Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao Ew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

"waterboy cycle" surely?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:stonk:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

heh

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

My volume = 0
My velocity = 0
My variety = 0

gently caress their confidence; can't criticize the attributes of something that doesn't exist. LO-GAN.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
induced demand is a stupid term that implies you're creating demand from nowhere. unrealized demand is more accurate.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

public transport: 0.5billion
walking/cycling initiatives: 0.01 billion
roads: 100 billion

someone good with urban planning please help me my cities are dying

Shaggar: spend more on roads

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

its impossible that making more room for cars would encourage people to use their cars more

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

how is this even a question? we've seen the answer for more than 50 years

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

its impossible that making more room for cars would encourage people to use their cars more

It will just result in cars evolving to be larger.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

people already want to use their cars and they do already use the cars, theres just not enough capacity for the existing demand. the way they plan for demand does not take that into account so they incorrectly call it "induced" when it is actually "unrealized" or "unacknowledged". its ultimately a failure of planning and bad design.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

public transport: 0.5billion
walking/cycling initiatives: 0.01 billion
roads: 100 billion

someone good with urban planning please help me my cities are dying

Shaggar: spend more on roads

trains are cool and we should definitely build more and faster trains. especially ones that are above or below the road.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

people already want to use their cars

lol

do you know why i spent 20 years driving nissan and bmw sports cars

because i had to drive and didnt want to be miserable.

now that i never drive to work, take the train once every 3 months to work, and only get in my truck to go to home depot, i do not care about fast or luxo cars at all.

remove the need to love car and you will remove the love of car.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

If you build a nice big highway from a city to buttfuck nowhere then city folks are gonna move out along the highway until the commutes get just as bad as they are anywhere else. if you add a lane to somewhere the commutes gonna improve temporarily until enough people start using it that it takes as long as anywhere else because time and convenience is what people care about not the ability to use car

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Shaggar posted:

people already want to use their cars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IauFl6mW7YE

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

If you build a train station the area around it expands because there's new transit there and wow trains start appearing more. Why on earth would it be different for a road

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I drive like 20 km a week at this point and it's great. if I have to go into the office and I want to get a little extra sleep then I either drive 5 minutes or walk for 30, then I get on a bus and then a train for a bit and poof, I'm at work

I'm never driving all the way into the city again, gently caress that poo poo

PokeJoe posted:

If you build a train station the area around it expands because there's new transit there and wow trains start appearing more. Why on earth would it be different for a road

the best thing that ever happened for the city I live in was translink putting in an express bus that only has three stops and is every 8 minutes during rush hour and glides along in the HOV lane. it will probably be relegated to second best thing in 5-6 years when they extend the train system out here and start redeveloping all the lovely 60s era developments surrounding where the train stations are going to be with urban housing

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
hey they are widening the highway, better build a subdivision in the middle of nowhere without a grocery store or school.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
we're all just gonna scroll right past that lady stuntin in the ada-compliant cybertoilet, huh?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Chris Knight posted:

player of james

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
ive been playing around with the ml image bot thats going around like everyone else. i tried to get it to give me a red carpet premiere with the carpet replaced by a big tongue and

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have yet to get it to generate anything, it always just says too much traffic :(

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Wow, the Bill Fickas???

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i thought it said bela fleck at first

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Achmed Jones posted:

i have yet to get it to generate anything, it always just says too much traffic :(

same :(

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

you just have to appeal to it's interests

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

galactol stool scale

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

just hit the button a few times, when it doesn't immediately come back with "try again later" it's working

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I tried a couple

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

that darth vader one is actually really cool

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

tag urself I'm bottom left

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Jabberlock posted:

For real tho, he was like a real estate guy who became independently wealthy and decided to bankroll making his own movies. It's clear that he's delusionally narcissistic since the plots of all of his movies involve him being some sort of super genius who can do anything like fix the world's problems or some other insanely outlandish thing.

I'd post the RLM rundown of his best film but it was removed from Youtube because the guest was notable creep Max Landis

a narcissist in real estate you say?!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

suspiciously accurate moose milkie in the top right there

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
is there one of the free image host bullshit things that'll let you post a svg? imgur doesn't

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/aqueerwolf/status/1534705536171663360?s=20&t=VP2I9OBqMsHOh67eDDZ1bQ

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you know, if all roads were actually that wide I think we'd solve traffic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i am so ready for the end of this latest round of "HAHA GAN MAEK FUNNEY IMAEG" posting