Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

isn't that like a curl to twilio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

man i just type what i want into sonarr or radarr and it does the rest for me

i use qbittorrent if it's not reliably on usenet though (more common than you'd think)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs

you’re face~

to face~

with the man who sold the world~

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

nudgenudgetilt posted:

isn't that like a curl to twilio?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

still, this is comparing to clicking-thing-instantly-watching-thing. ultimately i pirate a bunch of stuff too, but it is clearly more hassle

e: and this is without me bothering with a vpn, which is absolutely a hassle.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fjs: friend just god laid off. his grandfather also died saturday. gonna bring him a bottle of irish whiskey tomorrow

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

still, this is comparing to clicking-thing-instantly-watching-thing. ultimately i pirate a bunch of stuff too, but it is clearly more hassle

e: and this is without me bothering with a vpn, which is absolutely a hassle.

it is absolutely not a loving "hassle" holy poo poo

you know what's a hassle? going back to rewatch a movie or show that i liked a year ago and its not on netflix any more because a contract expired so i gotta hunt around and see if its on amazon now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
jesus christ we are in YOSPOS. people have built computers from individual transistors in here. one of our posters emeritus just ported doom to a/ux . and you say clicking a link and waiting fifteen minutes to have a movie forever is a hassle?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

jesus christ we are in YOSPOS. people have built computers from individual transistors in here. one of our posters emeritus just ported doom to a/ux . and you say clicking a link and waiting fifteen minutes to have a movie forever is a hassle?

hes trolling

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
blue apron subscribin' motherfucker

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

are you arguing that building your own computer from transistors, in a situation where you need a computer and aren't enjoying the act of doing it in and of itself, is not a hassle? if you think janitoring your piracy hoard is fun i am not trying to keep you from doing so.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

are you arguing that building your own computer from transistors, in a situation where you need a computer and aren't enjoying the act of doing it in and of itself, is not a hassle? if you think janitoring your piracy hoard is fun i am not trying to keep you from doing so.

There is no "janitoring" i literally dont know what you're talking about do you have an example?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

c birbs s: a blue jay just joined the flock of cardinals at my bird feeder and he’s running off with one sunflower seed at a time, cracking it open, then coming back for more

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

There is no "janitoring" i literally dont know what you're talking about do you have an example?

sure:

hbag posted:

man i just type what i want into sonarr or radarr and it does the rest for me

i use qbittorrent if it's not reliably on usenet though (more common than you'd think)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i bet it takes you longer to use the on screen keyboard to search for a show on netflix than it does me to find it and have it forever, at six times the bitrate with better audio. Sounds like a hassle!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anyways i got to go back to work and get on some projects, it's been fun getting baited by you but i tire of it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

adding a show to sonar/radar or copy/pasting into qbittorrent is way less work than juggling a half dozen subscriptions and trials to be able to watch the shows you want

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

anyways i got to go back to work and get on some projects, it's been fun getting baited by you but i tire of it

i am genuinely surprised that you think me suggesting that netflix is more convenient than piracy is me baiting you, but peace and enjoy your projects

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
pirating stuff is cool and good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i am genuinely surprised that you think me suggesting that netflix is more convenient than piracy is me baiting you, but peace and enjoy your projects

lol when’s the last time you used netflix to watch something you had decided to watch beforehand? and when’s the last time you downloaded linux isos?

i know which ones more convenient and it isn’t netflix

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

c birbs s: a blue jay just joined the flock of cardinals at my bird feeder and he’s running off with one sunflower seed at a time, cracking it open, then coming back for more

pea nut string
pea nut string

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the best part of cancelling netflix is when they send the pathetic ex boyfriend emails begging you to come back

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i rarely watch shows, but once in a while someone will mention a new movie or show, and i have netflix and prime - usually if i check they don't have it. but if i look i can find a nice enough stream of it in a few seconds usually. i don't mind paying a fixed fee to watch shows, but when i pay a fixed fee and then i go to watch whatever and they never have it (but you can buy that special thing separately!) i just find a stream of it or w/e. having to separately find and purchase the thing is annoying

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

none of that is janitoring either it takes like 2 minutes to find what im looking for on a private tracker if sonarr doesn't pick it up on usenet

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
YOSPOS YOSPOS
A pirate's life for me

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
do none of you know how to google "[movie/show] watch online free" ???

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i exclusively watch tv and movies on my apple tv and it doesnt do that. i sleep fine at night

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lord fifth posted:

do none of you know how to google "[movie/show] watch online free" ???

yeah you even get a free toolbar thrown in!!!

but fr though sonarr is way less hassle than navigating one of those sites

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
idk i have mu block installed and all the lovely streaming sites work fine :shrug: seems like the cheapest least hassle option

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
I just live in a perpetual state of apathy so deep I can't be bothered to watch anything ever. Saves me a bundle.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

InternetOfTwinks posted:

I just live in a perpetual state of apathy so deep I can't be bothered to watch anything ever. Saves me a bundle.

i mean, to be fair, i watch NHK World for the first 10-12 hours of the day. i just leave it running the whole time and turn the audio down when i'm in a zoom.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

i mean, to be fair, i watch NHK World for the first 10-12 hours of the day. i just leave it running the whole time and turn the audio down when i'm in a zoom.

at least we can all unironically agree on the convenience of this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

boy do i have a thread for you

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4004009

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yep, i love slow TV.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

oo they're doing a show about kabuki rignt now thats cool and interesting

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
hello I'm peter barakan

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Yeah NHK is dope as hell. Is there a web stream available I've been missing out on? I seem to recall their youtube content being pretty robust iirc.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I just stick to the apple TV w/ shows that're on itunes, criterion channel, and free apps like NHK and DW and ARD. I can't think of any shows or movies that I can't get now that're collectively worth the effort to set up piracy stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Yeah NHK is dope as hell. Is there a web stream available I've been missing out on? I seem to recall their youtube content being pretty robust iirc.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/live/