Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah didnt covid basically kill arcades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
real question: is the tekken 8 frame data dlc gonna be available day 1 or will they wait a year or two

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

It'll be an exclusive pre-order bonus

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
frame data for individual moves will be random drops in the new treasure mode

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Relax Or DIE posted:

frame data for individual moves will be random drops in the new treasure mode

I wouldn't even be loving surprised.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I would be

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Tekken 8 will include a battle pass system.

The maximum reward for the first season will be rollback netcode.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Cleretic posted:

Tekken 8 will include a battle pass system.

The maximum reward for the first season will be rollback netcode.

But only 3. You get 6 as a reward for season 2 battle pass.

deets
Apr 20, 2015

anime was right posted:

yeah didnt covid basically kill arcades
They were already moribund before covid. Almost all of the small little hole in the wall arcades with a bunch of viewlixes lined up that I used to frequent closed in the years before 2020, and now it's pretty much only the big guys left. It's possible they do an arcade version out of pride, but I can't imagine them waiting years for a console port the way they used to.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arcades were declining and then they took an absolute beating with Covid to where Sega sold theirs off after their arcade cloud server concept had everyone asking "why don't you just play the game online????"

Tekken 8 I do not forsee anyway it only stays in arcades for anything more than a location test, and even that seems dubious.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It would be kinda badass if Tekken 8 started as arcade exclusive tbh.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
In a surprising turn of events, Tekken 8 will be a Stadia exclusive.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wow I bet that'd have like, 50 rollback

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Wow I bet that'd have like, 50 rollback

Negative input latency, baby!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so we have a tekken game and a vf game that are coming out around the same timeframe maybe?!?

is it the 90s again because im ok with it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
DNF duel is up!

The grappler combo trials are a lot harder than I expected. All his specials are chargeable and he seems to rely on linking specials into other charged specials for a lot of routes, including from his main 5S command grab (which does really low direct damage but launches for a combo).

From a couple hours in a lobby with some equally-clueless friends I've come to the conclusion that Troubleshooter is a better zoner than Launcher (and he's not even a zoner!). His grenade toss is way faster startup than most of her fireballs and he can also throw it while jumping forwards, plus he just has huge normals that reach like 2/3ds of the screen and still lead to good combos, and specials that hit 9/10ths of the screen. Meanwhile launcher's projectiles don't confirm into anything on hit outside of point black, and there are tons of characters who can counterhit her out of a fireball animation and maybe even get a combo from full screen distance. Her best tool seems to be not the actual projectiles but her decently big 5AA gun normals just because of how fast they are relative to their range (and that they can actually combo into stuff).

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Also enjoying DNF Duel, getting the hang of this degenerate Swift Master character.

Am I supposed to be doing the real inputs for magic skills or not? The bonus from doing so seems...small at best?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Caved and got DNF duel even though I'm still unsure if it will have a playerbase in a couple weeks. Really enjoying Striker, their reverse beat and extra chain options and decent ground speed makes them feel good

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Elephunk posted:

Also enjoying DNF Duel, getting the hang of this degenerate Swift Master character.

Am I supposed to be doing the real inputs for magic skills or not? The bonus from doing so seems...small at best?

in actual DFO doing skills with inputs gives an absolutely trivial discount to mana activation cost (mana is functionally infinite, think Diablo 2 endgame basically) and nobody bothers except a few unlucky folks who got one of the epic weapons that mandates having an empty hotbar or w/e

haven't downloaded the game yet myself to see but i would not at all be surprised to see the fg take the same "why would you even bother" approach

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
When I played DFO I was doing motion inputs because it was more fun, but also that game is a typical korean MMO so it has zero challenge.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

grabbed the game, why is arcsys so bad at button config.

you already fixed the inability to bind arrow keys in strive, now here it is again

e: oh, okay, the keys i was trying to bind were bound, invisibly, to the 2P keyboard config. i had to go to a different menu, activate a "two players on keyboard" setting, unbind the second player, then go back and bind the ones i wanted

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 28, 2022

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Any tips for playing ArcSys games, it just seems super fast paced compared to SF.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Does the online function on PC? I'm interested in the game but I didn't want to buy it until I'd heard if it was a decent PC release or not

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

why does Inquisitor have a rapid side-switch button in a game with no crossups

e: unrelated

https://twitter.com/ViciousZen/status/1541739016940167168

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
ora ora ora ora

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The spirit of HnK lives.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

does dnf have the arcsys jump cancel m attack deal in it?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

e: oh, okay, the keys i was trying to bind were bound, invisibly, to the 2P keyboard config. i had to go to a different menu, activate a "two players on keyboard" setting, unbind the second player, then go back and bind the ones i wanted

Oh thanks for this, I wanted to bind keys to the arrows and was also wondering why it wouldn't let me

Edit: oh I don't have a numpad on this keyboard and it requires a numpad to select these keybinds lol

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 28, 2022

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
Got to play some player matches with a friend this morning in DNF Duel, Was i just being dumb or is there no way to create a completely private lobby to play with friends?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

why does Inquisitor have a rapid side-switch button in a game with no crossups

It's combo filler, her other cancel options are bad for that

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Man, these ArcSys ports are just full of brand new sets of dumb poo poo every release. GGST has the oddest binds to navigate menus and keybinding to a keyboard half works. DNF Duel actually has reasonable keys (ish) to navigate the menus, but has no concept of a numpad at all, so I have to use AHK to as a layer on top of inputs to make that work. It's so frustrating.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Man, these ArcSys ports are just full of brand new sets of dumb poo poo every release. GGST has the oddest binds to navigate menus and keybinding to a keyboard half works. DNF Duel actually has reasonable keys (ish) to navigate the menus, but has no concept of a numpad at all, so I have to use AHK to as a layer on top of inputs to make that work. It's so frustrating.

The numpad keys are used for 2player keybinds which you can't modify unless you enable 2 players in Keyboard from the Game Settings.

I was able to finally change them by bringing up the windows onscreen keyboard lol

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The numpad keys are used for 2player keybinds which you can't modify unless you enable 2 players in Keyboard from the Game Settings.

I was able to finally change them by bringing up the windows onscreen keyboard lol

Wait, so I can Enable '2 Players on Keyboard', and then go back and set player 1 binds to the numpad?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Apparently the code for burst, RC, air blocking, and a few other things are in the game but just set to "false"

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Apparently the code for burst, RC, air blocking, and a few other things are in the game but just set to "false"

Now that's prime custom mod material if enabling it would give those functions lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Wait, so I can Enable '2 Players on Keyboard', and then go back and set player 1 binds to the numpad?

Yeah, you just need to remap the player 2 keys to something else to free those keys up and then can go back and reassign them to player 1

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Countblanc posted:

is there a flag to turn off the block button? that's the only thing that screams "this shouldn't exist" to me so far and would be nice to be able to disable for local play or w/e

e: can chip kill?

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 28, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I've been told that you can block like a civilized person instead of having to use the block button, is that true?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I've been told that you can block like a civilized person instead of having to use the block button, is that true?

yes and there are pros and cons to each. block button prevents crossups obviously but also locks you in place, and certain other inputs will be suppressed while holding it. there's probably a bunch of OS poo poo lurking in this game because of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

yes and there are pros and cons to each. block button prevents crossups obviously but also locks you in place, and certain other inputs will be suppressed while holding it. there's probably a bunch of OS poo poo lurking in this game because of it

Iirc gbvs had a ton of os stuff with the block button

I like l/r mix-ups, so block buttons are annoying. Also they actively confuse me for some reason that I can't explain, like it just feels wrong somehow