Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

“not even starfield”, funniest poo poo I’ve ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

man nurse posted:

Legitimately amazed anyone found a single thing from that presentation interesting
Cope.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i dont need a game pass

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

or games

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Alan_Shore posted:

Really? Nothing at all? Not even Starfield? That's a loving lie lol

It's just NMS with the same recycled bandit AI they've been using since Fallout 3.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Can't wait for Shredder's Revenge. 4 days!

I'm gonna trash so many uhhhh...food service foot soldiers. :getin:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Any guesses on who the bosses will be?

Bebop
Rocksteady
Baxter Stockman
I think the box art has Leatherhead
Krang
Maybe Metalhead?
Maybe Rat King?
Traag?

Shredder of course

Who else

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Yeah pretty sure I saw Rat King in one of the character videos.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://i.imgur.com/NQFcMDU.mp4
They've shown some more in various footage, we're getting some of the deep pulls like Dirtbag, Groundchuck, and Tempestra.
At this point I would not be surprised if they decided to get the entire gang from the "Night of the Rogues" episode, which would include Antrax, Scumbug, and Chrome Dome, but I also haven't seen any sign of them, either, .

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Any guesses on who the bosses will be?

Bebop
Rocksteady
Baxter Stockman
I think the box art has Leatherhead
Krang
Maybe Metalhead?
Maybe Rat King?
Traag?

Shredder of course

Who else

I don't remember their names, but TMNT Tournament Fighters for the Snes has a manta ray guy, a shark guy, cyber shredder, a bat mutant, Chrome dome, and some alien thing iirc

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Can't wait for Shredder's Revenge. 4 days!

I'm gonna trash so many uhhhh...food service foot soldiers. :getin:

Glad they knew what I loved about Turtles in Time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

They definitely have Chrome Dome in it, who I don't even remember.

Also, am I the only one who remembers the two part prime time episode that introduced Groundchuck and Dirtbag? It had to do with some city under a dome.

You know how weird it feels to have that kind of morsel of a memory locked away? None of what I just said makes sense, but I swear it happened.

Edit: oh hey, it was called Planet of the Turtleloids, and lo...

Tmnt Wiki posted:

This episode along with "Planet of the Turtleoids, Part 2" originally aired as an hour long prime time special on August 31, 1991 and when reran for Saturday mornings was split into two half hour episodes

:smug:

Edit 2: ah, there we go... From the write up of Part 2...

Tmnt Wiki posted:

Herman the Horrible along with recruits Groundchuck and Dirtbag destroy the power source to the force dome shield leaving the city vulnerable.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 13, 2022

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I"m honestly curious how many of the old vas they got. They defintely got all the turtles, and I think Bebop and Rocksteady are their old voices too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Shindragon posted:

I"m honestly curious how many of the old vas they got. They defintely got all the turtles, and I think Bebop and Rocksteady are their old voices too.

Cam Clarke always voiced Rocksteady as well. I forget who voiced Bebop.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is this a remake of one of the old TMNT games or a brand new one?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Larryb posted:

Brand new one, meant to be a sort of update on the old types of games (similar moves and locales), except this is, thematically, based specifically on the 1987 cartoon.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah p much why alot of people are hyped about this one. Not a remake/remaster, a full blown TMNT arcade sequel.

Plus six player co op is pretty drat cool.

I just hope reviews don't knock it cuz it's "short". It's a beat em up game. You aren't gonna spend 8 hours on this.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Larryb posted:

Brand new, but there's also a collection of all the old ones coming, too, if you missed that before. All the 8-bit, 16-bit, and arcade games.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i am going to buy shredder's revenge and the cowabunga collection for the nintendo switch

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Also yeah the cowbunga collection is great because we get the SNES Turtles in Time port. I always felt sad when that got ported or remade it was the arcade one instead. That one didn't have as much catchy tunes.

Other than Pizza power.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I am going to download it for free on my Xbox Series X and play 6 player cross platform multiplayer with all of my friends who are using the $1 Game Pass trial to get the PC version.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Shindragon posted:

Also yeah the cowbunga collection is great because we get the SNES Turtles in Time port. I always felt sad when that got ported or remade it was the arcade one instead. That one didn't have as much catchy tunes.

Other than Pizza power.

I wish they had made both versions of Turtles in Time online for that collection. Would be way cooler than having Hyperstone Heist online.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

I am going to download it for free on my Xbox Series X and play 6 player cross platform multiplayer with all of my friends who are using the $1 Game Pass trial to get the PC version.

Remind them to turn off auto-renewal so they don't get stung like some xbox hater goons

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TMNT games are some of the best. Just pure arcade fun. I can’t wait. TMNT: The Arcade Game for NES was my most played as a kid.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
So the picross games are all on special for 30 percent off and Im getting close to being done with S1, what is the best one to buy in terms of interesting game modes?

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 13, 2022

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm gonna mangle you green slimeballs

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

So the picross games are all on special for 30 percent off and Im getting close to being done with S1, what is the best one to buy in terms of interesting game modes?
S2

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
BIG APPLE
THREE AM

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Did Cowabunga Collection already come out?
I know could use google but I typed this out and posted before realizing that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Did Cowabunga Collection already come out?
I know could use google but I typed this out and posted before realizing that.

Doesnt have a release date. Shredder's Revenge though comes out in 4 days.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Tunic is a delightful game that should be on the Nintendo Switch

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tunic is really good yeah!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Doesnt have a release date. Shredder's Revenge though comes out in 4 days.

Nice. Thank you. I think I'll likely get them both. I did put Turtles in Time on my SNES Mini, but I'm a sucker for... huh what's the word for a whole series of games? We can talk about a musician's discography or an author's bibliography, but a game series... gameonology? I'm going with ludology. There coined it.

Anyway, I've always like playing full series just to see how the design evolved as they made sequels. I don't get many collections that said, but TMNT IV has such a special place in my heart, I think I'll do just that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont need a game pass

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im getting a playstation 5 because im stupid

makes sense

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The most recent 2 are the best in every way. The couple in the middle have the same modes but are too easy.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

I'm excited for those games too, but look at your list: remake, sequel, DLC, sequel, sequel...

Why do people say this like it's a bad thing. Who cares if something is a sequel or brand new so long as it's fun?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I do hope they do a direct soon so people stop talking about irrelevant bullshit. Nintendo will always win.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

An Actual Princess posted:

Why do people say this like it's a bad thing. Who cares if something is a sequel or brand new so long as it's fun?

I’ll tell you who: online freaks

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

An Actual Princess posted:

I do hope they do a direct soon so people stop talking about irrelevant bullshit. Nintendo will always win.

I hope it's not depressing like their last few

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

speaking of online freaks