Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, that’s reaching. Whether or not he shows up, this hair has nothing to do with it.

Yeah, he wore a wig in his last story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
NPH is amazingly menacing in this shot. I love it!

https://twitter.com/tor_chwood/status/1537764295462756352

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

The_Doctor posted:

His hair always looks like that though. It did in Morbius.

Morbin' Time and Relative Dimensions in Space

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

NPH is amazingly menacing in this shot. I love it!

https://twitter.com/tor_chwood/status/1537764295462756352

Wonder what pop song is gonna accompany that sequence.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/_spacerose/status/1539325874184626177

https://twitter.com/chaosplanet98/status/1537066230502330368

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Chanya Button has revealed she’s the next director, seemingly confirming the 3 60th specials thing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is that also going to be the new word mark/ logo?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Probably not, it’s one of the Jurassic Park fonts.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Figure out a way to make the next logo look like a WWE logo

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

How often do they change the logo anyway?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Probably not, it’s one of the Jurassic Park fonts.

Doctor Who 60th/Jurassic Park cross-over confirmed.

And you thought Dinosaurs on a Spaceship would never get a follow up.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

AndyElusive posted:

Doctor Who 60th/Jurassic Park cross-over confirmed.

And you thought Dinosaurs on a Spaceship would never get a follow up.

Third, Eleventh, and Twelfth Doctors confirmed for the 60th, since they all had interactions with dinosaurs

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

How often do they change the logo anyway?

At the very least, I think it's happened every time there's been a change of showrunner.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i like when they change the theme song and for a while I can't tell if it's different or I'm just remembering it wrong.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Khanstant posted:

i like when they change the theme song and for a while I can't tell if it's different or I'm just remembering it wrong.

The Tennant era did this all the time. Sitting there listening like 'Has he added drum beats?"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

The Tennant era did this all the time. Sitting there listening like 'Has he added drum beats?"

The bass decreased as Russel's series went on

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'd like to pretend I didn't just watch all of that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5HXjlFzCBo

This is from a few weeks ago. Did we know this? I didn't know this.

If you can't watch, Eccleston says he "recorded" something for the 60th, and the main reason he did it was to work with David Warner. Which is a double "whoa" from me.

edit: Oh, I just realized it's Big Finish. I'm dumb. Still cool, but I was thinking it was for the show. Never mind.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The title of the special is The Power of the Doctor

So when do Evil of the Doctor, Death to the Doctor, and The Doctor's Master Plan drop?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I know it’s a oft-beaten argument now, but I wish they didn’t keep doing stories about the Doctor.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

The_Doctor posted:

I know it’s a oft-beaten argument now, but I wish they didn’t keep doing stories about the Doctor.

There's an annoying tendency among fanboys (whether regular ones or elevated ones, like most of the revival's showrunners are) not just to explain everything, but to over-explain everything. That's how you end up with Wookieepedia having entries on what every single button on Darth Vader's suit does, or the Timeless Child actually being a concept that makes it to air.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rah rah…

https://twitter.com/13th_doctor_off/status/1569995638858817537

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Gotta say, I still love the Last Cyberman and CyberLords designs.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i didn't bother watching flux because chibnall got too dumb but i'll watch another outing with Dhawan as the master he's great

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I enjoyed Steven Moffat's anecdote about Dhawan casually mentioning "tissue compression eliminator" when talking about being on the show, and Moffat immediately knowing who he was playing

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Just a small rumour I just saw on tiktok about some clues pointing towards Karren Gillian being in the 60th. Based on owls being recently featured in rtds and gillans and on a clapper board. https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSR9Vf6QV/

Hope it's true! But it might just be a coincidence.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So, Mel might be back? On the radio this morning, they mentioned something about Bonnie Langford returning to Who, and I assume they don’t mean Big Finish because she’s been doing that for 20 years.

I wonder if we’re getting a female companion tour de force.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

So, Mel might be back? On the radio this morning, they mentioned something about Bonnie Langford returning to Who, and I assume they don’t mean Big Finish because she’s been doing that for 20 years.

I wonder if we’re getting a female companion tour de force.

I saw a tweet this morning where apparently Bonnie was talking about Big Finish; it just got jumbled up in the reporting

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cool, literally 22 years late!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Tardis_Central/status/1578513743331237888

Well, that explains the blue diamond promo posts...

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"And in years to come you might find yourself revisiting a few. But just the old favorites, eh?"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The diamond is back! :D

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If it's true, it'll be interesting to see what the revamped Big Finish covers will look like. Will they go back to the Black Bar covers? Will they use the stacked one (which they kind of do already for the reverse Fourth Doctor covers)? Or the horizontal?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hell yeah, the diamond rules.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Always hated the diamond. Current logo was the best so far imo.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I like the diamond but this sure doesn’t fight the perception that creativity is dead in tv and film these days.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The press release for the Blu-ray of the Power of the Doctor mentions a special farewell to Jodie Whittaker and Mandip Gill, but no mention of John Bishop. Has he mentioned anything about sticking around?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

The press release for the Blu-ray of the Power of the Doctor mentions a special farewell to Jodie Whittaker and Mandip Gill, but no mention of John Bishop. Has he mentioned anything about sticking around?

Probably not. Maybe he just wasn’t available for filming?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I guess I should have specified that these are bonus features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Sounds like he might be sticking around for a season with the Fourteenth Doctor, if there's no farewell feature for him.