Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
at one job I did not have admin rights on my laptop for the first month I worked there. I was emailing a coworker Java code and having them compile it while I mostly did pm stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

have you considered doing your job in a way that does not require local admin privileges

but doctor, i am the local admin

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

just skipped ~7k posts whaddup.

Kenny Logins posted:

cjs: first week of newjob went pretty great :yotj: my new boss is a family man too and is incredibly chill. very flexible times for coming in and going home, and for working from home etc. my new office is nice and has a great view and western light. the work is interesting and just the right amount of challenging

awesome glad your new job is going good kenny!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
ty garbo and diox and likely several others :unsmith:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: just finished my fourth week in my new security engineering role, really enjoying it my new boss is chill af compared to my last one. we've also moved into a brand-new super secret office, i managed to snag a desk at the back which is cool. the work is interesting and i can already see a lot of opportunities to do some cool poo poo. oh also the dress code is non-existent so we all just wear casual, so glad to ditch the shirt and slacks.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

c "work" pc s:

metaphorical rain status: not stopping

email support@yourcompany.domain and then stop working until you get a reply

also if the clock shows any time outside 9am-5pm and you're doing any sort of work poo poo log your time and find some way to bill it so you get paid

do not do a millisecond of work without logging it in some way that results in your bank account getting larger

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jul 9, 2022

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
c intern s: work stress followed me home. i hate work! pivoting my retirement strategy to winning the lottery now

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

work: it's the pits!!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

c meds s: took em

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hbag posted:

c meds s: took em

noice. i just got suspended from twitter for challenging elon musk to a fight. filed an appeal but failing that :rip: i guess

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
cjs in the park drinking iced coffee and nappingg

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

noice. i just got suspended from twitter for challenging elon musk to a fight. filed an appeal but failing that :rip: i guess

Haha as soon as I saw that I knew you were gonna get got

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

it is absolutely disgusting the lengths they go to appease and protect rich dickheads on their platform all whilst wholly ignoring real actual abuse from fascists and bigots

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pile Of Garbage posted:

it is absolutely disgusting the lengths they go to appease and protect rich dickheads on their platform all whilst wholly ignoring real actual abuse from fascists and bigots

microcosm of the country but it’s a bit hell world

cls: drinking coffee

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i mean genuinely what were you expecting when you quite literally said you were going to cave his skull in with a hammer
i hate the guy too but if you didnt expect to get suspended i dont know what to tell you

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

threatening the world's richest man as part of a joke challenge to a fight was a mistake. if i'd just been a regular fascist bigot then i'd be fine.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you should have threatened a regular person, then they'd give you a blue check

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pile Of Garbage posted:

up yours, woke moralists! we’ll see who cancel who

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

god drat suspended again!!!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

log off of twitter and stop fantasizing about committing murder hth

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i'll never logoff

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Kazinsal posted:

email support@yourcompany.domain and then stop working until you get a reply

also if the clock shows any time outside 9am-5pm and you're doing any sort of work poo poo log your time and find some way to bill it so you get paid

do not do a millisecond of work without logging it in some way that results in your bank account getting larger

nah i mostly use it for things other than work hence the quotes, this looks like it was the plug it was plugged into being a piece of poo poo rather than anything else

akadajet posted:

log off of twitter and stop fantasizing about committing murder hth

who wouldn't go for a little regicide

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

akadajet posted:

log off of twitter

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: apparently one of my cousins got murder-suicided in her trailer recently. that's a new one for me :staredog:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

jesus

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yikes

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Jesus, that's awful

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

prefect posted:

cls: apparently one of my cousins got murder-suicided in her trailer recently. that's a new one for me :staredog:

what the gently caress

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
jesus, sorry prefect

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Fuckin hell, that sucks, prefect

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

good lord wtf i'm sorry prefect :(

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i stilll can’t believe adult swim cancelled joe pera. maybe the best show in decades

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
my condolences prefect, that's awful

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
gently caress

condolences

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
wait what

what the gently caress

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bump_fn posted:

wait what

what the gently caress

pretty grim, but it made the news: (not nsfw, necessarily, but not pleasant): https://www.boston25news.com/news/local/authorities-identify-husband-wife-who-died-murder-suicide-new-hampshire/DCTO5KRPY5AEXJPL75PLFZ77QI/

sorry to bring the thread down. heck of a url, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sorry to hear that prefect, that’s real messed up :smith: