Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Starfield looks really boring. These space games always end up being boring.

The most exciting announcement was Persona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Alan_Shore posted:

Really? Nothing at all? Not even Starfield? That's a loving lie lol

Just lots of cool-looking games, like that vampire one, the plague one, flight simulator with Halo where you can go into space, Sea of Thieves, Little legends, gently caress there were so many games where I was like "oh that looks like fun".

And they're ALL on Gamepass. Essentially free. Whereas our Nintendo gamepass gets us cloud saves and some N64 roms.

Maybe the next Nintendo direct will blow us away, but the last one nearly put me (and a lot of people here) to sleep, so we'll see.

I just think Nintendo needs to pull some amazing stuff out of the bag, I can name 2 games that I'm looking forward to in the next year.

How could you think Starfield looked good.:lol:

If you like mostly janky western made games than Switch probably isn’t for you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 38 minutes!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love Bethesda and I thought it looked boring as gently caress. Another dull space game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Only space games I’m looking forward to are that Dead Space successor and Pikmin 4(cancelled)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am still excited for Starfield, but now I know where to center my expectations, which were lower than I wanted them to be. Starfield will be yet another open world RPG that promises the everything but delivers on none of it. I'm not gonna get over hyped for it though like I did Cyberpunk 2077.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Only space games I’m looking forward to are that Dead Space successor and Pikmin 4(cancelled)

Dead Space Remake, and the Callisto Protocol both look great.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's me. I'm the one who thinks Starfield looks good. I think it's going to be a fun game after I add 1k mods to it.

I'm not kidding. I am hyped as gently caress for Starfield.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Xbox: FPS, indie games
Nintendo: ports, sequels
Playstation: no games

I think Sony wins by default.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yaws posted:

It's me. I'm the one who thinks Starfield looks good. I think it's going to be a fun game after I add 1k mods to it.

I'm not kidding. I am hyped as gently caress for Starfield.

I wouldn't say I'm super hyped, I don't even own an Xbox console, and who knows how well it'll play on my PC, but I think it looks good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

starfield looked very dull and 'systemy' in a very expected evolution of their last two games toward less interesting things and more building/crafting. it works for a lot of people but i miss the system being mostly exploration to find weird poo poo and weird npcs that had cool stuff to say, so there were a lot more of them. going to play it for a long time with a lot of mods though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 38 minutes!

Cavauro posted:

starfield looked very dull and 'systemy' in a very expected evolution of their last two games toward less interesting things and more building/crafting. it works for a lot of people but i miss the system being mostly exploration to find weird poo poo and weird npcs that had cool stuff to say, so there were a lot more of them. going to play it for a long time with a lot of mods though

same

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Turns out, a lot of people do!

What new games are you, personally, looking forward to on the Switch? You can't say Splatoon 3 or BTOW2!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the remake of Live-A-Live will be goated

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Alan_Shore posted:

What new games are you, personally, looking forward to on the Switch? You can't say Splatoon 3 or BTOW2!

Bayonetta 3

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Alan_Shore posted:

You’re right and I was being a little harsh, I apologize, but I personally think it looks meh.

Other than those, I’m looking forward to Live-A-Live, Advance Wars, MH Sunbreak, more Mario Kart tracks, Mario Rabbids 2, Klonoa and Bayonetta 3. Quite a lot actually now that I thought about it!

Edit: Xenoblade 3 and Fire Emblem Three Hopes too.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 12, 2022

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the remake of Live-A-Live will be goated

It's looking real good, but I still need to get through Triangle Strategy which just dropped a bit ago.

New Xenoblade looking real fine though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Klonoa........ Ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Alan_Shore posted:

That Xbox direct was incredible, tons of games I'd want to play (I don't have an Xbox lol)

Conversely there's nothing coming to Switch except Splatoon and Botw2 and that's a huge lol.

Thank god for all these not-graphically-challenging indie games!
You should get an Xbox.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im getting a playstation 5 because im stupid

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That is stupid.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
An XBOX and Switch is all you need if you dont want a PC. PS5 is a superfluous Bloodborne machine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wanna play ff7r smh

Prowler
May 24, 2004

A lot of great games were displayed at the Microsoft/Bethesda showcase, it's a bit odd to claim nothing looked good. Since I don't own a PS5 or a Series S/X, but DO have a fairly modern PC, Sony's and Microsoft's conferences were amazing.

It left me asking, "Well, Nintendo?"

