Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my great uncle raised draft horses and sold them to the local amish community

he was also a farmer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cjs: cleaned up my work desk

what i will look like at work

what i look at at work

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Achmed Jones posted:

my great uncle raised draft horses and sold them to the local amish community

he was also a farmer
the same thing happened to my buddy erik

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

"boy'll" you ever shut up!!!!

im just joshin ya pal i wanted to use that pun i came up with there ho ho!!!!!!!

I had a bowl thought, get this: corn on the coblin

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

cjs: cleaned up my work desk

what i will look like at work

what i look at at work

absolutely love that insanely overkill rackmounted mixer

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
like a goblin but corn

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
behringer mx2642a. 26 stereo inputs, 3 stereo subgroups, 6 aux sends. They got sued by Mackie over it because they stole the VLZ channel strip circuit. i had one, it died, i bought 2 other mixers and hated them, then i paid too much for a 16 year old mixer and got a 2642 again.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that panel's no slouch either. 20" samsung 1280x1024 in a custom built rack chassis. the caps died and i replaced them. love it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
not enough corn on the coblins

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
sick keyboard

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the freestyles are pretty decent. not as nice as my leopold but fastly bought both the kb and tragic macpad for me and didnt ask for em back soooo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
my leopold is top notch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i hated on mechs forever then i said gently caress it and bought my fc980m and have not looked back

a week in i spilled a sprite on it and ruined like 8 keys. bought a bag of cherry mx reds and did proceed to violate the warranty, crack it open and replace them. perfect now and i'm careful about drinks around it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

i hated on mechs forever then i said gently caress it and bought my fc980m and have not looked back

a week in i spilled a sprite on it and ruined like 8 keys. bought a bag of cherry mx reds and did proceed to violate the warranty, crack it open and replace them. perfect now and i'm careful about drinks around it

my unicomp is 13 years old and I've spilled all types of poo poo in it, and it's covered in cigarettes burns and still mostly works. I've been saving to get a new one to last me 20 years

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i've got an OG model M with a dead space bar. every other key is perfect. i gotta rip it apart and replace the membrane. ugh

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

i've got an OG model M with a dead space bar. every other key is perfect. i gotta rip it apart and replace the membrane. ugh

I swear by unicomp

https://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/NEW_M

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah, i might just say gently caress it and buy one of the unicomps instead idk

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah, i might just say gently caress it and buy one of the unicomps instead idk

if you don't treat it like poo poo like I do a unicomp would probably last like 40 years, it's a serious model m keyboard

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i wish that there were cooler split keyboards. seems the choices for mechanical are ergodox and kinesis (since iirc matias has quality issues)

ergodox is cool but man im not gonna janitor a keyboard. but i do want cool colors for my keycaps

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

i wish that there were cooler split keyboards. seems the choices for mechanical are ergodox and kinesis (since iirc matias has quality issues)

ergodox is cool but man im not gonna janitor a keyboard. but i do want cool colors for my keycaps

did you see the kickstarter for the ceramic keycaps

i would have instantly slapped buy, but they dont come with enough to fill out the leopold

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cerakey/cerakey-the-first-keyboard-that-made-of-ceramic

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

but of course no ISO option lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
ablative keycaps that feel like pop rocks when you type

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i got boba tea for a while until one day i was like "this is pure sugar, why the gently caress am i drinking this" and i stopped

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Janitoring your keyboard actually slaps, I've got things configured just so and it's the best. All my modifers actually near home row where it makes sense.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i got boba tea for a while until one day i was like "this is pure sugar, why the gently caress am i drinking this" and i stopped

most places will do it without sugar or 1/2 or 1/4 sweet

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
oh yeah i was doing 25% sugar but still why am i paying $7 for this

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

idk. the place I go uses really high quality tea so it's nice.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

mistel makes a few good ones. I have this one and I like it https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5695

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

probably a bad choice if you want funky caps though because a lot of the modifiers are non standard.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Janitoring your keyboard actually slaps, I've got things configured just so and it's the best. All my modifers actually near home row where it makes sense.

i had double tap c double tap v macros for copy/paste and I had to turn them off when doing cvv validation stuff for work

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

moonlander is ok.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

KidDynamite posted:

moonlander is ok.

yeah i've been intrigued by this kb and its layout

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah i've been intrigued by this kb and its layout

i really like ortholinear and having a symbols layer BUT it definitely makes switching back to typing on my mbp a pain. keep in mind I learned to touch type on it so you may not have these issues.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i can shift to any keeb pretty quickly. i rotate through my macbook keyboards, which i actually have condoms on so they're SUPER peanut buttery, and my leopold with reds and now i got my freestyle 2 out so we're loving with that too

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Cjs. Vacation time and high enough that I can't hear time anymore.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

got so high you could hear time and then went past that so you’re back to not hearing time? cool

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

did you see the kickstarter for the ceramic keycaps

i would have instantly slapped buy, but they dont come with enough to fill out the leopold

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cerakey/cerakey-the-first-keyboard-that-made-of-ceramic

i did not, whoa

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The porcelain posting throne

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

The porcelain posting throne

poo poo post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU