Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

holy gently caress can both sides just shut the gently caress up and gently caress off, this thread has had more posts in the last 24 hours than the reddit and helldump threads combined what the gently caress is wrong with all of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

shutupandshave posted:

Feels like time for me to pop in and say hi.

That's a hell of monkey paw you're playing with there.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Bigbillthaboss posted:

save yourself and turn around

you can go with him lmao

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

what, the guy who does racist accents on theta comms?

gonna need to narrow it down a bit more

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

FirstnameLastname posted:

ya Roy was an awful poster (he'd be the first to admit it) but he put in a lot of work for the two orgs that are most responsible for him ultimately killing himself, the US military and Goonfleet. He's the 'PEOPLE OF RISE!' guy.
Roy was a sweetheart of a human being who'd lived through the worst of iirc Anbar province 2004-5 as the pointman entering houses. He'd talked once about how he had to shoot 12yokids who pointed AKs at him/his team and stuff like that, that the dead people haunted him in his nightmares. He had been through hell, but he was a really nice guy.
l remember how casually he'd go 'ope, getting mortared, back in a bit' when he was still over there

GIJoeDirtbag was the guy who tried to daterape myrtar's wife while staying at their home (yes, THAT myrtar, goonloadout.jpg - who I'd known since the year 2002, lol)

BobFromMarketing was the director who groomed a 16 yo girl who was in the corp, got her to take nude pictures & videos for him and was only kicked after his victim publicized it because nobody was doing anything about him

~Know Your Goons~

IIRC the girl BobFromMarketing was grooming was 14. "It's legal in Iceland." :wtc:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

lovely tuna snatch posted:

holy gently caress can both sides just shut the gently caress up and gently caress off, this thread has had more posts in the last 24 hours than the reddit and helldump threads combined what the gently caress is wrong with all of you

we don't believe in not postin, kid

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

tyvm

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Personally I'm still trying to wrap my head around what the gently caress happened in the first place. All I've been able to figure out is "Someone harassed the leader of Sirenswarm, the directorate did not immediately execute the harasser, and now we're dunking on the idiots involved in that decision." I think there was some related goonfucking as well?

In which case, yeah keep going. When I was around during the war there was still an uncomfortable amount of bigotry in the fleet that doesn't really match with the old "fleet culture lags forum culture by approximately 5 years" excuse.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Dalmuti posted:

we don't believe in not postin, kid

i just want to have good sax not read fifty pages of everyone being idiots

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Mr. Grinch posted:

john hartley continuously used the R slur as recently as last year (when i played last, maybe its still on going)

It is indeed still ongoing.

ricepowah
May 3, 2008

so you decided to post to tell people to stop posting? sound logic

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Bigbillthaboss posted:

don't you loving badmouth farmer John

gently caress.

John.

Hartley.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

what both sides, anyway

it's not like this is very hard, particularly if we apply some very broadly accepted Something Awful 2022 sieves to the situation:

-incident response needs to be followed up with proper remediation. you cannot lock everything down but then leave it in place for so long that it becomes a punishment, then expect people to trust you with anything important ever again

-"I'm not the racist one, it's just edgy slurs, apologize to me" wore out as a useful chess move slowly and steadily between Abu Ghraib and Dylan Roof

-eve people write words, lots of them

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Wow talk about crows of a feather

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Lead out in cuffs posted:

IIRC the girl BobFromMarketing was grooming was 14. "It's legal in Iceland." :wtc:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/152933-ban-bfm-ban-dbrb/ all bfms posts got super nuked by solo because he posted nudes of his "conquests" in i think the rho? or theta? forum but most of his posts in that thread got quoted

also he was never a director

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

for fucksake I knew bobfrommarketing, the fuuuuuuuuuuck

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Man shut the gently caress up

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Warmachine posted:

Personally I'm still trying to wrap my head around what the gently caress happened in the first place. All I've been able to figure out is "Someone harassed the leader of Sirenswarm, the directorate did not immediately execute the harasser, and now we're dunking on the idiots involved in that decision."

ok it took me a couple days to remember exactly but uh, i hope aldani got better because she accused me of being a rapist and murderer in the span of a few hours because i did this uhh 7 years ago
(2:31:03 PM) alpmighty: what did he change your title into?
(2:31:32 PM) aldani_toralen: "Trigger Warning: Bad Posts"

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
She is apparently in a better place now yes

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
good to hear

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

63% are not reported. And yep on the about 5% figure, depending on the study, but it's always pretty low.

