Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-164.html

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHA WHAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The "being a murderer" curse :hmmyes:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!
I wish Haruo got more screentime and another fight but at least he got to beat the poo poo out of Himuro

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh look. loving up your knee again because you are 300lb over what a human should weight Haruo. Maybe you should address this problem or something.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Are we sure the guy Saw Paing fought isn't dead? His face was fully caved in.[ /spoiler]

[spoiler] Also lmao at Himuro losing again

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Brought To You By posted:

Oh look. loving up your knee again because you are 300lb over what a human should weight Haruo. Maybe you should address this problem or something.

Needs to bulk up his legs some more to reinforce his knees

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation

Scallop Eyes posted:

Are we sure the guy Saw Paing fought isn't dead? His face was fully caved in.[ /spoiler]

Medel got his face caved in by Gaolang's fist as well and got all right a couple of hours later.

Getting Togo Tomari to replace his knees with titanium ones

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Angry Lobster posted:

The "being a murderer" curse :hmmyes:
I honestly think that's it. Like he couldnt remember how to fight without killing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The page of Nam Nhat fighting Saw Paing and having the moment of "oh gently caress i hosed up" before getting his entire face headbutted flat made me laugh out loud.

This format is a good way to get through the prelims.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Is Ryuki’s curse struggling to meld two different styles or struggling to fight normally after years of killing people?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ryuki was specifically told early on that Gaoh style wasn't going to get him far in Kengan.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hell yeah! The Hammer of Burma is back!

I also love that nerd Falcon.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
I think Ryuki lost because when he got an opening he suddenly realized that he wasn't allowed to do a killing strike like he normally would and couldn't adapt to non-lethal match in time.

I also liked how Saw Paing got a win against Sekibayashi Jun, but it was only after two defeats.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

team overhead smash posted:

Is Ryuki’s curse struggling to meld two different styles or struggling to fight normally after years of killing people?

Little of column A, little of column B

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Ryuki's style is kinda poo poo in a fair fight, so this happens.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

team overhead smash posted:

I think this is it. Dude has almost no idea how to fight without killing, realized he can't do that in the middle of the match and couldn't figure out how to win the fight without murdering his opponent.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Scallop Eyes posted:

IIRC that’s happened to a few people who walked it off. I remember Jerry Tyson. Some of them didn’t have access to a mad scientist assassin, so it might be nin-diegetic.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Saw paing is such a fun character but we really need gaolang at the same time

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
FINALLY all caught up and

meh

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I love Falcon. Dude cannot conceptualize without the lenses of ninpo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This tournament's shapin' up to be pretty fun!

Also nice to see some past history between fighters, like Saw Paing being 0-2 against Sekibayashi (before their most recent fight).

Really excited for my boys Adam and Kim Chang-gi. I feel like Adam's the one who'll make it out? Haruo got disqualified despite winning, and Himuro's still in the game but has a loss to Haruo. Give my boy Himuro a win, let him beat the random extra in the group, at least.

Still think it's stupid that Ohma watches Koga fight a C-Lister and thinks it's high level. Bitch you fought in the Kengan Annihilation Tournament and the Kengan-Purgatory Tournament, this is not high-level for you.

Lt. Lizard posted:

I think this is it. Dude has almost no idea how to fight without killing, realized he can't do that in the middle of the match and couldn't figure out how to win the fight without murdering his opponent.

Also hasn't he been resting from Kengan fights until now? So it's probably even more severe because he's been doing nothing BUT killing Worms for 2 years*.

*Other than grabbing meals with his boyfriend.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I like how there's a character based on Vitali Klitschko and Mark Myers just towers over him like that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

my parents boyfriend posted:

I like how there's a character based on Vitali Klitschko and Mark Myers just towers over him like that.

Glad my boy Mark Myers managed to become a B-lister after failing his promotion 2 years ago.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Would be a nice omake if Myers teamed up with Ryuki and murder cop and went out for some fun.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Hypocrisy posted:

Hell yeah! The Hammer of Burma is back!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

New chapter 165.

In which we find out that having your face caved in just needs a band aid to fix.

Also not sure if there are any Chiba fans but uh...RIP.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

New chapter 165.

In which we find out that having your face caved in just needs a band aid to fix.

