Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Believe women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

Mr. Grinch posted:

john hartley continuously used the R slur as recently as last year (when i played last, maybe its still on going)

Honestly I see or hear that one a lot and not just from John. I grew up in the 80s when it was standard part of every kid's lexicon yet I managed to purge it from mine. Why can't they?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/152933-ban-bfm-ban-dbrb/ all bfms posts got super nuked by solo because he posted nudes of his "conquests" in i think the rho? or theta? forum but most of his posts in that thread got quoted

also he was never a director

Reading deadtear and aztecd going at each other brings back memories. Forum unites to tell dbrb to shut the gently caress up. Some things never change.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Oh wow 600 posts in the eve thread I wonder what...

oh. oh no.

:yikes:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

Reading deadtear and aztecd going at each other brings back memories. Forum unites to tell dbrb to shut the gently caress up. Some things never change.

it took me years to get him banned from sa despite a gbs mod literally reading and i think posting in that thread

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

KerenskyWhite posted:

Honestly I see or hear that one a lot and not just from John. I grew up in the 80s when it was standard part of every kid's lexicon yet I managed to purge it from mine. Why can't they?

Even delta sqad doesn't want moderate away the usage of that gamer word.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
people use the R word all the time, and while I don't like it and wish people would stop (primarily because it is offensive and secondarily because it is uncreative and lazy) I am not as concerned about it as other slurs or patterns of harassment. I think most people can agree with that

Grom
Apr 26, 2002

FirstnameLastname posted:

GIJoeDirtbag was the guy who tried to daterape myrtar's wife while staying at their home (yes, THAT myrtar, goonloadout.jpg - who I'd known since the year 2002, lol)

~Know Your Goons~
You all made me worry that horrible bastard was back or played Eve, one of the worst human beings I ever interacted with. I think I spent over $100 in 2003/4 repeatedly buying him the worst custom titles I could think of, before he could change them back to his nasty Calvin pic, money well spent :cool:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Stereotype posted:

people use the R word all the time, and while I don't like it and wish people would stop (primarily because it is offensive and secondarily because it is uncreative and lazy) I am not as concerned about it as other slurs or patterns of harassment. I think most people can agree with that

on the other hand, tossing out lazy hateful people tends to solve a lot of problems before they become problems, something that mittani has previously expressed great enthusiasm for

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

gadgethugs posted:

Deltasqad cares. Ive been told a few times. Enough that i decided to drop its usage

[

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dalael posted:

Also you got your reference wrong. Tamir Rice was the kid who got shot by police for carrying a toy gun.

Emmet till is the kid you are thinking of.

And god its fun to be strawmanned. * pplmake claim* *look at stats,do the math* *me bad*

Dalael, from the bottom of my heart and with all sincerity, shut the gently caress up

Or keep diggin I guess.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Bilirubin posted:

Dalael, from the bottom of my heart and with all sincerity, shut the gently caress up

Or keep diggin I guess.

Saying there needs to be due process isnt digging in you moron.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

gadgethugs posted:

I can’t think of the last time I saw it in delta. I personally gave it up two or three years ago when I successfully mentally swapped it with dipshit.

Now the dipshits flow without any slight pause or mental switch with the urge to use the old word. Because not calling stupid people names would be too hard.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dalael posted:

Who is saying there should not be you pea brained idiot?

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Dalael posted:

Deltasqad cares. Ive been told a few times. Enough that i decided to drop its usage

[

warms my heart and gives me hope it does

andromache posted:

I can’t think of the last time I saw it in delta. I personally gave it up two or three years ago when I successfully mentally swapped it with dipshit.

Now the dipshits flow without any slight pause or mental switch with the urge to use the old word. Because not calling stupid people names would be too hard.

See this is how to do it. Just kinda reconfirms that a "how to cuss without being a massive fuckstick" series on mumble might actually be praxis

Edit: Also people been litearlly saying it today. That's why I was specific about "moderation" as opposed to "personal choice"

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Yeah there needs to be due process. A process implies “doing something” not silencing people and saying you investigated while the bads keep being awful.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

shutupandshave posted:

Feels like time for me to pop in and say hi.

