Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
just won my first game of the day 1v3 by trapping the other team under a bridge as the ring closed and perfectly timing the medpack

pathfinder tried to come up and get me twice and got a faceful from my eva-8 for his troubles

teammates were hollering and apologizing for calling me an npc for flying away when they got downed

it's all downhill from here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

All of the early stuff screamed "Super Heroes!" And I feel like they could have gone so much further with that.

Caustic as Batman (or the Flash for max giggles)
Octane as Aquaman
Lifeline as Harley Quinn
Valk as a literal valkyrie
Revenant as Superman complete with cape

I mean color versions of. So much more could have been done!

Oh, oh poo poo, Mirage as the Invisible Man where he and his holos are just empty suits running amok.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fuse as Omni-Man

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1536363093508358144
Looks like it’ll be about Lifeline

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

A leak for her indicates a buff of all abilities.

https://www.dexerto.com/apex-legends/apex-legends-leak-reveals-major-lifeline-buff-coming-with-update-13-1-1846001/?amp

Increased D.O.C. Heal Drone health pool from 150 to 9999
Doubled D.O.C. Heal Drone zone reach radius
Downed teammates can now opt out Combat Revive’s auto-revive
Reduced Care Package’s cool-down from 5 minutes to 3 minutes 30 seconds

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

dunno if I would consider those, "major"

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
It is hard to have a character who's core identity is doctor when they're the third best medic in the game.

They need to do something drastic, my possible ideas

doc can heal shields too
Bring back the shield while ressing but make it work like Newcastle
Doesn't need a banner to res
Ult can bring down a rez like a drop pod, maybe a basic loadout

The problem is that her abilities are supposed to help you when you're hosed but they're not nearly strong enough to do that

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I noticed a minor thing that seems odd to me:

The daily crafting rotation appears to work by selecting a gun and then two attachments that can be equipped to that gun. Today's crafting rotation is energy mag and digital threat. The only gun that takes both of those is the Volt, which means the crafting rotation is for a gun that isn't currently ground loot.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Hackan Slash posted:

It is hard to have a character who's core identity is doctor when they're the third best medic in the game.

Hmn, who are the other two? Watson?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Jack B Nimble posted:

Hmn, who are the other two? Watson?

Gibraltar and Newcastle are vastly better at picking people off the ground since she lost the res shield. Even when the shield was good though it wasn't enough to make her see any competitive play.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Peewi posted:

The daily crafting rotation appears to work by selecting a gun and then two attachments that can be equipped to that gun. Today's crafting rotation is energy mag and digital threat. The only gun that takes both of those is the Volt, which means the crafting rotation is for a gun that isn't currently ground loot.

yeah the crafting rotation was last refreshed when the volt was ground loot, and they never bothered updating it. they've also forgetten to update the crafting rotation whenever hopups get removed from the game on at least two occasions :v:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Peewi posted:

Another thing regarding the Volt and crafter is that if you craft ammo while you have a Volt in your inventory it will still craft energy ammo.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
It's like that for all the Red Tier weapons. Mastiff/Shotgun, G7/Light, etc. etc.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

life_source posted:

It's like that for all the Red Tier weapons. Mastiff/Shotgun, G7/Light, etc. etc.

Nope, I tried it with the Mastiff afterward and it only crafted ammo for my 301.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 13, 2022

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I think they just forget to set half the special variables for care package weapons, like last season(?) when the g7 went in, it didn't have the special ammo icon when a teammate had it

What is QA anyway

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Hackan Slash posted:

They need to do something drastic, my possible ideas

doc can heal shields too
Bring back the shield while ressing but make it work like Newcastle
Doesn't need a banner to res
Ult can bring down a rez like a drop pod, maybe a basic loadout

The problem is that her abilities are supposed to help you when you're hosed but they're not nearly strong enough to do that

Maybe have her ult also respawn dead squadmates as well. Let it also spawn low tier weapons too (alternator, mozam, re45). Could create some cool late chaos situations where you're respawning teammates endgame...which is probably what they dont want but still.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
They need to completely overhaul her kit. Auto revive requires your teammate to be downed which already isn't great and also for them to be in a safe place. Making it so they can cancel the revive themself just showcases the volatility of the ability if someone would ever not want it to go through. DOC having unlimited healing and a wider radius is nice but it's also just boring number increases. Supply drop can be completely useless which isn't ever OK. Getting a Knockdown shield, a purple Sniper stock and a Medkit is not worth it even if you sometimes get Gold Armour or the proper level three Magazine upgrade. Making it function as a Drop Beacon or auto spawning a teammate is the same problem as Auto revive where you don't want you ability to only be useful for getting your teammate up or back in the fight.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
What is happening in unranked? Are all the ranked players playing unranked now? I'm not the greatest player, but it has been unfathomly difficult, usually dying upon landing. Down -27 in the last week.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Siroc posted:

What is happening in unranked? Are all the ranked players playing unranked now? I'm not the greatest player, but it has been unfathomly difficult, usually dying upon landing. Down -27 in the last week.

