Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

B33rChiller

I couldn't convince Peter Parker to give up his warm concrete to teach me a good beans recipe.

Spoonbearers of SA, how you bake beans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinnymansbeerbelly

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I put the pizza into a 550F oven for however long (5-10 min?) with the door closed and then at the end I turn the broiler on and watch it to get that last brown bubblyness.

I tried this

except before I did, I corrected the ratio of garlic to olive oil

freshly made is that much better

between the oven/broil combo, using King Arthur AP, and correcting the garlic ratio, I'm finally getting somewhere with this

obligatory crust and 🐓 shot

I used the parchment paper for launch assist only, because the instructions for the steel say it + broil will set it on fire.

Goons Are Gifts

that looks extremely powerful

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i havent seen a single spoon posted since we arrived here in the forum for goons, allegedly with spoons.

cruft

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That is a mighty fine spoon and countertop. A+

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

nice we have the same countertops

cruft

You said "single spoon" :colbert:

Nice countertop tho

Tebulot

im hip now bois

lovimgly wipes oil on cast iron then gently places it in the dishwasher on the stripping cycle

oh hi there, haha, I didnt see you there
have you ever wondered to yourself, just WHY is my borba batter so flat? why won't my joober jam get the right colour? and WHAT is up with flambin', and just how is that different from a flambe?

were going to cover all this AND MORE, on cookin in the Gornkyverse

Stay tuned :ssh:

Bollock Monkey

The Almighty

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i havent seen a single spoon posted since we arrived here in the forum for goons, allegedly with spoons.

i have the best spoons here so everyone is too intimidated sorry

cruft

Bollock Monkey posted:

Holy cow, you really do.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Those rock!

Dip Viscous

sometimes if i have an hour or two to waste i'll get a rag and some metal polish and see how shiny i can make a random fork or spoon

the shine never lasts long but the process is very zen

biosterous

Bollock Monkey posted:

:eyepop:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Bollock Monkey posted:

Wowza

poverty goat

sure they look nice but good luck stirring the bottom of the soup w/ those things

for fucks sake

Has anyone posted a recipe for wagies yet?

Goons Are Gifts

the rate of recipes itt so far is disturbingly low

Dip Viscous

whatever happened with the goons with spoons wiki? i got some pretty good bread recipes from there ages ago

it's still up but it looks like it hasn't had changes in many years

Cyrano4747

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Goons Are Great posted:

the rate of recipes itt so far is disturbingly low

No recipe but later on today I’m going to pop this fella into the oven.

Buttchocks

I made some chicken & veg curry last night and found out that the pea pods I added are not in fact the edible kind, and did not soften much at all after cooking. I guess I'll just get some extra roughage.

Buttchocks

What's everybody's 4th of July recipe this year?

Mine is a watermelon cut in half with a spoon in it because it's too hot to be ambitious.

Cyrano4747

Buttchocks posted:

Mine is a watermelon cut in half with a spoon in it because it's too hot to be ambitious.

Big loving pork shoulder, slow cooked in a dutch oven for most of the day. I then reduce the juices that run out into a tasty as gently caress sauce.

The rub is basically just a shitload of brown sugar, a bunch of chile powder, a good bit of paprika, and then a bit each of onion powder, cayenne, kosher salt, and black pepper. Cut the skin off (made those into cracklins earlier today), rub it all over, in the fridge overnight, tomorrow it goes in the dutch oven with a couple cups of apple cider vinegar and it sits in the oven really low (I want to say 250 but I need to double check) for like 7 or 8 hours. Pull it out once it's falling apart with a fork tender, reduce the drippings into awesome, consume.

That's about all the recipe I have for it.

kaworu

Buttchocks posted:

I'm making a big-rear end pan-seared bone-in ribeye (https://i.imgur.com/m7TpFmV.jpg) gonna dry-brine it with kosher salt for 36 hours, season liberally with Montreal steak seasoning, then pan-sear it in grapeseed oil with lots of butter along with chopped scallions, rosemary/thyme, and some crushed garlic. Then it's all gonna go in the oven until an internal temp of about ~130 or so is reached, which might take a while on a 3-pound ribeye that's about 2.5 inches thick :)

Last time I did this I was blown away at how tender, flavorful, delicious, and generally all-around awesome it was. Hopefully it'll turn out even better this time!

more falafel please

forums poster

Marinaded a bunch of chicken breasts in adobo/lime/cumin/oregano/paprika/etc and grilled 'em up for tacos last night. Also roasted cauliflower tacos for the veggie folks.

No after photos but the marinade caramelized real nice, got some good char. Friends also brought over corn and we made elotes, which might have been the actual star of the show.

Tonight I think we're doing brats.

Cyrano4747

Power went out a quarter of the way through slow cooking a pork butt.

Saying restored in 2-10 hours.

Fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuck

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Buttchocks posted:

chocolate butter mochi.

around july I start planning desserts for christmas, which need to be a) delicious b) probably containing chocolate c) novel and d) gluten-free for those friends who cannot gluten. easy transport is also a plus. last year I did an orange chocolate flourless cake that was a total pain in the rear end and I couldn't keep from weeping butter, but chocolate butter mochi is a lot easier and the results are absolutely delicious. I think this is what I will go with, along with my usual stock of candied fruits and nuts.

Zil

Cyrano4747 posted:

Wrap it in tinfoil and cook it next to your car's engine.

B33rChiller

Hope you saved yer butt Cyrano.

Happy 4th to all you US goons!

Wroughtirony

Bollock Monkey posted:

We have the same spoons!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Deep dish

Zil

That is a fine lookin 'za

Cyrano4747

Post a recipe for that right now.

Ass-penny

Bollock Monkey posted:

:popeye:

for fucks sake posted:

Has anyone posted a recipe for wagies yet?

what, pray tell, is a wagie?

Buttchocks posted:

I didn't cook today, except for at work. I had lunch with the family, ma made brats, coleslaw, baked beans, chips with sour cream + onion dip. some kind of lemon cake. it was good and I got leftovers. I did help do prep and cooking when I kicked it with some mates saturday, just burgs and home fries over a weber.

Cyrano4747 posted:

fffffffffff here's hoping you were able to save it! bonus points if you cooked it in your engine compartment like the chickNcheese of old.

Zil posted:

That is a fine lookin 'za

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Cyrano4747 posted:

Post a recipe for that right now.
Basically this:
https://www.seriouseats.com/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe
Except I’m lazy and bought the ball of dough from the grocery store, and did 1lb of dough in a 12” skillet instead of ~12oz of dough in a 10” pan.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I'm in a crock pot pulled pork phase right now and drat my house smells so good

Zil

What kind of spices?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Spicy brown and Dijon mustard, brown sugar, smoke paprika, a little cumin, onion and garlic powder, a little thyme, black pepper, some red pepper flakes and some apple cider vinegar

Gramps

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I'm in a crock pot pulled pork phase right now and drat my house smells so good

crock pot pork is one of my secret lazy man power moves. I usually just dump in a jar of salsa, like maybe 1/4 jar of water or stock, Cumin, garlic powder or as much garlic as I can, and maybe some Adobo or Sazon (or just salt and pep). I'm overdue to make it again actually so thanks for the reminder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Spicy brown and Dijon mustard, brown sugar, smoke paprika, a little cumin, onion and garlic powder, a little thyme, black pepper, some red pepper flakes and some apple cider vinegar

drat

just drat