Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

2nd level spells posted:

Isn't someone who hates everyone simultaneously racist, sexist, ableist. classist and so on and so on instead of none of them?

Just as long as you don’t mislabel them as an abuser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
you can call me racist, or you can call me sexist, or you can call me ableist, or you can call me an abuser, but you don't have to call me Mr. Johnson

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

As Nero Danced posted:

Agreed, it was a chance for introspection and to develop some empathy, but Deep is too much an rear end in a top hat to realize it and improve himself as a human.

What if he tries to improve himself as a fish?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Every week there is a new thread dipshit trying to compete with last season’s ultimate dipshit. None of you are close but please keep trying because it single-handedly justifies the week to week viewing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chamale posted:

What if he tries to improve himself as a fish?

He's living his truth. By the next season he will be openly dating an octopus and bringing them around on press tours.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

MokBa posted:

Every week there is a new thread dipshit trying to compete with last season’s ultimate dipshit. None of you are close but please keep trying because it single-handedly justifies the week to week viewing.

They just keep shuffling around

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The way Soldier Boy says "I beat my meat into a cup" is so funny to me, he just says it so matter-of-factly.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Nonchalantly talking about how many potheads he's put away while smoking reefer

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

christmas boots posted:

you can call me racist, or you can call me sexist, or you can call me ableist, or you can call me an abuser, but you don't have to call me Mr. Johnson

just don't call me late for dinner!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

FireWorksWell posted:

Nonchalantly talking about how many potheads he's put away while smoking reefer

means theres more left for him, dudes got priorities

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
"I don't have shell shock. gently caress you!"

Goddamn his delivery is so good.

Question, how bad do you think Homelander would have turned out of his dad was in the picture?

E: another thought, this one feels more like wishful thinking. Butcher telling Hughie they're out of temp V is effectively cutting Hughie off and saving him, whether it's the truth or not. Part of me is hoping that he's just trying to protect Hughie rather than saying "to hell with the consequences, we finish the job." But that's just not who Butcher is, is it?

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 2, 2022

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Hey guys, I just noticed something. They call him The Deep, but he's actually a shallow person. Do you think the writers planned that or what?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Ashley is killing it. I loved how as she's exiting the room her face drops like "I tried to speak on your people's lingo but you don't even appreciate it."

Also the deep cut of his bio being written by the creator of Downton Abbey

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Eau de MacGowan posted:

would be a real dick maneuver to continue to eat almonds in front of your deathly allergic brother, particularly when he asks you to stop, and particularly when youre an animated meerkat

Yeah but Stan Edgar *is* a real dick.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Robobot posted:

Hey guys, I just noticed something. They call him The Deep, but he's actually a shallow person. Do you think the writers planned that or what?

Namor is just “Roman” spelled backwards. I was 36 when I realized that.

My The Deep hot take: the darkly ironic humiliations that are visited upon the Deep are not meant to elicit laughs, but ‘oofs’. I’m sure the Germans have some crazy accurate compound word to describe that feeling.

Kevin’s life would be so much better if he just walked into the ocean and never came back. He could just get his dick sucked by consenting sea life for the rest of his natural life.

Also, I just remembered remember that octopuses have razor sharp beaks.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Yeah but Stan Edgar *is* a real dick.

ok how about this irrefutable science: black noir is a sheep but stan edgar is a meerkat

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Marsupial Ape posted:

Sounds to me like you're pointing out that The Deep backwards is "Peed Eht"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I spent a lot of the episode wondering whether Black Noir was stuck in one of Mindstorm's fantasy, and was surprised that there wasn't a twist to the hallucinations. They were cool, though a little bit obviously motivated in order to provide cover for extended exposition.

I wasn't surprised at the lack of a twist because Black Noir imagining himself surrounded by cute talking animals is so perfect to what we know of him. I'd love to see his point of view on all his previous scenes, like when he killed all those people and then gave a kid a teddy bear.

My first thought when all the cute cartoons started talking to him was "Black Noir thinks he's a Disney princess". Then I realized that his super redundant name reminded me of someone...

Black Noir = Snow White :lmao:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I love Deep every time he comes on screen. His stupid face is just pure comedy. And he's either getting hilarious comeuppance or trying his best but loving over anyone trying to use him.

Also leaving a tenured position at Vassar for this nightmare circus is a galaxy brain move.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

The priest/nun combo make me wonder if they just happened to be around when Mindstorm needed them or if he brainwashed two random people years earlier, dressed them up as a priest and a nun and made them a permanent part of his security system. Are they just always there, broken down by the side of the road?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

jabby posted:

The priest/nun combo make me wonder if they just happened to be around when Mindstorm needed them or if he brainwashed two random people years earlier, dressed them up as a priest and a nun and made them a permanent part of his security system. Are they just always there, broken down by the side of the road?

