Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

You're more insufferable than the guy you're yelling at, hth

Oh yeah I remember somebody mentioning watching out for sales on those, I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks!

Edited this in for easy finding later, thanks! How much flavour does the turmeric add though? Don't think I've seen that in a smoothie before

You might be able to taste it a little bit, it’s not dominant. I like the combination of chocolate and turmeric, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Interesting, thanks! I don't think I've ever tried turmeric and chocolate, sounds kinda good

And don't reveal my superhero identity of the SuperTaster please, can't have anyone know

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fun fact: tumeric is a strong enough dye that it fucks with biochemical assays, which is why it gets touted as a health food so often: you need serious biochem chops to work with it and the lovely journals will publish anything so lotsa peeps publish stuff w bad methods

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

jisforjosh posted:

1. I don't have a spot in the house that it would fit.
2. I'm sure they would charge me the $3500~ difference

Did you have a hard time returning it? I would have spent a day doing the "Why don't I keep it? Maybe they won't notice!" even though I also don't have room in my apartment for an 83" television, just because of ~The Value~. Oh, sure, I don't want or need it, and am risking having some kind of expensive run in with a large company because of it, but ~The Value~ is... so... Valuey.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Refilled eggs at Costco today. Was dangerously low on egg

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

mysterious frankie posted:

Did you have a hard time returning it? I would have spent a day doing the "Why don't I keep it? Maybe they won't notice!" even though I also don't have room in my apartment for an 83" television, just because of ~The Value~. Oh, sure, I don't want or need it, and am risking having some kind of expensive run in with a large company because of it, but ~The Value~ is... so... Valuey.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 6, 2022

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I believe under the UCC you are legally allowed to just keep the wrong TV they gave you without an upcharge, barring some contract to the contrary.

quote:

§ 2-601. Buyer's Rights on Improper Delivery.

Subject to the provisions of this Article on breach in installment contracts (Section 2-612) and unless otherwise agreed under the sections on contractual limitations of remedy (Sections 2-718 and 2-719), if the goods or the tender of delivery fail in any respect to conform to the contract, the buyer may

(a) reject the whole; or

(b) accept the whole; or

(c) accept any commercial unit or units and reject the rest.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just bought a nutribullet and took it out and filled the box full of potatoes and returned it, thanks whoever upthread gave me the idea. Sorry to whoever ends up paying $99 for a box of potatoes.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

bird with big dick posted:

I just bought a nutribullet and took it out and filled the box full of potatoes and returned it, thanks whoever upthread gave me the idea. Sorry to whoever ends up paying $99 for a box of potatoes.

The extra value is the enjoyment you get, imagining the next guy rolling back up to returns with a Nutribullet box of potatoes, saying "It was like this when I opened it" and getting just the biggest side-eye you can imagine

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

mysterious frankie posted:

Wasn't hard, they apparently had 2 TV's to deliver in my area and had somehow swapped labels, so I called them and they were already on their way back after the other guy raised poo poo over getting the wrong TV

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Amazon wouldn't price match me on a set of 2 new twin dell monitors where the price dropped like $100 like 7 days after I ordered them. I talked to a rep and she started arguing with me about the cost of price matching which is something Amazon used to do, and even when I demonstrated mathematically that no, Amazon would not go out of business if they kept price matching, she just kept arguing.

I was pissed off, so I "returned" the monitors while ordering a new pair at the cheaper price, then just sent back 2 old monitors I had instead of the new dells.

A powerful blow struck against the fortunes of Jeff Bezos and Amazon, they are definitely trembling in their market caps.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm sorry but you are going to crime jail

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Soul Dentist posted:

I'm sorry but you are going to crime jail

I don't want to work at an Amazon workhouse.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

norp posted:

Just need to say that I think I need to stop buying the giant bags of Costco pistachios... They are just too good and I can't stop eating them

The chili kind? Because those are amazing.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Laterite posted:

the main flaw of those black/yellow stacker bins is that the lids are fragile dogshit that crack if you look at them wrong

Are they that bad? I kind of got that impression after handling them a little bit. Oh well, hopefully I use them so infrequently it'll never matter.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

My wife and I just had a romantic candlelight dinner at home consisting of a pepperoni pizza from the Costco food court and Kirkland Signature bottled water.