Are underworld supply issues so bad that wherever you are now doesn't have enough cocaine to keep you from posting?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

Who is saying there should not be you pea brained idiot?

The ppl who were saying, "False claims are only 5% of cases". Literally in this loving thread.

And all I said this is still about 23 000 innocent ppl if 5% is accurate. So between, "All woman are lying" and "All accusations are truthful there's got to be a loving line.".

Maybe if you fuckers strawmanned less in your arguments, you could keep your poo poo straight.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

Yeah there needs to be due process. A process implies “doing something” not silencing people and saying you investigated while the bads keep being awful.

I 150% agree and never said anything otherwize.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

andromache posted:

ya know theres a subsection of leftist spaces that believes that calling anyone a derivation of the word "stupid" is ableism and boy I cant wait until that discourse makes its way to our shores

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Dalael posted:

Imagine, if for any other crimes, we just believed the accuser cuz who gives a gently caress for the consequence for the 5%.

I wonder, maybe you got the numbers, how many black pplgot lynched cuz the crowd just believed the white woman?

Take a loving step back for one second. All I said is that there needs to be a line between believing literally every accusation, and admitting some ppl are just that loving awful.

I am very much for prosecuting the gently caress out of rapists and harrassers but I do believe in due process.

I'm willing to admit your posting is awful.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

The ppl who were saying, "False claims are only 5% of cases". Literally in this loving thread.

And all I said this is still about 23 000 innocent ppl if 5% is accurate. So between, "All woman are lying" and "All accusations are truthful there's got to be a loving line.".

Maybe if you fuckers strawmanned less in your arguments, you could keep your poo poo straight.

May I be so bold as to say worrying about false positives can be done AFTER you start catching and dealing with true positives? Because the recent track record isn’t great.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Dalael posted:

can you stop distracting people with your god awful takes and the other astonishingly bad thoughts rattling around in the empty tortoise shell you use as a skull you dumb gently caress

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

This is internet spaceships, not law and order. I'll take my 19 guilty and 1 innocent and toss them out of the spaceship clubhouse, and I'll sleep soundly too.

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

Which given that the powers-that-be seem intent on not having a process, "presume guilty" becomes a rational choice. I am, however, open to surprises.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Mr. Grinch posted:

ya know theres a subsection of leftist spaces that believes that calling anyone a derivation of the word "stupid" is ableism and boy I cant wait until that discourse makes its way to our shores

Someone was making the same argument but for the word idiot in the history thread a while back.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Dalael posted:

Someone was making the same argument but for the word idiot in the history thread a while back.

then what the gently caress would the entire rest of the world call you?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Warmachine posted:

This is internet spaceships, not law and order. I'll take my 19 guilty and 1 innocent and toss them out of the spaceship clubhouse, and I'll sleep soundly too.

Which given that the powers-that-be seem intent on not having a process, "presume guilty" becomes a rational choice. I am, however, open to surprises.

I'm talking in the broader sense. Not just related to internet spaceship.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Baculus posted:

someone did a great job, but now it's a collab

ngl I laughed pretty hard once I saw this

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Baculus posted:

then what the gently caress would the entire rest of the world call you?

What the gently caress is your problem mate? Im speaking in the grand scheme of things, its possible to believe woman and still investigate before tossing people in the fire.

You need to calm the gently caress down

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
If you folks want to stop slap fighting for a few minutes, it seems that two CCP employees left the company today.

somedude34
Oct 21, 2008
Other large eve bloc groups seemed to have figured this problem out.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

I'm talking in the broader sense. Not just related to internet spaceship.

So basically concern-trolling?

