Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its actually just where one of the two deadbolts fell out. theres another one farther down. this one never worked anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

awww :(

still sounds cool though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

its actually just where one of the two deadbolts fell out. theres another one farther down. this one never worked anyways

i used to break into my own house as a kid through a missing deadbolt hole like that, so watch out if your enemies have skinny children, or are skinny children

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

stahhhhhhp omg

i run a dual vesa arm for my work setup and this tempts me to have a third, just for Floating Oscilloscope

tag yourself, of course, the PBR and wallmount AR will probably be the first grabs but the insanely hosed up light switch is also pretty hot. act quickly

im the hand cheese beneath the doorknob

e: above and below the knob/bolt

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

ok ok lol yall

so my company contracts a fella to draw us as though we were archer characters for our slack profile and poo poo

irl:

cartoon 290:

lol i'm so high and smug. perfect.

lookin' good mang

nurrwick
Jul 5, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

neat! yeah this thing is like 25 lbs. the CRT shows signs of life but i can't get a trace at all... but i only played with it for a few minutes

Can't exactly be sure, but my best guess is back in the mainframe days the IBM techs would use it to diagnose and repair faulty circuit boards. The building it was stored in (since the 80s lol) has always had a big data center space. Building is redundant now and my employer is trying to sell it.

the IBM-labeled teks seem to have descended from the facts that tek used to make a bunch of special accessories for IBM, and then (i had to check which model) they also made the 453 pretty much specifically because IBM would buy it.

i have a 465 that i got with rollystand for $10 from my university's asset disposal that i got the manual for (and a 2336 i later sold on) and calibrated it and refurbed the lighting and whatever. i got the 465 to service the 319 i got on craigslist.

465 doing the classic Dumb Scope Trick

and back when the 319 was awaiting some filtering caps

i used the 465 mobile a couple of times, then the 2336 mobile a couple of times, and then I spent the $600 to get a surplus Rigol 2072 and while I love using a cro, gently caress carrying them.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

cartoon 290:

the guy is pretty good. nice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

also re: adhd brain, I didn’t realise it until uni since secondary was something I never had to study for and then uni brutally destroyed me

I only got the basic highschool leaving certificate, and it took me 3 years of loving around to do that. left high school and went to welding school. worked in a factory for 6 and a half years before going to uni

lol I had NO idea how to study. thank gently caress, maybe much like most of us here, I got by on natural ability and a cees get degrees attitude

now look at me lol, clown factor 17

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

exactly as I always know you to be

:D

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FMguru posted:

summer 2022 yospos moderator uniforms revealed:

(thats smythe on the left)

these dudes especially the one on the left look australian. idk what it is

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that sheen and beefy complexion

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

that sheen and beefy complexion
follow up to 'that mitchell & webb look' not sounding good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just thinking about how easy it would be to photoshop that image together. who would question it? astronomers?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"mars is meant to be over there" he said as the lack of people listening to him became robust

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

that is how you get insufferable ndt tweets. do you want insufferable ndt tweets!?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

echinopsis posted:

these dudes especially the one on the left look australian. idk what it is

guy on the right has the cop-in-small-outback-town look

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i love ronnie

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I've never been into wrasslin but it looks like a lot of fun in Japan:

https://twitter.com/Game_Over9891/status/1537766380308574209?s=20&t=C6RV1GWHiDNqUFJMI5R7Ug

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/cillic/status/1537791630819958786?s=20&t=rq6aky2zfOXGXtVGshdWXg

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

me but taking the trash to the dumpster

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I've never been into wrasslin but it looks like a lot of fun in Japan:

gosh, now is a great time to get into american wrestling (wwe is garbage)

there's a danish goth kickboxer spitty guy whos spit corrupts people, his most recent victim is a varsity cheerleader turned evil. it rules

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Jonny 290 posted:

i love ronnie

lmfao

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A game ...on an Apple computer!? :prepop:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
seems unlikely, op

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

This is my motto

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wth is a can of dog days

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it appears to be a "session ale", so presumably something with a low ABV so you can drink like 20 of them in an afternoon

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah session ales are like 3.5% ABV. all of the calories, two thirds the buzz

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This is my motto

I really love this sign

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it appears to be a "session ale", so presumably something with a low ABV so you can drink like 20 of them in an afternoon

all the session ales here still have 5% or so, and as much as I like drinking beer (I drank a solid 4.5 litres last friday night lol) I don’t like hangovers

now I just drink diet lift. it’s got 5% real lemon juice so it’s actually a health drink

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://twitter.com/cianmaher0/status/1537866789790568449?t=7Kb319HiLSmWU-OfS-lx4Q&s=19

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

echinopsis posted:

all the session ales here still have 5% or so, and as much as I like drinking beer (I drank a solid 4.5 litres last friday night lol) I don’t like hangovers

now I just drink diet lift. it’s got 5% real lemon juice so it’s actually a health drink

i cant drink enough to get super hosed up any more because the hangovers are increasingly brutal as i age :smith:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

same. perhaps on account of drinking litres of beer several times a week for over a decade, i can no longer drink litres of beer unless i want a hangover that lasts multiple days

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no pain no gain

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I am a total sucker for really small dishes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

no pain no gain

yeah, it turns out my body can no longer shrug off drinking my weekly recommended caloric intake several nights a week either

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

same. perhaps on account of drinking litres of beer several times a week for over a decade, i can no longer drink litres of beer unless i want a hangover that lasts multiple days

yup, poo poo really sucks, i'm jealous of the people that just get a headache or whatever

it gets loving debilitating too, like i get all shaky and people that know me well say they can tell because i apparently even act differently. in college i could polish off a fifth of whiskey and be just fine the next day

sometimes i miss it, but meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

old timer problems