Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thinking about MJ hiring Jim Boylen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

morestuff posted:

Now if NBA Paint can just get banned for some reason

what the...

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Crazy Ted posted:

Here's the problem: So all Ayton wants out of pro basketball is a big-bucks 2nd contract. Okay, so Phoenix gives it to him and then tries to justify it by featuring him in the offense more. Now that he's got the one thing he wanted out of the NBA what are the odds that he gets even marginally better? And would making him a featured option on offense just make him look worse?

I think Rick already covered this well but since you were responding to me, I don’t think he’s going to just stop trying to get better. He has continued to develop his game every season. And tbh I think making him the number two option rather than three or four depending on the night would benefit the team in the long run. He’s really good already! But he rubs our coach and gm the wrong way. Woj just put it out there that the Suns are actively pursuing a sign and trade now so I think it’s just a matter of them finding the best deal.

It’s a shame because I get where Ayton is coming from, he took a back seat when CP3 came in. He didn’t want his value to tank. But for every good thing he does (good defender, good shooter, good finisher at the rim, good in the pick and roll, developed a nice hook shot, can shoot from deep even though he hasn’t needed to) there’s issues that have not changed at all (lack of motivation, ped suspension, not willing to bang down low, plays too much 2K).

He will be putting up some great empty stats wherever he ends up.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

morestuff posted:

:dafuq:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

quoting to reiterate this

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

verbal enema posted:

quoting to reiterate this

I don't draw some overwhelming joy from the account, but it's literally the most innocuous thing on the internet and it makes a lot of people happy instead of mad.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I think Rick already covered this well but since you were responding to me, I don’t think he’s going to just stop trying to get better. He has continued to develop his game every season. And tbh I think making him the number two option rather than three or four depending on the night would benefit the team in the long run. He’s really good already! But he rubs our coach and gm the wrong way. Woj just put it out there that the Suns are actively pursuing a sign and trade now so I think it’s just a matter of them finding the best deal.

It’s a shame because I get where Ayton is coming from, he took a back seat when CP3 came in. He didn’t want his value to tank. But for every good thing he does (good defender, good shooter, good finisher at the rim, good in the pick and roll, developed a nice hook shot, can shoot from deep even though he hasn’t needed to) there’s issues that have not changed at all (lack of motivation, ped suspension, not willing to bang down low, plays too much 2K).

He will be putting up some great empty stats wherever he ends up.

One thing (among others) you and I and Monty can agree on is Ayton seems Dwight/Luca levels of patience-trying to be around.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
its a good account that gave us Ferret Allen which then had Jarret Allen trying to paint Ferret Allen

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Rick posted:

One thing (among others) you and I and Monty can agree on is Ayton seems Dwight/Luca levels of patience-trying to be around.

I remember prior to the draft I picked up a copy of Slam that had interviews with Ayton and Luca and the Ayton interview was the most excruciating poo poo I have ever read. He straight up compares himself to Dwight Howard if I remember correctly and also says he has different personalities with different names. One of them is a goofy joker. Right then was when I knew. He just didn’t have that DOG in him. Just a bunch of head mates

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lol. I found it and it’s maybe not as bad as I made it sound but it IS the first paragraph of the drat interview.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/deandre-ayton-slam-cover/

DeAndre Ayton is introducing me to three of his best friends. First there’s Josh. Josh’s voice is that of a generic white dude and he makes appearances when DeAndre is forced to do interviews. Josh has one purpose in life: to help the world see how fabulous a guy DeAndre is.

So there’s Josh, and then there’s Eric, whose voice, not surprisingly, is nearly identical to Josh’s. Eric is new and DeAndre is still trying to carve out his character. At the moment, it boils down to a collection of hobbies—like playing NBA2K and Fortnite, lots and lots of Fortnite—which, coincidentally, DeAndre happens to share.

So there’s Josh and Eric. And then there’s Alejandro. Alejandro is DeAndre’s favorite of the trio. He’s been around the longest and appears most frequently. “If I don’t want to do something I have to, I’ll just make fun of it,” Ayton says. Certain questions “bring out Alejandro.” This, Ayton proudly adds, often “shocks” whomever he is speaking to. I ask Ayton if he has an example he can share. He does. Over the past year, he says, Alejandro would often come out if and when Ayton attended a University of Arizona frat party.

“I didn’t want to talk to anyone and so I told everyone my name is Alejandro. I said”—and here Ayton’s voice shifts into a not-so-great impersonation of a Latino accent—“Who’s DeAndre? My name is Alejandro. Where are you getting this DeAndre kid from?”

