Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

yogizh posted:

What about the mayonnaise guy? What's his story?

One person being lovely does not excuse another person being lovely. I'd like to know their story too here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don't know the exact situation, but it is important that people know that a common factor in every single domestic abuse case, and it's that the abusers friends "can't believe it!" because "they have always seemed like such a nice person!" Abusers are very very good at having a public face and a private face and all this "innocent until proven guilty" is always going to go against the victim, which is why the court of public opinion never works.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Jenrai posted:

Authorities harassing women into backing down then using them to say "see? It was never true!"? No, how could it be?

No see if something happened and I don’t like what it says about me or my friends then I’ll just play really dumb and oblivious until loud noise stop.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
I am exclusively talking about this
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/vvzgh3/gsf_leaders_sit_on_stalking_report_for_months_ban/ifotw3x/?context=3
Again, I dont think its reasonable to expect that you can just say "this guy is creepy" and expect that they will get immediately banned without any verification.
If you sent transcripts/screenshots/included details of what was said to you in person, then obviously I am out of line here, but that isnt what you wrote on reddit.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Grinch posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/vvzgh3/gsf_leaders_sit_on_stalking_report_for_months_ban/ifotw3x/?context=3
Again, I dont think its reasonable to expect that you can just say "this guy is creepy" and expect that they will get immediately banned without any verification.
If you sent transcripts/screenshots/included details of what was said to you in person, then obviously I am out of line here, but that isnt what you wrote on reddit.

See above and gently caress all the way off. <3

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
What's wrong with saying "hey wow sorry for doing a stupid thing ill try to do better in the future!"

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021

yogizh posted:

What about the mayonnaise guy? What's his story?

Whataboutism is not the look.

I'm a cis white male evangelical.
I basically grew up in Mayberry in church.
My head will probably never stop spinning from the cultural change that has happened in my life time.

But I care about people, and if we care about people, we have to learn the language of caring.

"Where are the corp females" and "mayonnaise" is not the language of caring in a diverse context.

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Mr. Grinch posted:

My dude she literally said that she told everyone in illum and was ignored. And now you're berating her for not telling them hard enough

You are part of the problem

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Sickening posted:

Is this victim blaming or am I just reading this post wrong?

victim of what? we havent even estabished what actually happened, unlike with Wolf

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

KerenskyWhite posted:

One person being lovely does not excuse another person being lovely. I'd like to know their story too here.

Exactly.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Mr. Grinch posted:

victim of what? we havent even estabished what actually happened, unlike with Wolf

I am a victim of these posts holy jesus. :yikes:

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Grinch posted:

Yeah, and you need to go do your own research instead of expecting me to spoon feed you.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mr. Grinch posted:

yeh she does not have to tell you that, she said she reported a problem directly to leadership and it wasn't dealt with, we accept that as truth and now it's on that group of people to explain why they chose to ignore her.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

yogizh posted:

Exactly.

You can't really be this dense, can you?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Mittens has frequently talked about how when something he doesn't normally have to deal with comes to his attention then his default reaction is shooting everyone involved.

Like, maybe this particular scenario wasn't what he had in mind when he said that, but Random Line Member #8593 doesn't necessarily know that.

i also directly spoke with him and had his word the situation was being handled properly right before he spouted some poo poo about "some wounded birds aren't worth trying to rescue" then erased everyone and everything involved so no he isn't really worth trying to contact directly

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FatCow posted:

You can't really be this dense, can you?

have u ever met a goon

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

have u ever met a goon

He was just visiting.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I just want to let people know that we trust yogizh to drop cyno jammers and citadels and somehow he’s this loving stupid

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

have u ever met a goon

Pretty sure I met u

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
All the brainpower he’d use on not being an unfunny european is instead used on “how to orient a fortizar”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It is entirely possible that I met Remedial and Deadtear at early goon/eve meets when I was in -LV- but was too stoned to remember.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Solus posted:

I just want to let people know that we trust yogizh to drop cyno jammers and citadels and somehow he’s this loving stupid

That trust is earned, probably a very foreign concept to you.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FirstnameLastname posted:

i also directly spoke with him and had his word the situation was being handled properly right before he spouted some poo poo about "some wounded birds aren't worth trying to rescue" then erased everyone and everything involved so no he isn't really worth trying to contact directly

Logs?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

edit: petty, gently caress it

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Mr. Grinch posted:

idk why anyone assumes the punishment for "things that might be up for some interpretation because we're all kinda weird nerds" has to be banning.

Like, I'm not gonna speak for any of the people having to deal with this, but I suspect: "hey, we don't claim to know the whole story here but we're not the goddamn police either, so: don't talk to this person, don't DM them, don't use our platform to reference them, or the next time this comes up, you _will_ get the boot" is, y'know, a decent middleground that sets expectations so that if the behavior doesn't stop, well, the airlock option had clear conditions set.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

yogizh posted:

That trust is earned, probably a very foreign concept to you.

Lmao

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Mr. Grinch posted:

edit: petty, gently caress it

As if everyone doesn't know exactly what you deleted.

If you can't see the difference between constantly asking women who are reporting harassment for more proof and asking for chat logs of an internet personality being accused of being dismissive/derogatory there truly is no hope for you.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Yogizh you post like you own a second-hand waterbed, please don’t talk to me about trust being a foreign concept you absolute dipshit

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

learnincurve posted:

I don't know the exact situation, but it is important that people know that a common factor in every single domestic abuse case, and it's that the abusers friends "can't believe it!" because "they have always seemed like such a nice person!" Abusers are very very good at having a public face and a private face and all this "innocent until proven guilty" is always going to go against the victim, which is why the court of public opinion never works.

