Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Vintersorg posted:

save energy and melt away

gently caress that. 73 or 74

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i just listened to a podcast that interviewed a sleepologist and he said 68 degrees is the good sleep temperature

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Corla Plankun posted:

i just listened to a podcast that interviewed a sleepologist and he said 68 degrees is the good sleep temperature

68 degrees with a big heavy blanket :hmmyes:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I've got an eiderdown comforter and it rules. Keeps you warm in the winter and it's not too hot in the summer. 99% of the year it's always at a comfortable uniform temperature, there's maybe a few days in August when it's too hot.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bump_fn posted:

it’s a joke jfc

it's real

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

cjs: threw two cereal bars in my bag on the way out the door. went to grab them and there were three. just went into my bag for my pen and there's two more

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Zamujasa posted:

more like 68 during night. 70 during the day

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

yeah, what this guy said

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ended up taking today off work because i had wicked bad insomnia from my meds and the heat

will also probably be taking the rest of the week off because there's a rail strike so i physically cannot go to work

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

not crossing the picket. you're good, hbag

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Cat Face Joe posted:

cjs: threw two cereal bars in my bag on the way out the door. went to grab them and there were three. just went into my bag for my pen and there's two more

Oh poo poo RUN

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

akadajet posted:

more like 68 during night. 70 during the day

i'm in vegas and our apartment's lovely a/c unit struggles to keep it below 80 during the day, i'll take what i can get

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

dioxazine posted:

not crossing the picket. you're good, hbag

that's part of it but also there are literally no trains running

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1538340465384099841

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hbag posted:

ended up taking today off work because i had wicked bad insomnia from my meds and the heat

will also probably be taking the rest of the week off because there's a rail strike so i physically cannot go to work

I guess there _are_ benefits to public transportation after-all.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Zamujasa posted:

i'm in vegas and our apartment's lovely a/c unit struggles to keep it below 80 during the day, i'll take what i can get

condolences on both counts

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Zamujasa posted:

that's what you get for staying at the luxor

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

akadajet posted:

that's what you get for staying at the luxor

it was father's day, not mummy's day

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: most of my customers are off today so I have to make up work to fill my timecard and this kinda sucks more than doing actual work

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I didn't realize until yesterday that I had today off so it was a nice surprise to find out.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

it's nice having a job because i don't have to feel bad spending money on dumb poo poo because it's MY money and i can do what i want with it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

cjs: losing students quick during my (i think) extremely fun summer course. but it has been literally three weeks of fantastic summer weather in a place rarely blessed with such. choosing a very optimistic viewpoint on the overall quality. both of the course and the time the students are having.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hbag posted:

it's nice having a job because i don't have to feel bad spending money on dumb poo poo because it's MY money and i can do what i want with it

hell yeah, enjoy yourself

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

it's MY money and i need it NOW

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im going to buy a cheeseburger

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Corla Plankun posted:

i believe the clinical term for this is "duh"

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Hbag was like 8 years old when that ad aired.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

this is the correct temperature and I will not hear otherwise

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Hbag was like 8 years old when that ad aired.

that slogan is a lot older than the opera commercial. jg wentworth has had ads on tv since the early 90s many of which had that phrase.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
If it wasn't for my partner and my turtle, I probably wouldn't ever run climate control. Just bundle/unbundle as needed.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

this is the correct temperature and I will not hear otherwise

i can barely handle 30, 73 and 74 would kill me!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Mr. Nice! posted:

that slogan is a lot older than the opera commercial. jg wentworth has had ads on tv since the early 90s many of which had that phrase.

Probably none of them aired near hbag, though, so my juxtaposition was still quite dumb :)

Edit: and thus funny

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

huh well okay
you know how my minifridge shat itself and died a couple months back

i got bored and just plugged it in again and... it's working again? i have literally not touched this thing how is it working

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hbag posted:

huh well okay
you know how my minifridge shat itself and died a couple months back

no, but

quote:

i got bored and just plugged it in again and... it's working again? i have literally not touched this thing how is it working

I had a mini fridge that would run fine when you first plugged it in, but as soon as it got down to temp it would shut off and never turn on again until it was unplugged and plugged back in

the solution was to put it on a timer

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i mean THIS fridge switches off when it reaches its target temperature, yeah, but i mean the problem with it was you'd plug it in, it'd flick on for a half-second, then off, then on again, over and over, which made me think it was an electrical fault
someone said it might be hair stopping the fan and that causing it to not work, so i cleaned the fan, that didn't fix it either, so i just chalked it up to the minifridge being cheap and bad and left it unplugged

now i went back and plugged it in while i was waiting for my pc to boot and suddenly it works fine

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I dont actually care, I was just using the space to tell an anecdote about a thing from my own life

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

everyone post the mini fridge anecdotes

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Speak for yourself, I have been waiting for an hfridge update for months now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hbag posted:

enjoy it while it lasts haha :)

then the bills come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The Fool posted:

everyone post the mini fridge anecdotes

in 2020, when everyone was sent home, facilities stole our minifridge and gave it to marketing despite no one going to the office aside from the tech department rotating once a month or so to make sure that the hardware didn't go tits up

we never got it back and i will never forgive them for that