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

I remember prior to the draft I picked up a copy of Slam that had interviews with Ayton and Luca and the Ayton interview was the most excruciating poo poo I have ever read. He straight up compares himself to Dwight Howard if I remember correctly and also says he has different personalities with different names. One of them is a goofy joker. Right then was when I knew. He just didn’t have that DOG in him. Just a bunch of head mates

Most 18/19 year olds are insufferable to be around.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
He was just ahead of his time. That would be worth a million TikTok followers now.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

morestuff posted:

Is it possible you mean Stat Muse where they also post drawings and used to have interesting things but now the images are attached to just the worst loving takes for hate clout?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Mikal is wearing his KDs at javales charity baseball game and I really really hope we don’t trade him.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

It's Robert Williams, like easily, by far

They got that dude on a 4 year 54 million dollar contract.

lol yeah, it owns

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

morestuff posted:

Not to be confused with In The Paint: Tattoos of the NBA, a coffee table book I proudly own.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Mikal is wearing his KDs at javales charity baseball game and I really really hope we don’t trade him.

On the bright side, Chris Paul picked up an MVP award this year.

https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/1539813633315590145

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Have you ever talked to a teenager?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Yeah, to be honest, if Monty Williams has a problem with you, I'm worried.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I know that when I was 23 my focus was squarely on being the best version of myself, spending every day wisely, and pushing myself to the limits on all fronts. Sometimes I ask myself if having millions of dollars handed to me upon reaching adulthood would have altered the trajectory of my emotional and social maturation, but nah

E: alternate version: he's 23 and averaged 17/10, I don't think he's close to peak and he'll get his poo poo together once he gets married and/or becomes a father. I get Phoenix's perspective/position but think their loss will be someone's massive gain

rivetz fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jun 23, 2022

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has there been any news on Gobert?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
He’s still French

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Still rhymes with Yogurt.

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Not to be confused with In The Paint: Tattoos of the NBA, a coffee table book I proudly own.

Can we get a few pics of your faves

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It was cool when the Sixers had Bridges for 5 minutes

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

[Windhorst] On LeBron's upcoming extension: "This is something no one is taking about, but is a big thing that could impact next season if he doesn't extend. He plays out the year with the Lakers and tries to make the best of it and we start counting the Cleveland Cavaliers cap space"

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
LeBron joins team win title. LeBron leaves team, team sucks get good draft picks and develops players. LeBron joins team again.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Big trades

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1540014173450543112?s=21&t=V1T8hHk_oXOwr2FxcNzqKQ

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

[Windhorst] On LeBron's upcoming extension: "This is something no one is taking about, but is a big thing that could impact next season if he doesn't extend. He plays out the year with the Lakers and tries to make the best of it and we start counting the Cleveland Cavaliers cap space"

Isn’t it LeBron’s plan to not extend so he can join whichever team drafts Bronny?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Isn’t it LeBron’s plan to not extend so he can join whichever team drafts Bronny?

Bronny isn’t eligible until the 2024 draft. So there is a gap year in 23.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: wow what a bad return for a guy Pistons twitter and reddit was insisting had a ton of value and not worth including in a trade up to #4

although I guess money off the books

Remember what i was saying, Grant was out for a couple weeks the Pistons won almost every game. That was not too far away from the trade deadline. I think that was the final nail in his asset value coffin. He’s just not a player he wishes he was. He’s a fifth guy on a good team and a third guy on a bad team

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

Remember what i was saying, Grant was out for a couple weeks the Pistons won almost every game. That was not too far away from the trade deadline. I think that was the final nail in his asset value coffin. He’s just not a player he wishes he was. He’s a fifth guy on a good team and a third guy on a bad team

The Pistons beat guy at the Athletic said this was the best offer that’s materialized in two years but obviously he could just be carrying water

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Jerami taken for Granted

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Willzilla posted:

Can we get a few pics of your faves

You absolutely can!

e: Sharing my other favorite sports book, a collection of found poetry composed entirely of players' press statements.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

The Pistons beat guy at the Athletic said this was the best offer that’s materialized in two years but obviously he could just be carrying water

Yeah i dont always believe james Edward’s stuff

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

It would be weird if Pistons fans thought Grant had good value if their beat guys didn’t imply that at least

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Lakers need cheap young bodies

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1540029296286519296?s=21&t=V1T8hHk_oXOwr2FxcNzqKQ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You absolutely can!

e: Sharing my other favorite sports book, a collection of found poetry composed entirely of players' press statements.

is the dejonte murray Mean Ball tat in that book

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

is the dejonte murray Mean Ball tat in that book

Published in 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004