
• After announcing the previous, the game surprise launched as a PS+ title on PS5, including the PS4 version, but you could claim both of them separately. If you grabbed the PS4 version only and didn’t realize it by the time it stopped being a PS+ game, you’re SOL on the PS5 version being free.

There might have been more that I’m not remembering too. Great game. Terrible publisher.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

one of the few games I was happy to spend more on. I got the next gen version for like €10

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

You can still play PS4 games on a PS5 even if you don't get the PS5 version though

They generally run better overall

I'm playing Pillars of Eternity on my PS5 right now and the load times are actually bearable, even!

You can? I thought they had to be specifically labeled PS4 & PS5 on the store for that or have a PS5 version release. Oh well never mind then. I haven't been looking into much PS5 info because I'm not getting one till 2028 at this rate.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dewgy posted:

• After announcing the previous, the game surprise launched as a PS+ title on PS5, including the PS4 version, but you could claim both of them separately. If you grabbed the PS4 version only and didn’t realize it by the time it stopped being a PS+ game, you’re SOL on the PS5 version being free.

I think this is what happened to me, I was never able to find the free upgrade path and ended up double dipping

I'm a little mad but I'm also playing Control with ray tracing so it's a wash

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VideoGames posted:

Bathanada.

Umbasa :hmmyes:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

haveblue posted:

I think this is what happened to me, I was never able to find the free upgrade path and ended up double dipping

I'm a little mad but I'm also playing Control with ray tracing so it's a wash

I had base + season pass and grabbed the Ultimate on sale just for the upgrade, when they announced it’d be a PS+ game Sony refused to give me a refund, which was pretty surprising given that they automatically refunded me for Maneater like a month earlier.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Stare-Out posted:

COOL my Dualsense has severe right stick drift. I can't fix the loving thing no matter what I try. I had it a few months back and it magically fixed itself somehow but now it's back twice as worse so most games are impossible to play, especially zero deadzone games. loving raaaaad.

Exactly same here. A certain firmware update completely fixed it, then what appears to have been a system update iirc made it come back ten times worse. Controller is unusable since.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

You have to pay a fee, and it still requires the disk to be in the drive.

But, it really does look better and the added island was enjoyable.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

gently caress im getting the stonk on for dmc5 again

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I started Sleeping Dogs on my PS5 and got a big angry warning that I might experience problems.

Apparently there’s some save loading bug when it’s being played in backwards compatible mode that Squenix haven’t patched because who gives a poo poo about old games, so you have a 50/50 chance of the game just dying when you try to load a save.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

I started Sleeping Dogs on my PS5 and got a big angry warning that I might experience problems.

Apparently there’s some save loading bug when it’s being played in backwards compatible mode that Squenix haven’t patched because who gives a poo poo about old games, so you have a 50/50 chance of the game just dying when you try to load a save.

thank yu sony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

we call that "ironman" mode round these parts.