Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Watching explanations of Darkstalkers made me swerve constantly on if I wanted to buy that collection.

"Oh, the pacing of this game looks like exactly what I like, the combos look really comfy and not too demanding--wait, the input for that move was WHAT?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
yo for real the inputs are weird as hell

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Daytona loving blows lmao. Literally everything about CEO that isn't the venue or the hotel is sketchy garbage.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Does the Capcom Fighting Collection have cross play?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Spanish Manlove posted:

Daytona loving blows lmao. Literally everything about CEO that isn't the venue or the hotel is sketchy garbage.

A few years back Sonic Fox recounted where they just openly had racist poo poo said about them in broad daylight by complete strangers. People have been complaining about Daytona for years and Jebailey should have changed venues years ago

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Spanish Manlove posted:

I went there for the first CEO hosted there and vowed never again, it is so loving garbage

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Really? The beach isn't that nice? I would have thought that yeah it's some Florida shithouse town with Nascar die hards living there but at least the beach should be tolerable.

No good food?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Orlando is infinitely preferable to Daytona. Why did it move?

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Daytonaaaaa

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

cheeseboy58 posted:

Daytonaaaaa

let's go away (from daytona)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Chaotic Flame posted:

Orlando is infinitely preferable to Daytona. Why did it move?

I think Jebailey said the old venue was way too expensive, and he probably got the current venue for cheap with a multi year contract

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Isn't Daytona one of the most dangerous and poverty stricken areas of Florida if not the US?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

JBP posted:

Isn't Daytona one of the most dangerous and poverty stricken areas of Florida if not the US?

You mean just Florida, and the answer is Yes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jiro posted:

Really? The beach isn't that nice? I would have thought that yeah it's some Florida shithouse town with Nascar die hards living there but at least the beach should be tolerable.

No good food?

The food is absolute bottom tier overpriced school lunch microwaved garbage theme park junk that's just a kids menu with larger portions. And the beach is redneck bullshit where you can drive your car on the beach and tailgate.

Plenty of non cis/het/white/male friends are too scared to walk anywhere by themselves and even my normal looking white rear end has been harassed by feral Floridians. I'm from Florida and can say that this place is like Florida's Pripyat

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Sorry I just want to vent because actually anywhere in America that doesn't have an international airport is like this and it scares me, but Florida gets the brunt of the notoriety thanks to the tourist areas. Like how many people take beach vacations to Biloxi MS or camp in Crosset AR?

The tournaments themselves and the venue are awesome, run smoothly, etc. And jebaileyland this year is pretty stocked and nicely organized. Also there's a lot of space for tabletop games, which the Florida locals are calling the fgc retirement home as a joke that hits too close to home for us all.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Also there's a lot of space for tabletop games, which the Florida locals are calling the fgc retirement home as a joke that hits too close to home for us all.

Well now I just feel personally attacked. :tootzzz:

The good news about this collection is the marginally higher attention that Hyper II is getting. But that's mainly because I'm a degenerate CE Dict main. :commissar:

It's more fun than ST in my opinion.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 25, 2022

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

The food is absolute bottom tier overpriced school lunch microwaved garbage theme park junk that's just a kids menu with larger portions. And the beach is redneck bullshit where you can drive your car on the beach and tailgate.

Plenty of non cis/het/white/male friends are too scared to walk anywhere by themselves and even my normal looking white rear end has been harassed by feral Floridians. I'm from Florida and can say that this place is like Florida's Pripyat

Yeah like, I'm mega white cis dude and walking back last night with my wife from dinner we had like three people drunkenly yelling at us as they drove by, while weaving around an extremely drunk boomer struggling to put on his helmet to ride his motorcycle

It's gotta be a million times worse for other people

CEO itself has been fun though

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Who would have thought that the NASCAR food court would extend to the town proper. Also that loving sucks about cars on the beach inside city limits. I'm in deep south, physically, South Texas, and we only have lifted piece of poo poo trucks drive on the beach when it's outside city limits so they can go get stuck out there.

Especially after SCOTUS ruling yesterday a lot of redneck shitbirds have a lot to celebrate about, then go about lazily have unprotected sex and realize they now can't undo their spawn mistake.

Welp, crossing CEO off the list of tourneys to go to.

The public drunkenness sounds to be normally on par compared to a Las Vegas or Austin on a football Saturday night downtown.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

Sorry I just want to vent because actually anywhere in America that doesn't have an international airport is like this and it scares me, but Florida gets the brunt of the notoriety thanks to the tourist areas. Like how many people take beach vacations to Biloxi MS or camp in Crosset AR?

no daytona sounds a lot worse than most places you might go if you randomly threw a dart at the US to choose your destination

people might be bigoted fucks in any of those places but you aren't going to be "harassed by feral floridians" just walking down the street, and there are even places without international airports that are actual, genuine, non-shitholes! wow!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
https://twitter.com/ultradavid/status/1540820868913418242

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

New collection is pretty fantastic

Darkstalkers Is Back

Nice job Capcom not screwing it up and implementing great netcode

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

SFV top 8 in CEO was aight, Punk played some nice Ken. The Kudo guy had a super sick Chun Li.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Medullah posted:

Does the Capcom Fighting Collection have cross play?

