Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shaggar posted:

i worked at dennys

did you work at the one near the bus terminal / acela terminal in portland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yes. I was a prep cook there for a summer in high school.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shaggar posted:

see

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

the floor of dennys is greasy and you can slide your feet around on it. at least the dennys ive been to

they literally just didnt exist around where i grew up. even now there's literally two, closest being ~6 mi away in manhattan and if i use my childhood address from nj as a starting point that is still the closest but juuust outside a 50 mi radius

ngl never felt a compelling need to go

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

i didnt have alot of access to the butter. mostly i mixed pancake batter and chopped vegetables

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i find that hard to believe

vegetables, at a denny's…

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Shaggar posted:

i didnt have alot of access to the butter. mostly i mixed pancake batter and chopped vegetables

after i moved to boston i met people that had actually been to dennys and as described it sounds like a giant greasy trough frequented by incredibly demanding dregs inebriated on various substances that are irrationally upset about their fine dining experience

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

i find that hard to believe

vegetables, at a denny's…

the supplier was a local company using maine produce.

Beeftweeter posted:

after i moved to boston i met people that had actually been to dennys and as described it sounds like a giant greasy trough frequented by incredibly demanding dregs inebriated on various substances that are irrationally upset about their fine dining experience

the denny's i worked at had a history of people getting shot in it, but i dont think thats happened in a long time. the food itself was fine, especially if you stick to the breakfast stuff. all standard diner fare

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Denny's isn't very good but it IS open at 3am

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shaggar posted:

ive been to that same dennys several times. it’s the only thing i know to be open in that area after the last bus from boston arrives

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

in fact, after a 16+ hour flight followed by a 2.5 hour bus ride to portland, that particular dennys hits the spot

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

that's cuz Bickford's was the weapon of choice

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

dennys was the only place within walking distance of my dorm that was both open 24hrs and not a convenience store. i ate a lot of drunken dennys.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shaggar posted:

the supplier was a local company using maine produce.

the denny's i worked at had a history of people getting shot in it, but i dont think thats happened in a long time. the food itself was fine, especially if you stick to the breakfast stuff. all standard diner fare

yeah, at a time the one that opened in my hometown was decent, too. i'm not sure if the menu changed, or they had limited options for the time of day, but the menu was greasy diner dishes and not much looked fresh, or tasted it, a few years ago

i think it lost the seniors and families crowd that made it so successful in our neck of the woods. after that, it was left being the only option besides taco bell for late-night food

pretty much:

nudgenudgetilt posted:

dennys was the only place within walking distance of my dorm that was both open 24hrs and not a convenience store. i ate a lot of drunken dennys.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i kinda want a diner breakfast but it'll have to wait until next weekend thread. there's a good local spot by me that did a decent steak and eggs

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

we have denny's but also a similar place called ram's horn that was 24 hours. one of them burned down twice and is now a field

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
denver had Breakfast King, which was an iconic 24 hour greasy spoon diner with decor that wasn't updated after 1975, covid hit, the chud owners treated their employees like poo poo and put up NoBoDY wAnTs tO wOrK rants on the door and closed forever a couple weeks later. Just absolutely threw it in the trash.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

just got up and getting into the shower to get ready for work on this Tuesday morning. it is forever weekend in my mind

or, forever Tuesday morning…

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTFDG0tEYtQ

:smugmrgw:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Had a delicious cheddar brat and watching Miami blow their lead against the Walgreens Nationals

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
got a second booster, and took a friend with me for his first so i could hold his hand through the "scared of needles" part.

then got my cock pierced, and that was fun.

then played board games with gays and had a lovely sunday dinner.

today is chill out and go grill a sausage with pals.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Video Nasty posted:

the Walgreens Nationals

THANK YOU, i though I was the only one

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

oh man waking up to the news in Illinois what the hell is wrong with some people

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Moo Cowabunga posted:

oh man waking up to the news in Illinois what the hell is wrong with some people

spill the tea

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

another mass shooting

this time during a 4th of July parade

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

dang sorry to hear that

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

ultravoices posted:

got a second booster, and took a friend with me for his first so i could hold his hand through the "scared of needles" part.

then got my cock pierced, and that was fun.

then played board games with gays and had a lovely sunday dinner.

today is chill out and go grill a sausage with pals.

did you bring the scared of needles guy to the piercing place? lmao

i can't imagine getting a first booster just now. i've had three and covid proper once since the first booster

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Moo Cowabunga posted:

another mass shooting

this time during a 4th of July parade

sad but also entirely unsurprising

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i've gotten four boosters and one mega booster only available to immunocompromised hospital patients. i have become coronavirus

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i fell behind at some point, i'm only on 2 boosters

guess i know what i'm doing tomorrow lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ciaphas posted:

i fell behind at some point, i'm only on 2 boosters

you're not behind unless you're over 50

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I accidentally I got two flu vaccines

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

we spent most of the weekend at my in laws in the pool, then we spent a long time trying to get a family picture and then cutesy pictures of the kids holding baby clothes that matched their outfits for a baby announcement

they’re very excited and keep asking me and the missus if the baby is ready yet or if it wants food or water, and they have little baby dolls they like to practice changing nappies on to be ready for their new sibling :kimchi:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

we spent most of the weekend at my in laws in the pool, then we spent a long time trying to get a family picture and then cutesy pictures of the kids holding baby clothes that matched their outfits for a baby announcement

they’re very excited and keep asking me and the missus if the baby is ready yet or if it wants food or water, and they have little baby dolls they like to practice changing nappies on to be ready for their new sibling :kimchi:

i am a PUNK for this and many other reasons

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Beeftweeter posted:

did you bring the scared of needles guy to the piercing place? lmao

i can't imagine getting a first booster just now. i've had three and covid proper once since the first booster

i did and he described the activity as "very gory"

i got my second booster while i was there-- my first was in november so i figure it's only a matter of time before they tell everyone to go get second boosters.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

watched everything everywhere all at once (excellent), starship troopers (good), and am now playing ff7 remake (also good)

and ate a lasagna (great)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im currently walking the fine line between being sober and being not sober
tomorrow im probably gonna get hosed up though because i dont work wednesdays

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you mean your high

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

fart simpson posted:

you mean your high

what about my high, buster!!!!!
no im pretty sober actually the backs of my eyes just feel a little heavy which doesnt really make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I am enjoying neighborhood black market fireworks