I bet Chiba did something extremely dumb, like impersonating Naidan or some other Worm fighter during his match with Ryukii.Also I love Falcon continuing being super weeb in his training montage/panel. :allears:

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Hypocrisy posted:

New chapter 165.

Chiba fan here

but he got to win a fight in this arc (even if it was entirely offscreen), and that was already more than i expected from him

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lt. Lizard posted:

I bet Chiba did something extremely dumb, like impersonating Naidan or some other Worm fighter during his match with Ryukii.Also I love Falcon continuing being super weeb in his training montage/panel. :allears:

Chiba copied Naidan and became extremely suicidal

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

New chapter 165.

I wouldn't call myself a Chiba fan but I did like his gimmick and saw room for improvement. I agree that he probably copies a style that triggered Ryuki to murderize him and that's unfortunately the same poo poo that happened versus Hatsumi.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Chiba won and Ryuki got to pissed off he attacked him after the match with the rakshasa palm and almost killed him

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012
New chapter: https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/kNwmED/chapter-166/

Some cool ideas that go nowhere on this one.

Chiba would probably make a fun protagonist in a different martial arts manga.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Bah they really chickened out on this chapter

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That's a bummer about Chiba.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Why not at least ask him where he learned those techniques Ohma?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So I'm 100% down for Chiba creating his own variant of formless but it's not a technique the same way Gaolang's flash jabs or Okubo's tackle are techniques. It's a mindset where Agito leverages his years of martial arts expertise and the many techniques he's acquired to adapt on the fly to his opponent. Chiba ironically already was doing this even in his first fight against Sen but made a bad call when switching to Aikido.

So I like the idea that he would try and refine his choice of techniques by becoming a better martial artist and learning not to just string together moves but create a gameplan against his opponent by doing so. You know, "becoming" a better martial artist in not just form but mind.

Then Sandro had him swinging his loving shoulders because that's the only way the reader would know it's formless in the first place and I am beating a dead horse when I say I hate that formless got devalued to just a shoulder shimmy. Fusion is also an interesting idea, could have been a unique gimmick of Chiba because of his career choice and history, merging roles together to create composite personas and subsequently composite moves. But it's all wasted in a throwaway fight when it should have had as much time as a round 2 kengan fight. Instead he literally eats poo poo in the same amount of time he lost to Sen.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

So I'm 100% down for Chiba creating his own variant of formless but it's not a technique the same way Gaolang's flash jabs or Okubo's tackle are techniques. It's a mindset where Agito leverages his years of martial arts expertise and the many techniques he's acquired to adapt on the fly to his opponent. Chiba ironically already was doing this even in his first fight against Sen but made a bad call when switching to Aikido.

So I like the idea that he would try and refine his choice of techniques by becoming a better martial artist and learning not to just string together moves but create a gameplan against his opponent by doing so. You know, "becoming" a better martial artist in not just form but mind.

Then Sandro had him swinging his loving shoulders because that's the only way the reader would know it's formless in the first place and I am beating a dead horse when I say I hate that formless got devalued to just a shoulder shimmy. Fusion is also an interesting idea, could have been a unique gimmick of Chiba because of his career choice and history, merging roles together to create composite personas and subsequently composite moves. But it's all wasted in a throwaway fight when it should have had as much time as a round 2 kengan fight. Instead he literally eats poo poo in the same amount of time he lost to Sen.

Formeless is a technique as much as copying poo poo instantly is a tecnique, which you can learn from the Kures apparently

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How else do you represent Formless beyond that, it's not like it's a real technique to have a fighting stance you can base it off of, like boxing or anything in Street Fighter that lets you throw fireballs.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

How else do you represent Formless beyond that, it's not like it's a real technique to have a fighting stance you can base it off of, like boxing or anything in Street Fighter that lets you throw fireballs.
You really shouldn't because giving a set stance to formless defeats the entire purpose of calling it formless in the first place. That's why when it's used against Okubo and against Gaolang it looks like different things. Because it had different purposes in either copying someone's moves directly for style points or creating a custom martial arts to counter his opponents blows. I would even double down and say you could call the Hatsumi Sen vs Chiba fight a proto-Agito match because that's probably what Sen was ultimately counting on to win against Agito. Finding the one move Agito would throw at him through formless that he could counter and lead into his own finisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Just loling at "oh yeah, this fighter' signature and supposedly unique ability is actually just one of billion Kure techniques everyone can learn, but I guess he is slightly better at it".