Glad you admit it.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

I don't know where to find pidgin logs (if it logged stuff) bc i closed the window after telling mittani he'd just hosed the whole barn so bad it wasn't gonna be fixable, and that the trust and faith I'd mistakenly placed in him (through sheer optimism combined with the big PR talk he'd trot out about regarding himself not being an irredeemable piece of poo poo GoonLord frozen in time from the moment he gained peak influence over others, and that he was able to develop as a human being over time and do the right thing in tyool2022, a very clear lie) was a massive mistake and disappointment

i can give a rundown though

it was a discussion I initiated after seeing people growing increasingly upset over the handling of the situation and it making every instinct in my body scream that this would be something harmful to the community if not addressed properly (I didn't know enough details at that point to make any sort of call on who was or wasn't at fault, but I knew that with how it was being handled, it wasn't gonna matter)

I tried telling him this, he'd respond with "not going to discuss specifics of an ongoing sexual harassment situation", I would repeatedly clarify that I was not discussing any specific situation nor attempting to, and explain that this was a much larger systemic and cultural thing than I felt he was seeing from his position

it felt like stuff was maybe being taken personally as an attack or being responded to defensively and I was consciously accommodating to that, everyone's human and I know when people get wrapped up in stuff it makes the plot hard to find.

i said something along the lines of "I'm just trying to help make sure that incident fatigue hasn't frozen over your moral pitot tubes that'll tip things in a direction going under the horizon" - I was actually, initially, pretty sympathetic to him after he'd said his "well this has been a thing thats been 6 months of irritating poo poo and walls of text and drama people making he-said-she-said drama loving messes" and I didn't know any specific details so i was taking him on his word for that as an overblown thing, because i didn't want to believe he'd treat a genuine problem that callously, so i trusted that it was simply initially poorly handled but being fixed; then he dropped that wounded bird line and "when you see a lot of smoke, that doesn't always mean there's a fire" or something close to that and quit responding

my initial intent speaking to him was to paint the ground floor picture of how poo poo looked, and that it looking like a cover-up whether it is or not, looks very loving bad, and that he needed to be aware of that because something had to be done or people would be pissed - i was trying to help

then I tossed out some ideas of either a dedicated Alliance Ethical/Moral basically HR role so that it's not going to people who aren't equipped to handle it, and suggested an semi-anonymous but optionally public(decided when posted) way of communicating with leadership, which the concept i had was a forum where your identity is still tied to you, but it's not publicly available & can only be seen by directors if the poster wants to reveal it, with harsh penalties for any abuse of the system & that being essentially the only way you could "get in trouble" through using it, only intentionally, not by doing as asked.

a way for people to consult leadership without fearing that it would get them removed, and in a way that would be hard for things to get lost between the cracks or swept under the rug, but at the same time protect people's personal privacy and confidentiality, as well as the likely benefit that any fairly robust system to handle poo poo better like the ones i was kinda brainstorm-pitching would also have a powerful effect in deterring lovely behavior from people simply by clarifying that it wasn't an environment that lovely behavior would be tolerated: predatory people are drawn to places that they can exhibit predatory behavior without consequences

reminder I have not held any official leadership role in Goonfleet since early 2007 - it's not my job to do this poo poo or think about it, but i cared about the community, i was trying to help

The response was that it's not that big of a deal and that he wasn't going to have a bunch of random people ruling by consensus, wounded bird, smoke no fire - which told me he didn't really read or properly comprehend what i was saying, because I didn't mention any change to any sort of top end power structure at all besides positing the idea of a dedicated role for handling this stuff, otherwise it was entirely about making a better system for issues to be presented and settled without them being his problem every time, because the group is just too big.

it was clear a change in how this stuff was handled was needed for quite some time before that day.

by this point he stopped responding at all, and I'd told him "Alright, I'm taking your word and putting my trust in you here that it'll be handled properly, i won't worry about it anymore" and then maybe an hour later, tops, people are getting really mad, multiple already leaving, just a stream of outrage, I'm like "wtf" and try to go to Elysium to get an answer because it's where the most people are, ask what the gently caress is going on, am told "be quiet" by TheAdj