Rank is a big part of your SBMM and everyone's rank was just reset to a much lower level than usual. Also, it uses the MMR of the best player in the group so if you're playing with someone much better games will be harder.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
I can only speak for myself, but I usually played ranked near exclusively for the past handful of seasons and lately have been back in pubs and arenas. Ranked got a fair bit too grindy with the new points system, and between how ultra sweaty the lobbies were and having to play on that awful Storm Point map, I've just shelved it until the next split. Might be more sharks in the shallows.

Rank has absolutely no impact on SBMM *outside* of ranked AFAIK

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Sbmm outside of rank is loose but aggressive though, so it absolutely will start dumping you into diamond+ lobbies if you dare dome a team.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
The Gaming Merchant uploaded an interesting video about SBMM yesterday, including clips of interviews with Respawn really making it sound like putting players on a "rollercoaster" of too hard/too easy matches is their idea of good matchmaking as supported by statistical analysis. In the end we just don't know what's going on behind the curtains, though.

I also still REALLY don't understand why they need to lock maps away for months at a time. What's the logic in that? When I see Storm Point I just turn the game off to be honest.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Now that there's four (and soon five per the gigaleak) maps their logic might be that keeping all of the maps in rotation will get stale for players, because they only update one per season the rest will go a year or more with no changes

They used to only put the two most recently updated maps in rotation but they started expanding the rotation in recent seasons so who knows

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
You know what gets more stale than playing five different maps for three months? Playing two or three maps for three months...

Like I totally get what you're saying and it might very well be what they're thinking but I still think it's some bullshit.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

In hindsight maybe they should have gone with the Fortnite model of iterating on one map and occasionally nuking it and starting over

It's getting harder and harder for them to respond to issues with the map layouts, e.g. they missed their window to do something about Fragment in the S10 WE update and now it's going to be S14 or S15 before they get another chance

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
maybe they should start doing multiple map reworks per season

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

or that

stop making arena maps that nobody plays and pick up the pace on BR map updates

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
they should b e willing to try changes that roll out on multiple maps simultaneously, there's no reason why eg bunkers couldn't be also on world's edge if they wanted

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Five teams land at the fragment bunker, one team leaves, into the other 5 teams waiting for it to open.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

repiv posted:

or that

stop making arena maps that nobody plays and pick up the pace on BR map updates

Am I the only one that isn't surprised the Arena maps aren't just excerpts from the standard BR matches? Even if it's not a balanced geometry, just alternate spawn sides.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Jack B Nimble posted:

Am I the only one that isn't surprised the Arena maps aren't just excerpts from the standard BR matches? Even if it's not a balanced geometry, just alternate spawn sides.

That's exactly what most of the maps were at first before they had enough new ones.

I'm a bit sad there's still no King's Canyon themed Arenas map but they should stop making them and address more pressing issues.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

this was loving awful to play in fyi, arena plays much better with tighter geometry and narrower sight lines

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btl-vYT2YtM

life_source
May 11, 2008

Legged Octane.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
presumably this is before he blew them off getting the highscore on the titanfall 2 training sim with a grenade boost

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
There is a leak that says they are adjusting entry costs for all ranks. Nobody is in diamond/masters, so they want to spread it out more.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

err posted:

There is a leak that says they are adjusting entry costs for all ranks. Nobody is in diamond/masters, so they want to spread it out more.

Cool, I think that's the adjustment they need to make. The other changes seem good for enforcing the playstyle they want but entry costs are just a little too high.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I mostly picked Lifeline in the early days for her original passive but that's never coming back. Ultimate was always near useless apart from bait or using it for cover and that's only become worse since evo shields were made permanent.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
They should just bring back original Lifeline except also replace her Ultimate with something completely different. Fast heal is fine if only Lifeline can do it, the real issue was when that poo poo was tied to the gold backpack which gave you absolutely no heads up on whether people would be healed up faster or not when fighting them. If LL had fast heal and you fight her, you know she can fast heal, it's not rocket science. She's just weak and bad now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Instead of a care package she could call down a a terminal that is just a menu that you can use to upgrade your kit with. Boring but at least it's enhancing gear you already have.