Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Web3 is taking on Stadia

https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1543767354525396992

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It really is the playground ravings of febrile 10 year olds

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

OK but like, if Bitcoin's future is the inverse of its past doesn't that acknowledge that it will crater to worthlessness eventually? Bitcoin didn't exist before 2008, so 9 years out from the "epicenter" of the "big bang" it should cease to exist.

I mean I guess that's still a hopeful prognostication for coiners because that means this poo poo keeps going for another 4 years. I'd really like to see the whole thing entirely dead well before that.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

It will be very, very much more efficient for me to wait for all these scammers to create studios and developers to create games that can be played on these scam trading sites! And it will play those games MORE EFFICIENTLY than the bullshit games of today. ETA 2028, invest now to get 800% ROI per month during development and forever after! Free money forever for nothing! GAEMS

>picks up Nintendo Switch and is playing in 1 button press without having to link a loving bank account<

SO INEFFICIENT IT COULD BE SO MUCH BETTER

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

It is a sequel to a seminal sci-fi series. Yes, it is sci-fi.

This is wrong. The book is not sci-fi

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

The book is both sci-fi and not sci-fi until you read it and force it into one state or the other.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

carticket posted:

The book is both sci-fi and not sci-fi until you read it and force it into one state or the other.

Are there spaceships?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

fez_machine posted:

This is wrong. The book is not sci-fi

To curb the derail: Yes, it is science fiction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychohistorical_Crisis

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BigBadSteve posted:

quote:

Story
Eron Osa had been one of the Pscholars,

groaaaaan

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tnuctip posted:

Are there spaceships?

Theoretically

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Agents are GO! posted:

This is almost exactly the plot of the excellent Psychohistorical Crisis by Donald Kingsbury. It's sequel to, love letter to, and refutation of Asimov's Foundation series.

Yes I want more people to read it. :smith:

It's just the Heisenberg effect.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

pee scholars

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

It is a sequel to a seminal sci-fi series. Yes, it is sci-fi.

He asked if it was sci-if.

No, it is not scientific interactive fiction.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

BigBadSteve posted:

Read the wiki page. It's not sci-fi.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

BigBadSteve posted:

Wikipedia posted:

For a crime he cannot remember, he was sentenced, not to death, but to the removal of his fam
:smith:

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE

BigBadSteve posted:

I can't remember which but I'm certain that article qualifies for at least one of the "this article sucks" flags

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
bitcoin is scifi because its a fictional story about going to the moon

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

So you need a wallet to link to the other blockchains? They'd better implement all the different assets to my special gun in all games.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

lmao still more coherent than that graph

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Weird how it won't drop below 19k. I'm sure the arbitrary round number is a coincidence though.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

They killed he famil???

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The specific grifting with video games is still really funny given you'd think crypto people would be the type who'd know like, the very basics about video games, but instead they keep on trying with these sub Star Citizen/Kickstarter grifts with sales pitches talking about how they'll be able to pay in so many kinds of funbux.

Then again I think they're mostly aimed at other crypto holders, but still.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The specific grifting with video games is still really funny given you'd think crypto people would be the type who'd know like, the very basics about video games, but instead they keep on trying with these sub Star Citizen/Kickstarter grifts with sales pitches talking about how they'll be able to pay in so many kinds of funbux.

Then again I think they're mostly aimed at other crypto holders, but still.

No they may play games but they have absolutely no idea how they are made or the amount of (real) money, time , and effort it takes to make them.

Easier to just have a bullet list of cool ideas with no ideas how to implement anything!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

priznat posted:

No they may play games but they have absolutely no idea how they are made or the amount of (real) money, time , and effort it takes to make them.

Easier to just have a bullet list of cool ideas with no ideas how to implement anything!

coming up with the idea is the hard part. after that you just get some programmers to type the ideas in to the computer and some artists to draw some stuff

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

If you go to their account they admit later that they haven't approached any developer nor started their own developer team to make games for this ouya.eth

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Another exchange suspends withdrawals.

https://www.vauld.com/blog/corporate-statement/

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Foo Diddley posted:

coming up with the idea is the hard part. after that you just get some programmers to type the ideas in to the computer and some artists to draw some stuff

Programming games isn't particularly hard. And with art (writing, art, sound), I suspect quality is based on effort and years of experience.

What makes games hard is pulling all those disparate disciplines together into a single project plan and executing it. (That is to say there have been plenty of popular games that have had janky coding, paint.exe art, and sounds from stock libraries but the key thing is that someone sat down, planned out and then did the work.)

What makes games really hard is filtering out your 500 pages of bad ideas into 3 or 4 good ideas that are actually fun. I've had several ideas that seemed really cool but when I prototyped them it turns out they weren't actually good or interesting or even salvageable. Being an ideas guy is easy, being a good ideas guy is super hard.

And now it's time for my regular 3 hour Deus ex tear down video watching.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Party Ape posted:

Programming 2D games with a single screen and a few moving objects with basic collision detection in Gamemaker or another 3rd party "make your game" tool isn't particularly hard.

lmao, FTFY

c'mon man.

and also...

buttcoin

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Didn't coinflex just die?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

:cawg:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/iamlauwolff/status/1543711460500672513?t=qXoyArmEtN_5vrdZEbKZ7w&s=19

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

this made me cackle, thank you.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

tango alpha delta posted:

lmao, FTFY

c'mon man.

and also...

buttcoin

Sure there have been several games built on gamemaker that have been wildly popular. Unity isn't much harder these days.

And with ten or twenty hours of solid effort anyone can learn enough to churn out a generic FPS in UE5.

That's all pretty irrelevant though because actually having good and fun ideas requires you to be able to critically reflect on your ideas and weed out the bad ones so they've got no chance.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
i dont want to derail the thread any further with game dev talk. I'll message you.

to get back on track, if anyone wants to invest in crypto currency, please send me your money so i can make a youtube/instagram/tiktok video lighting your money on fire.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Why would an exchange need to close down when the coin loses value?

Dont they just hold your money and facilitate sales for a fee?

Your holdings being worth less or people withdrawing more often should only effect their accounts.

Oh thats right because they are all ponzi schemes.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

spunkshui posted:

Why would an exchange need to close down when the coin loses value?

Dont they just hold your money and facilitate sales for a fee?

Your holdings being worth less or people withdrawing more often should only effect their accounts.

Oh thats right because they are all ponzi schemes.

no, no, no, no you've got it all wrong, you buffoon, they are not ponzi schemes, they are PONZI SCHEMES.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

tango alpha delta posted:

no, no, no, no you've got it all wrong, you buffoon, they are not ponzi schemes, they are PONZI SCHEMES.

what a funny way to spell INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE DISCERNING INVESTOR

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

what a funny way to spell INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE DISCERNING INVESTOR

i'm just a bitter old man because i didn't get in on these scams early enough. i really, really wanted to crush people under foot with my financial acumen, but alas and alack, i prefer peaceful sleep instead of taking advantage of people.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Ideas are like arseholes, everyone has them, but it's not polite to show off you've given it a good polish.
It's the work and drive to first turn it into something fun to try, and then progress to something people will pay for is where 99.999% of the effort and cost is.
Writing games is much the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

EorayMel posted:

Screenshotting this in case it somehow vanishes because lol

looks like they are pushing a hodlcentric model of earth but I am more of a fiat earth guy