Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I love crawfish but, like wings, they’re more work than they’re worth and they’re almost always absurdly priced.

crawfish aren't that much work really and are well worth it

and wings aren't really any work at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Intruder posted:

crawfish aren't that much work really and are well worth it

and wings aren't really any work at all?

Look I didn't properly learn to split the wings until my 20s so maybe that's their thing.

Though crawfish and wings are both basically impossible to do with my kids around, neither are much work compared to the crab nonsense people put up with here (for delicious crab).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the angels were 10 games over .500 a month ago

if the mariners win tomorrow the angels will drop to 4th in the worst division in baseball

MJBuddy posted:

Look I didn't properly learn to split the wings until my 20s so maybe that's their thing.

Though crawfish and wings are both basically impossible to do with my kids around, neither are much work compared to the crab nonsense people put up with here (for delicious crab).

Most people don't know how to get the meat out of a crawfish it seems like. It's not that hard. Wiggle the tail to remove it, remove the first two links of shell, then squeeze at the end of the tail and the meat pops right out

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 25, 2022

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Intruder posted:

if the mariners win tomorrow the angels will drop to 4th in the worst division in baseball

Losing 20 in a row will do that.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
This Freddie Freeman stuff by the fanbase is pretty cool, I'm buying in to the publicity.

*shrugs*

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Intruder posted:

Most people don't know how to get the meat out of a crawfish it seems like. It's not that hard. Wiggle the tail to remove it, remove the first two links of shell, then squeeze at the end of the tail and the meat pops right out

It's so upsetting that my wife peels like 5x faster than I do, but once at an all you can eat festival/competition we took advantage of it and I just kept running pounds and pounds back to her while she peeled like a machine and we'd split the bounty.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Intruder posted:

They should have never fired let Mike Scioscia retire

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
https://twitter.com/DKramer_/status/1540571560888610817?s=20&t=LivrgsvmeYQxvT02naNoXA

Hopefully that’s a 2-3 week timetable for France. I think the Mariners can weather that if Winker and Suarez keep hitting, but not too much more.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Every time I'd go to a Mariners game I'd enjoy some garlic fries then go to the international district for a meal.

Highly recommend.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The best garlic fries I've eaten at a park were at Pac Bell way back in like 2003. Just keep cramming them into my mouth until I literally start sweating garlic. :circlefap:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

That’s like so many steps though man

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
All this talk about ballpark food is making me jealous. All I can find at Rogers Centre is Pizza Pizza and Timmies. Is there anything great to heat at the Toronto ballpark?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The kosher hot dogs are good hot dogs otherwise no

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/markappel26/status/1540678333301522434?t=_0k7JnqgwnnHD8lAFB88gg&s=19

drat, didn't know he was making (and succeeding!) at a comeback.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao literally winced and said oooh out loud when I saw who the Cubs were throwing out there today.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Lmao literally winced and said oooh out loud when I saw who the Cubs were throwing out there today.

I haven't looked but is it Mark Leiter Jr?

Edit: Adrian Sampson??

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
he'll blank the cards just like hendricks did

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The best garlic fries I've eaten at a park were at Pac Bell way back in like 2003. Just keep cramming them into my mouth until I literally start sweating garlic. :circlefap:
I was there in 2002 but the lines for those fries were like around the concourse so I didn't get a chance to try them

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I choose to believe Sampson's 5.2 IP is a significant sample size

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Popete posted:

As a pescatarian I've found most ball park food to be pretty sub par. If you don't eat meat the options are basically fries.

My wife is pescatarian and has become an expert on the cheese pizza offerings at big league parks.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

more falafel please posted:

My wife is pescatarian and has become an expert on the cheese pizza offerings at big league parks.

Cheese pizza, basic nachos, and hopefully veggie dogs are pretty much what I eat at ballparks. Veggie dogs are 50/50 whether they’ll suck or not. Wrigley’s veggie dogs blow and cost like twice as much of a regular dog. I remember hanging a good veggie dog in Cincinnati way back when.

Usually I just try to eat before I get to the park and then I just eat a pretzel or something.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lol @ yankee hitting in this series.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Some LA radio guys were giving Freeman a hard time the other day for visiting with the Braves so much (when they were at Dodger Stadium earlier this year and again now). Anyone who has ever left a good job knows that you like hanging out with your former coworkers when you get the chance. There’s very obviously a special bond between him and Atlanta and it doesn’t mean that he puts in any less effort with his current club. Same goes for Mookie and Boston.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It’s a really dumbass old baseball idea. Michael Kay is always complaining about players spending time with players on the opposing team or goofing around with them during the game. It’s dumb as hell and would be easy to just go “boomer” on but really I think it comes down to fans who have a deeply unhealthy attachment to their teams getting mad when the players don’t have the same.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm now having to admit that I watched the movie but it reminds me of fever pitch where the sox fans were losing their poo poo over being down 0-3 and they see Johnny Damon just calmly eating dinner and can't understand why

also the movie sucked

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. That’s another aspect of it. When a player can handle a loss or a slump or something and fans who can’t freak the gently caress out about it. “It’s like they don’t care!?!?!”

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

That's cool! Now I'm wondering where Brady Aiken is....

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

While I do genuinely love a raw, nasty heated rivalry in sports there’s something awesome about being able to bullshit with the other team, share some laughs, and then do everything in your power to send them home with the L. There’s an appeal with both things for sure.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm glad players don't take poo poo too seriously so we get to see things like Rizzo screaming "Frederick!" while chasing Freeman

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

It's the dumbest poo poo possible. Would you not try your hardest to dunk your best friends in smash bros? Lmao what weirdos

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Going back to last week or so, Paredes has now hit 10 dingers in his last 25 games including a 3-homer day :stare:

He’s OPSing .800 with a .210 average and a BABIP in the .150s. I guess, uh, a change of scenery and coaching works out for some guys better than others.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1540794041163554818

Houston is awful but you love to see it :allears:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

both combined no hitters. the first one had kirk saarloos which I only remember because of the inexplicable time I saw someone wearing a saarloos jersey at a game 5 years after he last pitched for the astros

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Yankees should take a hard look at their roster after these last 3 games and make the offensive improvements they will need to win the world series. It's actually good that they are getting a wakeup call here.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Donaldson was such a bad trade. I hate watching him more than Gallo. It also doesnt help that he’s a piece of poo poo person, too.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Yankees have the best offense in baseball but that's not gonna stop the doomposting after 3 games against one of the best pitching staffs in baseball

ihatepants posted:

Donaldson was such a bad trade. I hate watching him more than Gallo. It also doesnt help that he’s a piece of poo poo person, too.

Yeah gently caress Donaldson. I don't mean you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ihatepants posted:

He’s been awful.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The worst Yankee fans screaming combined with the worst Astros fans and Yankee haters crowing is gonna make for a fun rest of the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Some credit to the Houston baseball club, they aren't scared to go to the bronx and just punch a team in the face