This.

I'm involved in a similar process elsewhere right now, and I'm finding that this thread is well timed for me. Seeing a parallel process unfold in which I am not invested (but my sympathies go out to those who are) is actually giving me better clarity. I will say that whereas privacy is crucial at some stages, should a finding of wrong doing be made, continued silence only serves to marginalize the accuser/victim and possibly even empower the abuser. And the process had better be transparent and clearly spelled out so that when it goes necessarily silent trust can be maintained.

Wish I had a dollar for each person who has expressed shock, that they thought the accused "was one of the good ones!"

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FatCow posted:

Pretty sure I met u

so you know the answer is yes then duh

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

yogizh posted:

Hi, I have been disciplined, I have been r/o, I am an edgy clown. Many times.

The major difference that is obviously beyond comprehension of some people here is that I have never personally attacked anyone over race, gender, or else. I am not like that.

Do you seriously think a homophobe would spend hundreds if not thousands hours in fleets led by my dear gay FCs? Well you all can think whatever you want and I will defend your right to do so.

Yes sometimes my jokes suck and are unfunny or little offensive, but claiming I am a nazi transphobic whatever without ever talking to me EVER is childish. Too bad. If I ever harassed someone, please show me when and who it was. I will apologize, if you have nothing, please do shut up about it.

Expecting the rest of the planet to be superwoke according to your standards is detached from reality. It might be like that one day, who knows. Pushing too hard has exactly the opposite effects as desired, so good luck with that. If you can't see how Goonswarm changed in the last decade because you came back last year and then rage quit over :ccp: being poo poo, that is not my problem.

Also it is not my fault that Delta is annoying every imaginable director that actually does poo poo for the people, or that FNLN is a thief. My concern in Eve is to play a spaceship game, make sure we are a good team with good people. When I see random idiots from the past coming in and bitching about everything, demotivating people and blowing poo poo out of proportion I am not going to be silent, spent way too much time building up, not tearing down.

People will not change their minds, I don't blame them, they are set in their ways, changing the language and still being a total ignorant rear end in a top hat makes no difference for me.

There are people who owe me an apology and I am willing to accept.

No one is going to apologize to you, holy poo poo. The only reason I didn't hit your last posts harder is because there's a standing policy from SA admins that we only punish behavior on the forums and not poo poo that happens via in-game chat, on goon discords, whatever. While it kind of makes sense, it also makes it look like I'm tacitly endorsing your transphobic bullshit by not calling it out via probe/ban.

Consider this the official call out.

I have zero tolerance here for transphobia or victim blaming. By importing your drama here, you now made it my problem. Knock it off.

As far as the whole issue that started this, I'm fairly sure that most mods here post-Lowtax are inclined to believe victims of harassment. Especially since this has now happened multiple times with your leadership. Sincerely, I wish you all the best of luck in figuring out a process to handle these sorts of allegations better in the future. Revamping toxic cultures and practices is tough but super important, and thank you to the people ITT who have been willing to call out the issues.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

learnincurve posted:

It is entirely possible that I met Remedial and Deadtear at early goon/eve meets when I was in -LV- but was too stoned to remember.

i only went to i think 3 dc meets and they were all goonfleet

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

This.

I'm involved in a similar process elsewhere right now, and I'm finding that this thread is well timed for me. Seeing a parallel process unfold in which I am not invested (but my sympathies go out to those who are) is actually giving me better clarity. I will say that whereas privacy is crucial at some stages, should a finding of wrong doing be made, continued silence only serves to marginalize the accuser/victim and possibly even empower the abuser. And the process had better be transparent and clearly spelled out so that when it goes necessarily silent trust can be maintained.

Wish I had a dollar for each person who has expressed shock, that they thought the accused "was one of the good ones!"

Been through the process of discovering that one of my close friends victimized multiple mutual friends. Stopped associating with them and made sure that (within the victim's boundaries) everyone knew why. If you continue to stand with abusers or even just let them continue going about their business while saying nothing you empower them, as they see no consequences.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002

Were you at that one that was held in the bar that was closing soon? In Alexandria I think. The locals were pretty sad about it.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

At this point, I'm willing to risk my own rear end and sanity to run or help run whatever kind of space EEO gets put into place.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I was at iceland and UK meets, and it's entirely possible that my brain has mashed up in-game and real life stuff from that period. I definitely met remedial in a "is that the leader of goonswarm what? ok well brave choice of hats dude" moment

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
i said this elsewhere but if your response to 'i feel unsafe and creeped out' is anything but 'how can we help'

you should really not be in charge of anything anywhere

somedude34
Oct 21, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

What's wrong with saying "hey wow sorry for doing a stupid thing ill try to do better in the future!"

No it's better then that they got told in no uncertain terms if they do this stupid thing it will start a thermonuclear melt down that will chain react but they still did a stupid thing.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FatCow posted:

Were you at that one that was held in the bar that was closing soon? In Alexandria I think. The locals were pretty sad about it.

Maybe? Big place, 2 stories I think? I think you were there and had on a dress shirt, possibly a chunky watch, I think maybe with a date? It might not have been you but it stuck out in comparison to the rest of the company

I wanna say vr's wife was there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

Kaysette posted:

By importing your drama here, you now made it my problem. Knock it off.

In this case I should absolutely apologize for posting it here, too.