Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Red XIII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

neurotech posted:

Okay. I got it, time to start. English or Japanese voices?

Definitely English.

e: Extremely late.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 18, 2022

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
FFVII: Republic. It is going to be a city management game.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

CottonWolf posted:

Definitely English.

e: Extremely late.

Animes always in Japanese.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

adhuin posted:

Secret Star Wars tie in.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

FFVII Remake Intergrade on Steam kind of struggles with cutscenes, transitions between cutscenes and gameplay, and gameplay with lots of enemies. It's not as bad as with Stranger of Paradise but it's getting there sometimes. As with SoP it sometimes suddenly gets better. Otherwise it's totally fine.

Is there a fix? Cursory Google suggests trying DX11 mode.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Redemption?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Two years ago I was certain it’d be Remake, Rebirth, Reunion but now they’ve used Reunion on Crisis Core so I have no idea what the third game will be called now.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

FFVII: Revengeance

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Final Fantasy VII Recreational Hallucinogenics

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Harrow posted:

Two years ago I was certain it’d be Remake, Rebirth, Reunion but now they’ve used Reunion on Crisis Core so I have no idea what the third game will be called now.

Redemption

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Resurrection

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Rerelease

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

My bet is on "Return"

It IS going to theoretically contain the bit where they return to Midgar in the endgame, after all

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Asterite34 posted:

My bet is on "Return"

It IS going to theoretically contain the bit where they return to Midgar in the endgame, after all

Also “Return”ing to the Planet. I like this one the best.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

JENOVA CELLS SON!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

adhuin posted:

Animes always in Japanese.

This

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

Cursory Google suggests trying DX11 mode.

Updated GPU driver and switched to DX11. This was an improvement at the loss of HDR. Switched to DXVK which turns DX11 into Vulcan, and has some kind of asynchronous shader caching going on. This greatly reduced the stutters I had going around gameplay-cutscene transitions. 120 fps now seem better than 60 was stock, a fair trade-off for the HDR. I have only been on it for so long, so I'll post again if my opinion changes.

From Nexus Mods:

quote:

STEP 1:
Make your game run in DX11 mode:
1) add "-dx11" in your epic store launch options for the game Steam game Properties Launch options.

STEP 2:
Add DXVK async
1) Go to : DXVK async github
2) Download the dxvk-async-1.9.3.tar.gz file
3) You need to copy the files d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll from x64 folder into Final Fantasy VII Remake -> End -> Binaries -> Win64
4) Run the game!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

There's already some chatter online about the use of 'Rebirth' for this game, as the discussion around the Japanese pronunciation talks about how 'Reverse' might also have some significance in the storyline.

That, plus how many interpretations 'Remake' had in the first game, suggests whatever gets used as the title of the third game is also gonna have several layers of meaning.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

anakha posted:

There's already some chatter online about the use of 'Rebirth' for this game, as the discussion around the Japanese pronunciation talks about how 'Reverse' might also have some significance in the storyline.

That, plus how many interpretations 'Remake' had in the first game, suggests whatever gets used as the title of the third game is also gonna have several layers of meaning.

Understood, I will now expect Aerith to execute a beautiful last-second dodge, disarm Sephiroth, and impale him on his own sword while an announcer voice yells "REVERSAL!"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

look, I'm sure the Japanese VA is really good... but the English VA might be one of the best localizations I've seen in videogames

please choose English

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
English Barret is a treasure.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Moola posted:

look, I'm sure the Japanese VA is really good... but the English VA might be one of the best localizations I've seen in videogames

please choose English

No

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I immediately understood Barret when an earlier comment on this thread compared his early-game dialogue to an 80s professional wrestler cutting a promo.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Barret is my favorite character in the remake, he's so good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I meant the guy asking what to choose

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The English VA is fine, and I say that as someone who usually just chooses Japanese with subs within 5 minutes of starting any game with the option because they’ve usually cast some terrible rear end anime dub actors and everything sounds cheesy and horrific.

It’s probably just as cheesy and bad in Japanese but if I don’t understand it then I don’t have to get past it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
the english VA isnt cheesey and bad though

you're describing Stranger of Paradise or Revengeance (both awesome games I love)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

adhuin posted:

I would play Sim Midgar.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

This, give me a Wild West duel with smugphiroth.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Harrow posted:

Understood, I will now expect Aerith to execute a beautiful last-second dodge, disarm Sephiroth, and impale him on his own sword while an announcer voice yells "REVERSAL!"

FF7 ROYAL GUARD

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Moola posted:

Yeah I know, that’s what my post says.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Moola posted:

you're describing Stranger of Paradise or Revengeance (both awesome games I love)

How is the VA in Revengance cheesy or bad? It matches the story, tone and cutscene direction perfectly.

I feel almost the same way about FFVIIR, but with so many minor NPCs there’s always going to be a few that could have been done better.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
If I had to pick the most quotable lines from Revengeance this post would be several pages long.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
My only quibble with 7R is that some of the NPCs look like they came from a free stock model library. Next to the highly stylized main cast, they definitely stand out.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That loving Sned posted:

How is the VA in Revengance cheesy or bad? It matches the story, tone and cutscene direction perfectly.

It's cheesy and good. As is most Japanese anime VA.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

HD DAD posted:

My only quibble with 7R is that some of the NPCs look like they came from a free stock model library. Next to the highly stylized main cast, they definitely stand out.

SE need an AI-powered NPC generator trained on Nomura’s art style. Just a whole city filled with gravity-defying hair, asymmetrical clothing and some guy with a jockstrap on his face.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

stev posted:

It's cheesy and good. As is most Japanese anime VA.

yeah its not bad

it is cheesey and INSANE though

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

WaltherFeng posted:

If I had to pick the most quotable lines from Revengeance this post would be several pages long.

Now I want cutscene with Heidegger yelling 'Like the good ol' days after Sector Seven!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FF7R's dub is also cheesy as poo poo and that's good because the best dubs are cheesy and insane.

James Horan just dropping Skull Face-rear end lines.