Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
That seems a lot less than expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

We are in the Deal Zone

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Portland got their guy but if that pick is unprotected it might turn out pretty nice.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im ok with this

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1539692338141974528?s=20&t=7SeSAzmw7YhCAYASnk3PLQ

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lockback posted:

Portland got their guy but if that pick is unprotected it might turn out pretty nice.

It's protected

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1539729844870733825

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Will not be shocked at all if Detroit throws an offer sheet at Mile Bridges

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Troy better go out and get a big name with that cap space.

That trade return was pretty lackluster, all things considered.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: wow what a bad return for a guy Pistons twitter and reddit was insisting had a ton of value and not worth including in a trade up to #4

although I guess money off the books

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I hate protected picks. Either just trade the fuckin thing or don't.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Detroit better be planning on maxing Ayton

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Portland thinks they are gonna be back to the level they were prior to this season so as long as there are some protections that can be fine.

E there were.

Although 2024 lines up to the point all the super max contacts have gone stale and Dame doesn’t look like he will make it that far, so thinking about it they may end up be trading the #5 pick for Grant who probably won’t be on the team still by then.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 22, 2022

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

eww https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1539729598816083969

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Undrafted guys making it always rules.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I've underestimated them before but I don't see Portland making the top 6 in the West next year.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
lmao I've literally heard for a whole year on how Jerami Grant is the best trade piece available ever and he's gone for a loving future future pick.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Undrafted guys making it always rules.

hell yeah it does

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1539700034492661760?s=20&t=TdltpiOs22UJz9fyihwOMw

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lockback posted:

Unless you’ve got some intel about Giannis’s medicals I don’t think protections are the thing depressing that pick’s value

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tae posted:

lmao I've literally heard for a whole year on how Jerami Grant is the best trade piece available ever and he's gone for a loving future future pick.

pistons fans were insistent that Grant wasn't going to be included in a trade up to #4. I get they want $$$ for Ayton but this is basically a salary dump

Also Monte better be drat sure he can get Collins because there were all of 2 possible 4s that fit next to Sabonis on the market

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Excited for Detroit to end up taking on Hayward after they strike out on their big swing for Ayton

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I pretty sure they can offer sheet both Ayton and Miles now if they want to

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm in the dealzone

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

morestuff posted:

I pretty sure they can offer sheet both Ayton and Miles now if they want to

Cade Bridges and Ayton would be a fairly sick core. Cade Sexton and Looney feels like a more realistic outcome unfortunately

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

xbilkis posted:

Cade Bridges and Ayton would be a fairly sick core. Cade Sexton and Looney feels like a more realistic outcome unfortunately

I wold be terrified at the thought of maxing Ayton without CP3 around but I can't criticize teams for making big moves with young players

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

jackofarcades posted:

That seems a lot less than expected.

I feel like they were offered a lot more than that at the deadline

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
What the gently caress, why would we trade Grant for basically nothing? Are we banking on a Giannis injury that one season (but not ENOUGH of one to drop them to the lottery)...?

jesus christ

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Who outside of Portland wanted to actually extend/resign Grant? Seems like everyone else just saw him as a rental. Renting him for 2 playoffs probably demanded more than 1 playoff.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Tae posted:

I think people are undervaluing the trade exception part. Practically no teams would be able to take on Grant without sending back salary.

If their goal was just to get the best return, it's not a great deal. But it seems like they valued the cap space way more which is harder to come by.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Weird to see Portland apparently "winning" a trade

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Cade + Ayton sounds fun.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Calidus posted:

Who outside of Portland wanted to actually extend/resign Grant? Seems like everyone else just saw him as a rental. Renting him for 2 playoffs probably demanded more than 1 playoff.

Sacramento should have been interested given their timeline and the need to find something to put next to Sabonis that isn't starting Trey Lyles. Now Monte has to hope he has Collins in the bag (not the defender we need but does the other stuff we need) or take Murray at #4 and get laughed at for wasting value

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Niwrad posted:

I think people are undervaluing the trade exception part. Practically no teams would be able to take on Grant without sending back salary.

If their goal was just to get the best return, it's not a great deal. But it seems like they valued the cap space way more which is harder to come by.

*IF* they land Ayton then it would be more helpful to think of it as some kind of 3 way trade that boils down to Grant for Ayton, which sounds much less bad

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Now Monte has to hope he has Collins in the bag (not the defender we need but does the other stuff we need) or take Murray at #4 and get laughed at.
Well I think you know and I know which one of the two's going to happen then.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Crazy Ted posted:

Well I think you know and I know which one of the two's going to happen then.

I'm 100% ready for it and have been saying it since lotto drawing day but it'll still sting.

I mean I guess if they had drafted at #8 like planned they wouldn't have gotten Murray but it still sucks because we aren't a Keegan Murray away from making the play-in

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Now that the doors to The Motherfuckin’ Deal Zone™ have been blown wide open, the next 24 hours will become increasingly more and more hilarious as we approach the draft.

I want to see something silly happen. Like KD gets traded to *randomly points at a team logo while blindfolded*…..the Grizzlies.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Calidus posted:

Cade + Ayton sounds fun.

Cade can bang down low for Ayton!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol at the idea of Heat Culture + Kyrie

quote:

[Stein] There are credible rumblings in circulation that Irving, for starters, has indeed had some recent contact with Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James to presumably discuss a potential reunion in Hollywood… Miami is believed to have some level of interest in joining the chase for Irving.

Jimmy Butler: "Kyrie we are working out at 2 in the morning get your rear end down here"
Kyrie: "What is time but an artificial construct by man to impose order and structure on the chaotic nature of this universe"

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 22, 2022

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

god please do not bring kyrie to miami, jesus loving christ pat riley you old sack of poo poo and bones what the gently caress

e: now that i've allowed my initial negative emotions to pass in a healthy way; seriously what the gently caress, don't do that idiot. Jimmy doesn't have many years left. Jimmy can't do this poo poo with Kyrie there

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

lol at the idea of Heat Culture + Kyrie
why

why so much continued interest for a player who's perennially available for about 50 games a season and is frequently injured during the playoffs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jimmy: "I'm ridiculously locked in"
Kyrie: "How can one be locked in, in this ever changing world of chaos and shifting emotional states. Perhaps the real locked in ones are the ones that surrender to the uncontrollable and accept that they have no weight on the musings of gods"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

So Middleton is a UFA in 2024 and holiday will be 35 in 2025. That isn’t the worst pick to have.