I mean, our power went out in a severe thunderstorm last night and didn't come back on until an hour ago or so. At any rate, Costco was there for us in our time of need, PBUC.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Meaty Ore posted:

Costco was there for us in our time of need

And it always will be

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Barry posted:

Are they that bad? I kind of got that impression after handling them a little bit. Oh well, hopefully I use them so infrequently it'll never matter.

I don’t know if they’re that bad. We have like 10 of them and we’ve had 1 lid break and we were abusing it pretty well via an overstuffed box with something sitting on top of it. We would have returned it but it was probably past a year and had been outside getting brittle in the sun.

I will say this: if you have a business center nearby they have some that are exactly the same but half the length and those are awesome. You can even stack them on top of the big ones perfectly. A++, would store stuff again

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

The chili kind? Because those are amazing.

Nah just the plain ones, but they are a MUCH higher quality nut than the ones sold by other supermarkets in Australia.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

I returned the dog 'n soda with some chewed up paper towels and a cup of my pee. Gotta make that 1.50 stretch

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
Did they stop carrying the Little Giant ladder?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Is calling church to check stock level on a TV a thing?

Yup, and they can check the stock at other stores in your area too. It's a good idea to ask in case they're low on stock and could sell out before you arrive. There were only like 3 in stock when I bought a TV from my local Costco, but I knew another nearby store would had more, as a backup. Electronics can sell out in a heartbeat.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Woodsy Owl posted:

Did they stop carrying the Little Giant ladder?

no but last time i was there it wasn't on sale (down from 200 to 150) which was a first

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

That Little Giant ladder is absolutely worth it even at full price. It's amazing.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

norp posted:

Just need to say that I think I need to stop buying the giant bags of Costco pistachios... They are just too good and I can't stop eating them

Freeze them in ziplocs, they will last forever and they taste even better frozen so you'll eat more. Thanks for the reminder that I have them, going to go eat some now.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I bought the little giant ladder on sale for $150 online a few weeks ago and it took forever to ship. Customer service cited demand for it was really high and they didn’t have enough stock. But then I was at my local Costco last week and saw it selling for $180 so who knows.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

namlosh posted:

I don’t know if they’re that bad. We have like 10 of them and we’ve had 1 lid break and we were abusing it pretty well via an overstuffed box with something sitting on top of it. We would have returned it but it was probably past a year and had been outside getting brittle in the sun.

I will say this: if you have a business center nearby they have some that are exactly the same but half the length and those are awesome. You can even stack them on top of the big ones perfectly. A++, would store stuff again

Agreed, I have like a dozen of them between te big and small sizes and mine are all in good shape. The one that sees the most abuse has my tailgating gear in it and it's fine.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
Does anyone's Costco actually ever carry clothing in S size? I always see M and larger, especially in underwear.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

dms666 posted:

Does anyone's Costco actually ever carry clothing in S size? I always see M and larger, especially in underwear.

No but they sell $1.50 Hot Dogs. The solution is simple.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Even M can be hard to find sometimes

ZeGoggles
Jun 6, 2022

dms666 posted:

You should come to mine. All they have are S, L, and XL. No mediums to be found.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

dms666 posted:

they usually have more sizes online, which has been my solution in the past if i find something there i like but not in my size

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Midniter posted:

That Little Giant ladder is absolutely worth it even at full price. It's amazing.

I have a little giant ladder and I hate it. It’s heavy as poo poo and a pain in the rear end to move around.

Mine is several years old so maybe they’ve gotten better but I’d rather just have two ladders, one big telescoping and one small a-frame

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

dms666 posted:

I'm in the Midwest so S is not available as a size at my local Costcos

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
PBUC for the 65" LG C1. Our cats approve wholeheartedly.

Now I just need some black felt or something for the underside of that shelf to cutdown on the reflection

Edit: For Costco Shop Card promos it takes a couple of weeks for them to email you the digital card right?

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 8, 2022

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I booked an Alaska Cruise through Costco Travel and the reward card is due 14 days after we get back. Now excuse me it is time for round 5 at the desert buffet.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bagmonkey posted:

I'm in the USA so S is not available as a size at Costco

:negative:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I've heard the nation of California has the coveted "S"

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

bagmonkey posted:

I've heard the nation of California has the coveted "S"

And we have relatively few XL's, much to the dismay of my ample goonbody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong
That's wild. L seems to be the standard size here in AK. Cozy.