I noticed this has not been answered but the Capcom Fighting Collection does not have crossplay. Maybe the PC audience will stick around but just keep that in mind when you decide where to get it.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

King of the Cosmos posted:

I noticed this has not been answered but the Capcom Fighting Collection does not have crossplay. Maybe the PC audience will stick around but just keep that in mind when you decide where to get it.

Yeah, it's the largest downside to an otherwise really cool collection, and one of the reasons I got it on PS instead of PC.

As people in the GoonsGarden Discord pointed out, most of the PC Crowd is likely to continue using Fightcade for online play. Which is understandable but sad, because the Capcom Netcode is really good for this collection and being able to hop between games is surprisingly fun. Getting my rear end kicked in SF2, then getting a runback in Puzzle Fighter is a uniquely karmic feeling.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

watching Max stream it, does PSN not show gamertags when doing online play?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

About to fly out of Daytona Beach and I gotta say that I had a great time at CEO, but probably wouldn't come back while it's still here. At the end jebailey mentioned that he's heard the complaints and is working on a deal somewhere else but it'll take some time. I'd definitely go to ceotaku next year though

I pretty much just played bbcf sets after Friday. Honestly I think it might still be my favorite current fighting game. A big part of that though is just how much I like playing litchi, even if my execution is still kind of garbage with her currently since I didn't really get to practice for a few months on top of switching controllers. That's all just things to work on though! I guess she really must not be common in NA because I saw a million naotos and susanos and terumis but as far as I can tell it was only myself and the dude that finished second playing litchi

It's kind of funny though because I ended up running sets for like an hour each with 2 people that were top 8 on Saturday. I lost I think literally every game, though took a couple rounds, but learned a ton in the process about the terumi, hazama and naoto matchups. Also learned just how little I know so far lol. Wish I'd gotten to play RYO with my scrubby litchi just to get some pointers tbh

Man, I definitely did miss in person stuff, though COVID is still a risk of course

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 27, 2022

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Elvis_Maximus posted:

About to fly out of Daytona Beach and I gotta say that I had a great time at CEO, but probably wouldn't come back while it's still here. At the end jebailey mentioned that he's heard the complaints and is working on a deal somewhere else but it'll take some time. I'd definitely go to ceotaku next year though

I pretty much just played bbcf sets after Friday. Honestly I think it might still be my favorite current fighting game. A big part of that though is just how much I like playing litchi, even if my execution is still kind of garbage with her currently since I didn't really get to practice for a few months on top of switching controllers. That's all just things to work on though! I guess she really must not be common in NA because I saw a million naotos and susanos and terumis but as far as I can tell it was only myself and the dude that finished second playing litchi

It's kind of funny though because I ended up running sets for like an hour each with 2 people that were top 8 on Saturday. I lost I think literally every game, though took a couple rounds, but learned a ton in the process about the terumi, hazama and naoto matchups. Also learned just how little I know so far lol. Wish I'd gotten to play RYO with my scrubby litchi just to get some pointers tbh

Man, I definitely did miss in person stuff, though COVID is still a risk of course

Nice to hear it was good. I definitely want to go to a in person event and definitely EVO but I have other travel plans during EVO this year. I would love to go next year and see SF6 first evo.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Im gonna go to combo breaker again for sure next year

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

anyone else going to east coast throwdown?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

anyone else going to east coast throwdown?

Actually yeah, entering strive and bbcf

Got a lot of practicing ahead of me for both lol

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

watching Max stream it, does PSN not show gamertags when doing online play?

It’s subtle but they’re up in the top corners

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there a DNF Duel thread? Where are people talking about that one

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh that comes out already tomorrow, huh. Do any of the big games have their own threads anymore? I thought they just kinda all consolidated here

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The Strive thread is still alive. SFV/MK11 threads exist in the catalog but have no posts since 2011.

DNF Duel servers are actually online already for console, so the people who managed to get early copies of the PS4/PS5 versions are already netplaying.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Actually yeah, entering strive and bbcf

Got a lot of practicing ahead of me for both lol

same, im doing sfv

only goal is to not go 0-2

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

Oh that comes out already tomorrow, huh. Do any of the big games have their own threads anymore? I thought they just kinda all consolidated here

I think there is a Guilty Gear thread. SF at release will probably have a thread depending how much hype it gets. SF5 had no budget so it lost a huge audience but I think SF6 has a lot of potential to give fighting games another boost just as SF4 did back in the day.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I pledge that the tekken players will just poo poo up this thread instead of moving to our own when T8 is announced/comes out*

*I am in no way in charge of any of the tekken posters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is tekken 8 gonna have 4 years of arcade only or whatever again or does bandai want to fund a full console game upfront now that 7 was huge

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Harada would be the one person still trying to do arcades probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deets
Apr 20, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

Is tekken 8 gonna have 4 years of arcade only or whatever again or does bandai want to fund a full console game upfront now that 7 was huge
There is no way Tekken 8 starts as an arcade game. That era is long gone for everything but Gundam Vs.