Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Ya they'll certainly be shorter soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Don't worry about the dirt and rodent droppings in your ice cream.

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1546523049020854272?t=XwxBjthOkko935hEmnEmNQ&s=19

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

By popular demand posted:

Like I said build a miniature wasabi bomb and become a YouTube superstar!
Superstardom not guaranteed, building bombs is frowned upon in many places.

My cousin just introduced me to a video of a man doing a bong rip of a Carolina Reaper, and by God if the content itself doesn't make you internet famous, the video comments ought to.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Bondematt posted:

There are so many safer ways to do this oh my God those fingers are not long for this world.

That's... That's a router motor driving this thing, isn't it?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The ice itself stays outside the churn. It's just there to freeze the contents. Any dirt or rodent droppings stay outside with the ice - just like the salt you add to the ice to make it colder.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Aramis posted:

That's... That's a router motor driving this thing, isn't it?

Yeah looks like a router or shaper.

Router already scare me as they just mulch anything that comes in contact with it. Shapers I won't even touch as they are just a router on steroids for making fancy trim pieces with giant fuckoff bits.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Shapers have been obsolete since the mill was invented.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

thats a real o poo poo face when his chest hits the end of the ramp. ouch

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

wiegieman posted:

Shapers have been obsolete since the mill was invented.

They say you can make anything on a shaper... except money

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/2X5TACR.mp4

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man, Sara Jean Underwood's husband/boyfriend seems pretty bored all the time.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Always been curious - do they in fact lay the keel on the tracked cradle from the very beginning, or is that somehow put under the hull after the ship is complete for sliding into the water? Seems like having the ship be built on a sliding track would be dangerous, but it would be a royal pain in the rear end to change out the supports and put the track underneath after the ship is completed (or at least the shell is completed).

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Always been curious - do they in fact lay the keel on the tracked cradle from the very beginning, or is that somehow put under the hull after the ship is complete for sliding into the water? Seems like having the ship be built on a sliding track would be dangerous, but it would be a royal pain in the rear end to change out the supports and put the track underneath after the ship is completed (or at least the shell is completed).

They build them in segments as far as I know. The segments are then lifted into place and connected (welded? I don't know!). I don't know the answer to your question either, I think it makes sense to have the hull on rails and the documentaries that I have seen agree with that. However they don't build them on the launch ramp, that's just the final phase. There is no danger of the ship escaping from the level part of the track.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The only info provided was that this is in Jordan and that it is a 'poo poo truck.'

https://i.imgur.com/hnJv4tm.mp4

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Was at the Newport News naval shipyard when they were joining segments one time. There's a giant crane on rails that moves the segment into place within a millimeters tolerance. The scale of the precision dependencies is kind of insane.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://i.imgur.com/tHOEhQM.mp4

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

This man needs a copy of How To Avoid Huge Ships.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
seems like he wrote the book tbh

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
It's like watching the ending of Prometheus

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

JossiRossi posted:

It's like watching the ending of Prometheus

FATHER!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

friend in college who was from Salvador said they would go out in a canoe and try and touch the side of tankers ships, all while very hammered. oh how people have fun.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

SyNack Sassimov posted:

You can also build them in a dry dock and slowly float them out when ready. No ramp needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk_JIHel7To

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Scam Likely posted:

My cousin just introduced me to a video of a man doing a bong rip of a Carolina Reaper, and by God if the content itself doesn't make you internet famous, the video comments ought to.

It must be the same one I saw years ago. The guy ends up speaking in tongues.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Ror posted:

The only info provided was that this is in Jordan and that it is a 'poo poo truck.'

https://i.imgur.com/hnJv4tm.mp4

decidedly Not Great

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

So does some unlucky fellow have to dive and get the slidey things back?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

SuddenCactus posted:

So does some unlucky fellow have to dive and get the slidey things back?

No, it stays on the ship so it can come back for repairs later.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'd imagine they simply attach the slidey bits to the top of a submarine and it goes under the ship and has underwater welders attach them back onto the ship

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Shoulda worn his eye pro!

https://twitter.com/NoContextHumans/status/1546766318728187905

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AskaniSystem posted:

I've been rereading the previous OSHA threads and don't know anything about batteries; how'd this turn out?

Amusingly, the top cell capacity identified a few days ago:

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Highest capacity 18650 out there right now appears to be 3600 mAH.

is exactly the same as was identified five years ago:

bobfather posted:

I looked it up. In 2009 the best 18650s Panasonic could produce had 2.9 Ah. In 2012 3.4 Ah became the new standard. In 2016 one can now buy 3.6 Ah 18650s.

In 8 years 18650s have improved a bit less than 25%. But from 2012 to present the improvement was only about 6%.

Those kinds of diminishing returns are expected in an industry that is quickly approaching a wall. Without new technology LiPo just isn't going to get much more energy dense than it already is.

Not only did capacity of commercially available cells not double, it arguably didn’t improve at all.

Evilreaver posted:

Monkey's paw curls a finger, WW3 begins 8 July 2022

You doomed Abe. :tinfoil:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

PainterofCrap posted:

Getting the eye to come out of the socket is done with anesthesia.

I have a 'lazy eye' that was going to be corrected by numbing the adductor muscles; when they relax with the eyelids retracted, it just kinda...eases out; the plan was to put a fold in the one outer adductor muscle to even up the tension.

I was ten years old, and they finally nixed it because, apparently, the issue can self-correct...which would result in the eye swinging the other way after surgery, and they weren't sure that that could be corrected. So I still have it.

It's actually a great way for me to know when I'm getting too tired to drive: my left eye rolls up & to the right.

They fixed mine which was getting progressively worse with age, started getting noticeable at 20 particularly when I was tired. At 29 or so they fixed it finally. I believe the surgeon said he moved the muscle attachment points around. It worked pretty darn well though and actually improved my vision so that I could stop using glasses, well for another 8-9 years until I needed them again due to age related issues.

I was getting gooey blobby strings out of my eye for years after, it was apparently the stiches coming out. I got this old photo somewhere where you can see my eye post op with the sclera swollen and my iris is like sunken into the eye.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Scam Likely posted:

Here's the link

https://youtu.be/VqM_NRLstbM

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Just some BASE jump fuckling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4jQUOqQBcw

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

all this so they can cum. it's so dumb.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/SnzGuVG.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I would probably get out of that house immediately, you don't know what it's gonna do next

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The universe is ever-expanding, we already know this, should have known to lead the target a little.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Fixed.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

That's just thermal expansion.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
Doing renos in the House of Leaves I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

SimonSays posted:

Doing renos in the House of Leaves I see.

And someone had the same thought that I did! :hfive: