Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

did you actually tell them that? and if so what was their response to that?

if you think i am encouraging this person with responses in any way, then you are incorrect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

divabot posted:

if you think i am encouraging this person with responses in any way, then you are incorrect

do they have any other "evidence" or is it just, uh, someone coding something with msvc? i mean musk almost certainly didn't do that anyway

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
look:
elon musk
   /    \
nakamoto satoshi

it's pretty much confirmed

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

look:
elon musk
   /    \
nakamoto satoshi

it's pretty much confirmed

need a few more confirmations before you can really go with it though.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
code:
# cat << EOF > elon.c
? #include <stdio.h>
? void main() {
?    elon musk;
?    return;
? }
? EOF
# gcc elon.c -o elon
elon.c: In function ‘main’:
elon.c:3:4: error: unknown type name ‘elon’
    3 |    elon musk;
      |    ^~~~
# cat << EOF > satoshi.c
? #include <stdio.h>
? void main() {
?    satoshi nakamoto;
?    return;
? }
? EOF
#  gcc satoshi.c -o satoshi
satoshi.c: In function ‘main’:
satoshi.c:3:4: error: unknown type name ‘satoshi’
    3 |    satoshi nakamoto;
      |    ^~~~~~~

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

there's a coin who's entire premise is building a terrifying sculpture of an elon headed goat straddling a tiny rocket and driving it up to spacex hq so elon will tweet about them and make the price go to the moon:psyduck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT1S4-6WAN4

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

SubG posted:

code:
# cat << EOF > elon.c
? #include <stdio.h>
? void main() {
?    elon musk;
?    return;
? }
? EOF
# gcc elon.c -o elon
elon.c: In function ‘main’:
elon.c:3:4: error: unknown type name ‘elon’
    3 |    elon musk;
      |    ^~~~
# cat << EOF > satoshi.c
? #include <stdio.h>
? void main() {
?    satoshi nakamoto;
?    return;
? }
? EOF
#  gcc satoshi.c -o satoshi
satoshi.c: In function ‘main’:
satoshi.c:3:4: error: unknown type name ‘satoshi’
    3 |    satoshi nakamoto;
      |    ^~~~~~~

if you use amberpos the errors are gold fringed, furthermore as a sovereign i

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
to be fair that's a better business plan than most coins in that tesla headquarters actually exists

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

wow, yeah, actually that is kinda terrifying

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

divabot posted:

oh come on, take one for the team, will ya?

it's gonna be tremendous content for this thread!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

SubG posted:

code:
? #include <stdio.h>

What is the purpose of this?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Boxturret posted:

there's a coin who's entire premise is building a terrifying sculpture of an elon headed goat straddling a tiny rocket and driving it up to spacex hq so elon will tweet about them and make the price go to the moon:psyduck:

:wtc::wtc::wtc:

also:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Boxturret posted:

it's kinda wild seeing bible stories play out irl

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Hammurabi's code of flaws

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Boxturret posted:

Proven strategy:

Wachter posted:

They got someone to ambush Elon and got him to halfassedly say "daddy doge" on camera. The price spiked and they rug pulled for ~£300k each

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
the piss goblins have arrived in venezuela https://web3isgoinggreat.com/?id=scammers-compromise-el-universal-twitter-account

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

This reminds me that I should get baked and watch the Mind's Eye music videos today instead of thinking about coins.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Boxturret posted:

Is it propelled by exploding 18650 batteries?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Boxturret posted:

that's a more concrete and realistic business plan than most crypto ventures

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i love that you made the n by flipping over a u

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

it's just efficient :cool:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
isun't!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
assdimes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

loving inflation

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

I've seen so many of these that it's just hit me how absurd it is that simply entering your wallet into a website is enough for them to steal everything inside it. I don't have to worry about my bank's account/routing number floating around because without my actual credentials all anyone can do with those is send me money. Do crypto wallets not have that same kind of system or are people genuinely just giving random websites their entire bank credentials just to potentially own a picture of a goblin

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i'm not sure why you're so weirded out by this? it's just like when you go to the convenience store and they have you login to your bank's website so they can transfer the cash out to pay for what you bought and add a transaction record to your account to prove you now own that stuff

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pigbuster posted:

I've seen so many of these that it's just hit me how absurd it is that simply entering your wallet into a website is enough for them to steal everything inside it. I don't have to worry about my bank's account/routing number floating around because without my actual credentials all anyone can do with those is send me money. Do crypto wallets not have that same kind of system or are people genuinely just giving random websites their entire bank credentials just to potentially own a picture of a goblin

uh that is not true please don't go around giving out your bank account number

with the bank account and routing number you can send an ACH transaction from (not just to) an account - basically write an electronic check. you still have the banks fraud protection and it's harder to get rights to do an ACH than use a cc number but you still don't want that out there

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
im going to make wire-verifier.com so that people who are trying to set up a wire transfer the first time can check to make sure that they have the right numbers for the right fields that an escrow would ask for

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
has anyone said fanny pennies

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Sniep posted:

im going to make wire-verifier.com so that people who are trying to set up a wire transfer the first time can check to make sure that they have the right numbers for the right fields that an escrow would ask for

could you send it to the lawyer that handled my grandmother's will? he had no idea what he was doing and wasted a ton of time

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
does he have a lot money?

im only interested in getting bank wire numbers for people with at least like 10k for me to take from them

"a fee" i guess

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ACH thbbft! - bill the crypto cat

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

evilweasel posted:

uh that is not true please don't go around giving out your bank account number

with the bank account and routing number you can send an ACH transaction from (not just to) an account - basically write an electronic check. you still have the banks fraud protection and it's harder to get rights to do an ACH than use a cc number but you still don't want that out there

it's true in any country with a sane financial system
the usa is the only one that uses a "pull" system instead of a "push" system for transactions, so anyone with your account number can attempt to make a fraudulent withdrawal
i'm not sure how the whole system lasted this long when you can literally get that number just by reading it off a check

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

It's people "connecting" their meta mask wallet by entering their credentials or whatever into the scam site.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Gazpacho posted:

please don't put coins in you are vagina, it will disturb the ph balance and cause problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Gazpacho posted:

https://www.fannypenny.com/