I still think that was entirely random, and the nun had a breakdown from seeing a friend die so suddenly and gruesomely and just started stabbing Hughie once the initial shock wore off and gave way to anger. He merked two people on the *chance* they'd been brainwashed.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Are you trying to be the new bad take of the week?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

No Dignity posted:

Given the circumstances of his concept and his power set any alternative explanation for his birth would likely be an incredibly dumb asspull

Hang on, let me just think up the dumbest thing I can, gotta try and meet maeve limb transplant guy a while back:

She was already pregnant and homelander just jizzes pure V, thus dosing william butcher's own child! :shepface:.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
No one's tried to call Deep's wife uptight for agreeing to and then backing out of the threesome with the octopus so there's still room

E: ^ and I've been upstaged

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Is it possible that Stormfront realized that Homelander is her son when he was blabbering on about his birthday in their last scene together? Maybe she put it all together and that's why she killed herself, not just because he threw away her Aryan Dream? I mean, I know I'd kill myself in that situation. :thunk:

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
You know that scene in Excalibur when Morgana is oiling up a naked Mordred? Maybe it's more like that. Just so god drat proud of her sexy perfect boy.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

2nd level spells posted:

You know that scene in Excalibur when Morgana is oiling up a naked Mordred? Maybe it's more like that. Just so god drat proud of her sexy perfect boy.

And as any schoolboy knows, the dick needs the most oiling.

Gotta really grease that piggy up for mama's little sailor.

I'm not happy I typed that, but here we are.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

2nd level spells posted:

Arthurian legend is way more hosed up than the Disney movie leads you to believe. Maybe that's why Merlin went "gently caress this I know where this is going I'm going to the beach."

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Marsupial Ape posted:

My The Deep hot take: the darkly ironic humiliations that are visited upon the Deep are not meant to elicit laughs, but ‘oofs’. I’m sure the Germans have some crazy accurate compound word to describe that feeling.

Among many others, Achewood coined the phrase "rough chuckles", which is 100% on point for this kind of scene.

https://achewood.com/index.php?date=04012002

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Thundercracker posted:

Ashley is killing it. I loved how as she's exiting the room her face drops like "I tried to speak on your people's lingo but you don't even appreciate it."

Also the deep cut of his bio being written by the creator of Downton Abbey

I want to become rich and powerful and then fund an award specifically for "dear God I hate your character so much, they're just the worst, great job!"

Inaugural award goes to Joffrey, obviously. Then to Ashley. Then to half the cast of Ozark

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Nuebot posted:

Hang on, let me just think up the dumbest thing I can, gotta try and meet maeve limb transplant guy a while back:

Y'know, if that does happen next week (and I hope it doesn't), you're all gonna think I'm a goddam witch.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I want to become rich and powerful and then fund an award specifically for "dear God I hate your character so much, they're just the worst, great job!"

Inaugural award goes to Joffrey, obviously. Then to Ashley. Then to half the cast of Ozark

I kinda feel bad for Ashley. She started off as just an executive assistant-type and is in constant fear for her life. Yeah, she's been completely corrupted by the position, but that's kind of like blaming Frodo for not getting rid of the ring. Anyone who tried to survive in her position would get corrupted.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

TwoPair posted:

I'm kinda surprised how easy the fix was for A-train, as in I thought a new heart wouldn't be such an easy fix to his problem. I feel like if they knew that was the case, they would've gotten A-train a transfer a long time ago. I mean come on, it's Vought, you know they can do some shady poo poo to get him to the top of the transfer list. Maybe it had to be a supe heart? But again, that doesn't seem too necessarily hard to come by.

Probably a “gently caress it do a heart transplant,if it fails too bad he was a liability,if it succeeds we’ll just keep him in the dogpen it’s not like he’ll be well enough to ever cause problems again”.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I kinda feel bad for Ashley. She started off as just an executive assistant-type and is in constant fear for her life. Yeah, she's been completely corrupted by the position, but that's kind of like blaming Frodo for not getting rid of the ring. Anyone who tried to survive in her position would get corrupted.

Don't forget that her assistant is also named Ashley, probably for ease of transition when she inevitably dies.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Marsupial Ape posted:

Kevin’s life would be so much better if he just walked into the ocean and never came back. He could just get his dick sucked by consenting sea life for the rest of his natural life.

Also, I just remembered remember that octopuses have razor sharp beaks.

We haven’t seen deeps dick yet,maybe it’s covered in barnacles hahaha i wonder what that looks and smells like hahaha imagine it

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Don't forget that her assistant is also named Ashley, probably for ease of transition when she inevitably dies.

I don’t think she’s going to die, I think Stan Edgar is going to throw her to the wolves when he makes his inevitable return to power. The corporation will extract one last use from her.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

We haven’t seen deeps dick yet,maybe it’s covered in barnacles hahaha i wonder what that looks and smells like hahaha imagine it

Oh God :barf:

I bet he smells like low tide

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

he smells like octopus sex

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TIP posted:

he smells like octopus sex

"Octopussy" was right there, my dude.