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/files/publications_nsvrc_factsheet_media-packet_statistics-about-sexual-violence_0.pdf

There needs to be a happy medium between "believe all woman" and Amber Heard.

Cuz i got curious and just looked it up. In the US alone there's over 460k reported rapes per year, so if 5% is anywhere near the real number, that's still close to 23 000 people.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

shutupandshave posted:

Feels like time for me to pop in and say hi.

Did someone forget to fuel one of your “squad” towers or something?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I used to post too much on the world of tanks forums and there's people posting in this thread that I'm pretty sure I recognize. I feel like Bob from marketing was one of the names and that makes me feel gross.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hi tolon

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

dragonshardz posted:

Quoting this post because it is a good post.

coming from you that means a lot

I can only say I tried my best and made a few very bad calls that couldn't be healed, which only goes to say that best effort is called for and that people really are monsters jfc

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Dalael posted:

There needs to be a happy medium between "believe all woman" and Amber Heard.

more advice: don't be this guy, even if you are not a guy

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mr. Grinch posted:

i dunno isnt that what happened here? the banned victim was unbanned? it seems like the outrage is more "why was this person banned at all"

Have you ever seen Spirited Away? That scene where they pull on a bike handle lodged in a river spirit's side, then a geyser of other buried pollution comes out too?

What I'm trying to say is that , regardless of the fine details of what exactly happened beat-by-beat over the weekend, the bath house is now full of smelly refuse airing out and the proprietors may as well acknowledge that special cleanup is needed.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

holy poo poo i had no idea Tamir Lenk went to bat that hard for BFM

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
For some reason I just remembered DB Preacher existed and it's true, you really do burn out like a shining star or live long enough to become the thing you hate.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Cease to Hope posted:

more advice: don't be this guy, even if you are not a guy

Imagine, if for any other crimes, we just believed the accuser cuz who gives a gently caress for the consequence for the 5%.

I wonder, maybe you got the numbers, how many black pplgot lynched cuz the crowd just believed the white woman?

Take a loving step back for one second. All I said is that there needs to be a line between believing literally every accusation, and admitting some ppl are just that loving awful.

I am very much for prosecuting the gently caress out of rapists and harrassers but I do believe in due process.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

Have you ever seen Spirited Away? That scene where they pull on a bike handle lodged in a river spirit's side, then a geyser of other buried pollution comes out too?

What I'm trying to say is that , regardless of the fine details of what exactly happened beat-by-beat over the weekend, the bath house is now full of smelly refuse airing out and the proprietors may as well acknowledge that special cleanup is needed.

no im saying i dont think the majority of the people posting in here agree with you that the correct approach is lock it all down and unban later

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mr. Grinch posted:

holy poo poo i had no idea Tamir Lenk went to bat that hard for BFM

yeah that dude went super ride or die lmao

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Dalael posted:

Imagine, if for any other crimes, we just believed the accuser cuz who gives a gently caress for the consequence for the 5%.

I wonder, maybe you got the numbers, how many black pplgot lynched cuz the crowd just believed the white woman?

Take a loving step back for one second. All I said is that there needs to be a line between believing literally every accusation, and admitting some ppl are just that loving awful.

I am very much for prosecuting the gently caress out of rapists and harrassers but I do believe in due process.

Holy gently caress

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

Good news for once, we can say with some certainty that white women haven't been getting black men lynched over the video game, eve online.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Dalael posted:

Tamir Rice Emmett Till reference in regards to spaceship clan

disagreements about "trust, but verify" aside, you skipped right past into "women be lyin"

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 11, 2022

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Dalael posted:

you have an Evinrude 25 horsepower outboard motor instead of a brain

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Mr. Grinch posted:

disagreements about "trust, but verify" aside, you skipped right past into "women be lyin"

No. That's exactly my point. Trust but verify is a happy medium.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Bigbillthaboss posted:

lmao how am I edgy?

someone did a great job, but now it's a collab

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mr. Grinch posted:

no im saying i dont think the majority of the people posting in here agree with you that the correct approach is lock it all down and unban later

idk it depends on what "lock it down" means.

this whole thing has seen a lot of masks ripped right off, yeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Mr. Grinch posted:

Also you got your reference wrong. Tamir Rice was the kid who got shot by police for carrying a toy gun.

Emmet till is the kid you are thinking of.

And god its fun to be strawmanned. * pplmake claim* *look at stats,do the math* *me bad*