Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The punk bands I've seen live tend to look more like the guy on the right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

i mean same, on both parts of the post. broccoli is delicious and i wanna gently caress his friend's mom

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

She’s not that great once you actually give it a go, actually. Kind of the opposite of broccoli.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
There is a legit couple of American generations now that don’t know if you simply add salt, pepper, and oil to vegetables and lightly roast them in the oven they are delicious. And that’s just the basics to making any vegetable cheaply and easily delicious.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think the entire generations are ignorant of this. someone must know

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Nle-nh8Es

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Boomers boiled the poo poo out of everything and it was all flavorless mush.

Then the internet happened and millennials were like "oh, spices exist, and so do cooking methods besides boiling" and then the whole foodie thing happened and now there's like 700 youtube celebrity chefs and 4 cooking channels.

It's amazing what happens when boomers are not in charge.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Anime Liker posted:

Boomers boiled the poo poo out of everything and it was all flavorless mush.

Then the internet happened and millennials were like "oh, spices exist, and so do cooking methods besides boiling" and then the whole foodie thing happened and now there's like 700 youtube celebrity chefs and 4 cooking channels.

It's amazing what happens when boomers are not in charge.

*stuffs four course meal into gelatin mold*

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Yeah I grew up with boomers for parents and literally every vegetable was steamed/boiled/microwaved from frozen. Or, in the case of mashed potatoes, from a box.

gently caress that last one makes me angry. The recipe for mashed potatoes is in the goddamned name.

I went to college and even my broke rear end tried to do something with cooking and I ended up loving cooking and discovering tasty things and how to make them very painlessly and often on the cheap.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i mean before the internet the only memes were from TV and newspapers so its no surprise people were ignorant as poo poo

i mean we still are but for different reasons

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'm in my thirties and I'm still amazed every single day at all the things my parents never taught me, I'm just never quite sure if they didn't know or if they just didn't give a poo poo

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Please not another food derail. Please.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

dialhforhero posted:

There is a legit couple of American generations now that don’t know if you simply add salt, pepper, and oil to vegetables and lightly roast them in the oven they are delicious. And that’s just the basics to making any vegetable cheaply and easily delicious.

yea 'brussels sprouts and spinach are the foods every child fears' also comes from this stuff, a lot of suburban american cooking for greens and all was just 'boil them, toss some butter on them when they're mush' and unsurprisingly if you give a child a plate of flavorless green mush they'll probably go 'ew'.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Boomers all boiled or microwave steamed vegetables, but they all grew up eating slimy canned vegetables so to their palates it was still a major improvement. Before that people were basically getting what they could fresh when it was in season and if they were able. Developments in shipping and food production have given us fresh food in greater variety and at lower cost than any time in human history.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
vegetables are awesome

food is awesome!

except clams

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Collapsing Farts posted:

vegetables are awesome

food is awesome!

except clams

you piece of poo poo I'd kill for some clams right now!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

sexpig by night posted:

yea 'brussels sprouts and spinach are the foods every child fears' also comes from this stuff, a lot of suburban american cooking for greens and all was just 'boil them, toss some butter on them when they're mush' and unsurprisingly if you give a child a plate of flavorless green mush they'll probably go 'ew'.

Add butter? You mean margarine, right? Don't be silly, you don't add any of that. Next you'll be saying the recipe for mashed potato isn't literally mashing boiled, peeled potatoes. And don't get me started on salt.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
clams is rocks with food inside

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea, the best kinds of rock

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

bike tory posted:

The realest punkest guy around.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Add butter? You mean margarine, right? Don't be silly, you don't add any of that. Next you'll be saying the recipe for mashed potato isn't literally mashing boiled, peeled potatoes. And don't get me started on salt.

You don't even have to peel them!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

theflyingexecutive posted:

You don't even have to peel them!

There's flavour in the peel.

This was British cooking, though, not American.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

I think brussel sprouts specifically used to be substantially more bitter, if I remember right.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I think brussel sprouts specifically used to be substantially more bitter, if I remember right.

Eggplant, too. You don’t need to salt-treat them any longer.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

I guess you could say they aren’t “fungible”.

That's not what fungible means. Fungible basically means "exchangeable for a copy of identical value".

A dollar bill or a bitcoin is fungible.
The mona lisa is non-fungible.

A ticket for seat 12D at tomorrow's 7PM viewing of Batman in your local theater is a non-fungible token because it is a token (a proof of value) that can't be exchanged for a copy of identical value (it's unique, since there's no other other tickets for the same seat at the same time).

In fact, proof of ownership of a ticket reservation for a show or whatever is the ONLY example I've ever heard of blockchain NFTs having an actual practical usecase. Nobody is actually doing that because everyone invested in NFTs is happy with them being no more than a vehicle for scams. They aren't actually looking for practical usecases (also paper or e-mail reservations work just fine).

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The bill itself is definitely non-fungible, it's a physical object and only one can exist. The dollar that the bill represents is fungible. Also I don't think proof of reservation of a ticket is a practical use of blockchain either.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

perhaps if it were more fungible

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Okay.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

bike tory posted:

A punk band that blows your face off with pure aggression and turns the pit into a absolute warzone is either going to look like a bunch of Mad Max extras that haven't showered since Road Warrior premiered or like a group of mild mannered geography teachers.

There is no middle ground.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I will fung all your ibles.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I will fung all your ibles.

yea please daddy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Now I don't want to, anymore.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fungin makes me feel good

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Carbon dioxide posted:

actual practical usecase

There are zero practical usecases of blockchain.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Baron von Eevl posted:

Boomers all boiled or microwave steamed vegetables, but they all grew up eating slimy canned vegetables so to their palates it was still a major improvement. Before that people were basically getting what they could fresh when it was in season and if they were able. Developments in shipping and food production have given us fresh food in greater variety and at lower cost than any time in human history.

Counterpoint: Tony Chachere's, Tabasco, and wood didn't spontaneously materialize in the US in 2009. That poo poo was around in the 40s.

Boomers made an active decision to not season their food and grill it over those nasty rear end zippo lighter flavored charcoal briquettes.

They boiled those goddamn vegetables on the range built into the oven they should have been in.

Yeah you couldn't get keffir lime leaves in Nebraska in 1978. But you drat sure had an oven and salt and fat to make bomb rear end vegetables.

That lazy boomer poo poo was a choice.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Anime Liker posted:

Counterpoint: Tony Chachere's, Tabasco, and wood didn't spontaneously materialize in the US in 2009. That poo poo was around in the 40s.

Boomers made an active decision to not season their food and grill it over those nasty rear end zippo lighter flavored charcoal briquettes.

They boiled those goddamn vegetables on the range built into the oven they should have been in.

Yeah you couldn't get keffir lime leaves in Nebraska in 1978. But you drat sure had an oven and salt and fat to make bomb rear end vegetables.

That lazy boomer poo poo was a choice.

Cool 2 for 1 on saying people deserve a holocaust for the way they cook and using a racial slur in the same post

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Baron von Eevl posted:

Cool 2 for 1 on saying people deserve a holocaust for the way they cook and using a racial slur in the same post

lol wut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm sorry, I just realized by "they should have been put in" you meant the vegetables and not boomers. But yeah "keffir" is a racial slur.