A lot of the titles they announced a year or two ago will be out within (I assume) the next 12 months. It feels like the end of a console cycle, but without any hint of a new console on the horizon. What is Nintendo's plan for 2023? What big games are coming out holiday 2022 (aside from Pokemon)?

Edit: Also, I'm looking forward to Xenoblade 3. I may get Splatoon, but I've never played one before and the interest is not all the way there.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 12, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the playstation 5 will have games and you may even be able to buy one some day

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bethesda games are stupid fun, they're bad games but they usually have enough going on that it's fun to play them for awhile. Not that I trust much about Starfield, but I'll just rent it on Game Pass and maybe by that time my Steam Dreck will be here and I can play it on that.

In the meantime there's loving Live A Live next month so,

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im getting a playstation 5 because im stupid

Returnal is a no-brainer
Demon's Souls remake is pretty good, too

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Atlus did post and no Switch. Maybe they’re saving that for a Direct but we’ll see.

Ah, it's possible they're waiting for a joint announcement with Nintendo but I am now less certain.

Atlas has been really weird about the Switch. Persona has a main character in Smash and the only representation that series gets is the Warriors(?) spin-off/sequel game.

Which I'm not going to touch because I haven't played the game it's a sequel to, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Oh well. Persona 5 doesn't come to Switch I'll just play it on my computer like I did for 4. I won't be happy about it, but at least I'll get to play it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Anyway I will buy BotW2 even if the game is just a video of Miyamoto destroying the sole complete copy of Silksong while laughing maniacally as billions of yen burn in the background.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Anyway I will buy BotW2

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Shredder's Revenge looks like it'll be a lot of fun to play. I still need to beat a couple of things, I completely stalled out at the beginning of the post-game of Kirby. And all the Virtual Console games I have floating around need to get done too!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
So glad Silk Song is coming to a real console.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Prowler posted:

A lot of great games were displayed at the Microsoft/Bethesda showcase, it's a bit odd to claim nothing looked good. Since I don't own a PS5 or a Series S/X, but DO have a fairly modern PC, Sony's and Microsoft's conferences were amazing.

It left me asking, "Well, Nintendo?"

A lot of the titles they announced a year or two ago will be out within (I assume) the next 12 months. It feels like the end of a console cycle, but without any hint of a new console on the horizon. What is Nintendo's plan for 2023? What big games are coming out holiday 2022 (aside from Pokemon)?

Edit: Also, I'm looking forward to Xenoblade 3. I may get Splatoon, but I've never played one before and the interest is not all the way there.

Thank goodness, I thought I was going crazy

American McGay posted:

You should get an Xbox.

I would genuinely love one

SeANMcBAY posted:

You’re right and I was being a little harsh, I apologize, but I personally think it looks meh.

Other than those, I’m looking forward to Live-A-Live, Advance Wars, MH Sunbreak, more Mario Kart tracks, Mario Rabbids 2, Klonoa and Bayonetta 3. Quite a lot actually now that I thought about it!

Edit: Xenoblade 3 and Fire Emblem Three Hopes too.

I'm excited for those games too, but look at your list: remake, sequel, DLC, sequel, sequel...

Atm we're just getting "more of the same" on Switch, would be nice to get some genuinely exciting new IPs but sadly I think the Switch is being left behind due to it's sagging power. It's still my go-to for excellent indie games, but it's a shame.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like what I like.:shrug:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
When I saw the power of Todd Howard's latest janky rear end broken pile I immediately lost all faith in Japanese game development

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Also in 2022 expecting new IPs or even returns to older IPs from big publishers is a pretty big ask in a lot of cases because of how risk-averse most of them are now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

That Xbox direct was incredible, tons of games I'd want to play (I don't have an Xbox lol)

Conversely there's nothing coming to Switch except Splatoon and Botw2 and that's a huge lol.

Thank god for all these not-graphically-challenging indie games!

Graphically challenging *gets delayed for six months for the third time in a row, gets patched to a playable state six months after release, gets played exactly once and then digitally shelved*

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Why r u talking about xbox here, i dont think gamespass is coming to the switch

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's technically possible if you mod Android on a homebrew Switch, but GamePass Cloud gaming is too laggy in my experience to really work that well.

Steam Link, though... :discourse:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

Why r u talking about xbox here, i dont think gamespass is coming to the switch

Imagine if we had a Nintendo equivalent though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

man nurse posted:

Legitimately amazed anyone found a single thing from that presentation interesting

i mean they did announce Nioh 3 But It’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms Now and that’s pretty dope

Alan_Shore posted:

Not even Starfield? That's a loving lie lol
:hmbol:

Augus fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 13, 2022