I reiterate that I'm not calling anyone out, and that I'm calling attention to the fallout of the situation because a bunch of people are very angry and leaving over it and I'm watching it happen & seeing nobody seem to be handling anything, he says 'I didnt stutter. S. T. O. P.',

I say okay, I'm not trying to start poo poo here I'm just trying to find where the hell to fix this, it's not good, so where can I speak with someone about this, the response is immediate kickback from elysium

this is when I made my post about the money, because I had gone through every channel that I knew of, to no result, and was seeing things be actively suppressed, deleted and swept under the rug like I was concerned they were being, and lost all confidence in the ability of the directorate to do the right thing - even though there's some good people in it, the power structure exists to protect itself before anything else, so when push comes to shove everything gets liquidated and the power is protected.

That's why I posted that post and said if it was edited or deleted, all of that money was gone for good - it was a last move of desperation to use the only remaining leverage that I had to try to stop things from being covered up and ignored after CONSIDERABLE good faith effort on my part and the part of several other Good directors & members to correct things, which, for about a half hour they were, i had zero intent of actually doing anything, because I still had a little bit of hope that it would be enough of a wakeup call to get their heads out of their asses, things would be addressed, and then everyone could move on, as I'd stated 30 minutes before Mittani irreparably hosed things up

I'm certain that I'm not the only person who has tried similarly to contact this guy directly: it doesn't matter if it's stuffed that he doesn't want to hear, and there's zero recourse for this, while claiming the "official" mantle of somethingawful eve organization - this is a privilege, not a right, like someone else said, and keeping this all in mind:

this representative of this forum claiming the mantle of the official goon organization in EVE online tried to get a 17-year-old goon to find and have sex with a "usefully homosexual" CCP employee in 2007 for the purpose of blackmail to recieve in-game benefits and has been the instigator of several targeted mass-sexual-harassment & out of game harrassment scenarios, and on stage, led an entire room of people chant at a player to kill themselves at an Eve meet with their portrait up on display, like a real life two-minute-hate

this is your space emperor

oh yeah does anyone remember digitalcommunist's doxxing people under Mittani so much he caught a permaban from SA & EVE over it?

Do you really think he was acting on his own volition here when it matches the pattern for Mittanis m.o. to the millimetre? Mittani has always kept a layer of separation between him and the dirty work so that there's someone to throw under the bus. Mittani is the common denominator in all of these bad things. He has been the one who could have stopped any of them at any time. by simple deduction, you can assume that he is ultimately culpable and bears ultimate responsibility for the people who've been hurt by his "will no one rid me of this loathsome priest?" style of leadership

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2mqcgs/digi_cfc_counterintel_guy_gets_banned_from_sa_for/

quote:

u/CSMprogodlegend avatar
CSMprogodlegend
CSM 16 🏂
7y
Digi once told a fleet of 250 strangers my home address, that was fun.

u/AbsoluteTruth avatar
AbsoluteTruth
Twitch.tv/DurrHurrDurr
7y
Lol that's pretty hosed up. He used to PM me addressing me by my real name to try to gently caress with me.

AbsoluteTruth
Twitch.tv/DurrHurrDurr
7y
The worst bit is he's been gathering real-life info on people for years under the direction of GSF leadership

whidon
Black Legion.
7y
Kugu is gone but I am 99% sure digi posted first a post suggesting he knew manny was gay, then a screen cap of some dating profile.

respaaaaaj
Please ping me w/ /u/respaaaaaj
7y
I think you could just call him doxxer on a leash. Its at least as accurate
---------------
google 'digi eve doxx digitalcommunist' or similar & you'll find some poo poo - all under the exact same leadership there is today, minus the people that got caught & went under the bus

goonfleet leadership hasn't learned how to be better people since then: they've gotten better PR . There has never been a "cultural revolution" at the top of this organization.

