Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

our sprinklers are set to go off tuesday and friday

they went off this morning at 6am, while backyard camping

i checked the timer, which had the date wrong. it thought that today was the 29th, which is wednesday

still not sure wtf but it's set correctly now at least

we had the rain fly on so it was like a brief and sudden rain shower. it owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

The Fool posted:

c weekend hobby s:

two things I discovered this weekend

1. the pre-built container of emulatorjs I was trying to set up uses ipfs to distribute frontend assets
2. ipfs causes my cable modem to reboot

I haven't decided how much effort I want to put in to solving these issues yet

god, I love the concept of ipfs, but the realities are just painful.

a while back I tried playing with a package repository published to it. unsurprisingly with nothing pinned locally it was slow as gently caress, so I pin the full repository to a node local to my network only to find it *still* slow as gently caress. even when directly accessing ipfs via loopback on the node with all the pinned data.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

our sprinklers are set to go off tuesday and friday

they went off this morning at 6am, while backyard camping

i checked the timer, which had the date wrong. it thought that today was the 29th, which is wednesday

still not sure wtf but it's set correctly now at least

we had the rain fly on so it was like a brief and sudden rain shower. it owned.

I’m surprised watering your lawn in socal is even vaguely legal for plebs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

socal ...plebs

???

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’m surprised watering your lawn in socal is even vaguely legal for plebs

It's limited to a single specific day per week in most places now. I have to go turn off the sprinkler system every time the landlords randomly show up and turn it on.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs: the company obviously forgot to order my new laptop so i'm stuck with this piece of poo poo for an extra 2 weeks :mad:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Truman Peyote posted:

cjs: the company obviously forgot to order my new laptop so i'm stuck with this piece of poo poo for an extra 2 weeks :mad:

That's also what your laptop said :xd:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Fortaleza posted:

Never catch me napping

this violates the NAP

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

who the gently caress rents movies these days

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

your parents

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"ugh dad i told you, you don't have to loving rent movies! Just open up vlc, go to file -> open network location, type in http://maui-yaoi.local/The.Mask.720p.[AxxO]{WrEcKiNg:CrEW}.FRA(eng subs).ogg"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hbag posted:

who the gently caress rents movies these days

i've been renting one james bond movie a week from amazon, and i'm enjoying it quite a lot

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I've been `renting lots of movies these days

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
yeah like half the movies I want to see aren’t on streaming anywhere except rental

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

"ugh dad i told you, you don't have to loving rent movies! Just open up vlc, go to file -> open network location, type in http://maui-yaoi.local/The.Mask.720p.[AxxO]{WrEcKiNg:CrEW}.FRA(eng subs).ogg"

no its more like "just open plex and stream it"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

CPColin posted:

I've been `renting lots of movies these days

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

CPColin posted:

cjs: Gleefully watching the incident channel in Slack as an issue I have no control over takes down all the applications I do have control over

Update: It was DNS

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

CPColin posted:

:monocle:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao at maui yaoi

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: oh god im so in over my head people actually want me to be an expert in things its been one week :smithicide:

edit: at least not being able to run poo poo locally is because they never set docker up to be able to run on apple silicon guess its time to sit back till that gets merged

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

cjs: oh god im so in over my head people actually want me to be an expert in things its been one week :smithicide:

edit: at least not being able to run poo poo locally is because they never set docker up to be able to run on apple silicon guess its time to sit back till that gets merged

fuckin apple silicon man. i'm on week 3 and got tasked with setting up a standardized local dev env. went the bog standard vagrant/virtualbox route (no docker because we need to develop against init and docker introduces too many hoops to jump through for that task)

turns out one dude on the team has apple silicon and virtualbox on apple silicon just isn't a thing.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

CPColin posted:

there's a haiku for this

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

outhole surfer fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 10, 2022

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CPColin posted:

lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

what's the deal with cyanpos, how does one get it going? Feel like it'd be a good fit for summertimes

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

dioxazine posted:

there's a haiku for this

At least this time nobody went "it's not DNS" and also still wasn't my responsibility anyway

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

well its 2pm on a monday and i think that's about all the work i'll do this week

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

instead of working on any of my assigned stories today I did some testing of multi-container deployments in azure app service.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Achmed Jones posted:

lmao at maui yaoi

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

lmao at maui yaoi

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Fortaleza posted:

what's the deal with cyanpos, how does one get it going? Feel like it'd be a good fit for summertimes

click on the yospos in the corner and then do the konami code

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

rotor posted:

well its 2pm on a monday and i think that's about all the work i'll do this week

big mood

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

for the past few days ive been faintly smelling something that smells like a bowl of sugared, sliced fruit, and i have no idea where its coming from
it's not my breath, it's not me, it's not my surroundings (as i smell it even when im in another city)

do i need to get my loving brain checked

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Do you have a pineapple stuck up your nose?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cls there's a heat wave again and i'm getting the heat rage. going to go to the beach and take a dip to cool my brain and prevent myself from having a rage aneurysm.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Truman Peyote posted:

cls there's a heat wave again and i'm getting the heat rage. going to go to the beach and take a dip to cool my brain and prevent myself from having a rage aneurysm.

last day of it at least. also starting to get a bit cloudy at least out here in the western end of the valley

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

got back from the beach an hour or so ago. little jones and i walked from one beach to another and then out on the pier. then we ate an early dinner on the pier. we found what i think was a juvenile needlefish in the surf. we tried to throw it back, but it didn't work. so i guess a sea gull will get a snack

i gotta get some saltwater tackle, i wanna go fishing

it had been years since i ate a pile of fried seafood. hell yeah

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Enjoy you are gout :smugmrgw:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Enjoy you are gout :smugmrgw:

do you honestly enjoy yours