Mittani is an overly entitled and privileged trust fund manchild who's gone a decade without hearing anybody tell him "No" and it's more important to him to LARP that he's important than literally anything else and anything that might interrupt the power trip is sliced out. It's that simple
Head up rear end syndrome.

crazy how this group with a bunch of alt-right weirdos at the top matches a fascist state in all of the grossest ways regarding abuse of power and latent discrimination and controlling all narratives and places of discussion and building a cult of personality and not in a jokey 'ha ha hail the space king' way: it's not a joke to them

I'm not calling em Nazis, so dont go there wagon-circlers but i am calling them a repulsively degenerate power structure with no purpose left except to obtain and retain power at the expense of any other thing - which , if that's your thing, go nuts i guess, it's your life to live.

Just don't act like you're something else and lure people in who aren't down with that bullshit under the pretense of being a mature and modernized organization that respects women and has moral boundaries like "don't try to ruin people's lives irl over a goddamn videogame" and "stalking" and "blackmail".

You didn't have a problem being proud of thay poo poo before people said it wasn't cool, and rugswept it, you don't have a problem with it now, you just don't want to face consequences for things you've done.

Say you don't loving care if you don't care, but stop lying about not being Actually The Worst. There's no comraderie, there's no empathy, there's no ethical obligations, no moral boundaries.

there's nothing except a sad old man telling a webcam to suck on his rear end in a top hat, with sycophants climbing over eachother trying their best to satisfy the bizarre demands of his weird sociopathic personality disorders in order to curry favor, and everything else is ignored or deleted or hidden away like it never, ever happened

Also he sells furniture now.

This is Goonfleet.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Warmachine posted:

So basically concern-trolling?

Glad you admit it.

No. And once again, gently caress you for trying to strawman. I'm done answering this kind of bullshit.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael posted:

please stop main charactering

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

please stop main charactering

I have no idea what that means

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021

Dalael posted:

Agree 100% there needs to be due process and that heads shouldn't roll without evidence. Pretty much everyone does.

Raising that point in this instance feels like a red herring for two reasons:

1) There WAS evidence presented. These don't appear to have been vaporous allegations. So why is now the time to talk about the need for evidence?

2) What there WASN'T was a working process for paying attention to the evidence. And accountability should definitely work both ways. Yes, false accusers should be held accountable (in the comparatively few cases that happens). But people who ignore accusers should ALSO be held accountable and that's what never seems to happen.

I take "believe all women" to mean, "Take every accusation seriously. Don't brush it aside or let it sit for months or blow it off because the accused is popular and trusted. Start the process and handle the situation. And make SURE the process is handled in a way that minimizes the publicity burden on the accuser."

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
lol ya'll are some loving terrible posters

KerenskyWhite
May 23, 2008

Dalael posted:

I'm gonna throw this out there, that arguments like this are used all over and I have never loving been a fan of them. Such as 'a small handful of trans people are utter shitbags and thus absolutely all trans people have to be treated as the same utter shitbags.' I'd rather not go into more detail than that because of how much it sickens me and this is meant to be an example, not a tangential rant.

At some point collectively we need to stop the one bad apple mentality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Gwailar posted:

Agree 100% there needs to be due process and that heads shouldn't roll without evidence. Pretty much everyone does.

Raising that point in this instance feels like a red herring for two reasons:

1) There WAS evidence presented. These don't appear to have been vaporous allegations. So why is now the time to talk about the need for evidence?

2) What there WASN'T was a working process for paying attention to the evidence. And accountability should definitely work both ways. Yes, false accusers should be held accountable (in the comparatively few cases that happens). But people who ignore accusers should ALSO be held accountable and that's what never seems to happen.

I take "believe all women" to mean, "Take every accusation seriously. Don't brush it aside or let it sit for months or blow it off because the accused is popular and trusted. Start the process and handle the situation. And make SURE the process is handled in a way that minimizes the publicity burden on the accuser."

I am 100% in agreement with this. All I was saying is 5% shouldn't be dismissed casually like the poster I answered too seemed to allude.