Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rhymenoserous posted:

He outed Manny as gay. He doxxed a few people, and it wasn’t unusual for him to crawl into your PMs with information no normal person would have.

I remember he had a meltdown about his cool samurai swords and would doxx people for fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balthusdire
Jul 12, 2022

Xolve posted:

Please don't show this guy the "I HAVE AN ARMY OF FOLLOWERS AND WILL SWING THE ELECTION" Mittani tweets.

Or do.

That was one of my big gently caress ups, not taking more notice of how bat poo poo insane those tweets were.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

:shobon:

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Carth Dookie posted:

This might be what I was thinking of.

Digi still around? I know he had/has an account here but last I recall he was getting eaten alive by some fungus - again this was years ago.

digi got banned iirc

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Mr. Grinch posted:

digi got banned iirc

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3609703&pagenumber=830&perpage=40#post437571504

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Yep digi came into the eve thread and started explaining why his actions were “good” and the mods swatted him through a wall.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Carth Dookie posted:

A land of contrasts.

Potato Salad posted:

Never knew them as a mod. I defer to the other poster.

he's fine as a regular poster but handing him power would be a mistake. based on his behavior as a mod, he will simply join in on the leadership circlejerk, make well-intentioned-sounding excuses for inaction, and tacitly approve of people verbally abusing each other to the point of leaving the community as long as it's done with a veneer of politeness. which is possibly an upgrade over most of the directors given how they've handled this situation but not exactly ideal

it brings me no joy to post this, i just think you should know what you're getting into here

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jazerus posted:

he's fine as a regular poster but handing him power would be a mistake. based on his behavior as a mod, he will simply join in on the leadership circlejerk, make well-intentioned-sounding excuses for inaction, and tacitly approve of people verbally abusing each other to the point of leaving the community as long as it's done with a veneer of politeness. which is possibly an upgrade over most of the directors given how they've handled this situation but not exactly ideal

it brings me no joy to post this, i just think you should know what you're getting into here

Bad news weasels been in leadership for like a decade.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

explains a lot honestly

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that keyboard, you need me on that keyboard.

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021

Ego Trip posted:

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that keyboard, you need me on that keyboard.

TLDR level 1000.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

imagine that i like empty quoted this about 5000 times because thats what should be done

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

“I don't have to peruse my journals to know that many of the posters in here are not real goons”

Counterpoint, these fuckers stole the something awful eve corp from under us.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
E. Bus posting double post

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Carth Dookie posted:

A land of contrasts.

weasel was a d&d mod and is mostly well-regarded in d&d (where salad posts) and poorly-thought-of and probably probate-on-sight in cspam (where jazerus posts). i know there's some bad blood about how he modded d&d.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Have the GF forums gone down for anyone else in the last ten minutes? Either way, I'm going to start winding down my operations in Delve and start shipping my stuff to Jita. Can't be part of this alliance right now until absolutely massive root and branch leadership changes are made

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Arkhamina posted:

Also being a Madison person too for the last 10 years, that behavior poo poo was pretty obvious. When I hosted the goonps (let's invite 60 internet spaceship people to the house for three days straight for a kegger!) He would have have a weird little flock of yes-men, and what I uncharitably called the Coterie of Skanks. Including the Toni chick. He'd breeze in, not even introduce the guests (this is where everyone else has been specifically given info and I have at least their spaceship names. Generally people chipped in, because myself and Shiny (the goon I eloped here for) threw down hundreds of dollars for beer, booze, and food. He did not. Like he's the entertainment, not a pleb. An hour later he'd get bored and demand people go to a bar. Some people did, but it's pretty loving poor form to show up to a party like that.

To say nothing of his obvious demand assessment of 'who are you, what do you do' with his whole focus on things that could advance his business. Hindsight, it really did play out like someone mimicking the pua videos, or 'how to be impressive Powerful Man's poo poo.

The weird thing was, early on when I moved here, he was a real person. He got a shovel and helped build the garden. He dog sat, chilled out on the patio, played board games. The internet ate him.

The first goonp where weed was banned because of your new job, the garage crew met up at his place to chill out and do our thing. He was openly trashing a couple directors who were at your place and not wanting to go but having to make a mandatory appearance before heading off to Plan B for the night. (the only director I remember him bagging on was kismeteer, the others I can’t recall. It wasn’t you tho)

He was always good to me when I was around him online and off, so I guess it’s why I always had a hard time seeing the forest from the trees

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

weasel was a d&d mod and is mostly well-regarded in d&d (where salad posts) and poorly-thought-of and probably probate-on-sight in cspam (where jazerus posts). i know there's some bad blood about how he modded d&d.

lol I can totally see how that might happen.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rhymenoserous posted:

All our big “disband em!” espionage wins were tripped into.

I wrote a dreary, historical effort-post agreeing with examples but a more readable version is: absolutely. After about 2008, the odds against any planned insertion lasting a year or more and getting any roles or positions worthwhile were infintesimal. It was always a walk-in. The Vile Rat insertion was the counter-example and that was from the early days of the game and was one of the reasons people grew too cautious for it to work as a tactic.

Rhymenoserous posted:

He won’t give up CEO.

Yeah, probably not. He's a forty-something man whose entire worth and self-worth are tied up intricately with his character in a video game. At events, as Ark puts it, he has a coterie. He has spent his life in and around Eve. His hopes for a yacht were monetising "The Imperium". The mainstream papers have largely lost interest but he still introduces himself as a space emperor. Admitting that he blew his late twenties, thirties and forties on a silly game - at least before his future as a furniture magnate and men's lifestyle guru is assured - would be a huge, huge move. I don't know if *I* could do it in the same position.

In the unlikely event that the forum-avoiding ratter proles (the proletarirat? I'll work on it) that make up the alliance these days notice and care enough to rabble I guess he might do the standard poli thing and say (with help to write it) "I need to take some time away from the game to reflect on the people I have hurt and how I can be a better person and a better ally of those I have let down and am handing over the alliance leadership position to totally independent figure innominate" but even then I guess he'd keep the in-game position and the shares, because power devolved is power retained.

On another subject I am Scottish and deadtear was rude to me on several occasions so he is also an incorrigible racist alongside all his other isms. No I don't have a shred of evidence but trust me because Scots are a tiny minority of the honky population.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
This is why people play Eve- The Drama.

Could The Mittani pull the plug and burn everything to the ground? Like, he owns all the keys to the kingdom does he not? Kick everyone out of the forums and alliance and throw the one ring into the fires of Mt Doom?

Sounds like it's at the Embattled stage of the political career, and will be the former followed by disgraced level. But what do I know, I've just been seeing the drama for less than 8 hours.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

How dare you bring that turnip head into this thread, its poison enough as it is.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Endie posted:

at least before his future as a furniture magnate and men's lifestyle guru is assured

A lifestyle guru? What?

Is this his next income scheme just in case Spaceship MMO suddenly convulses and dies?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Endie posted:

Yeah, probably not. He's a forty-something man whose entire worth and self-worth are tied up intricately with his character in a video game. At events, as Ark puts it, he has a coterie. He has spent his life in and around Eve. His hopes for a yacht were monetising "The Imperium". The mainstream papers have largely lost interest but he still introduces himself as a space emperor. Admitting that he blew his late twenties, thirties and forties on a silly game - at least before his future as a furniture magnate and men's lifestyle guru is assured - would be a huge, huge move. I don't know if *I* could do it in the same position.

In the unlikely event that the forum-avoiding ratter proles (the proletarirat? I'll work on it) that make up the alliance these days notice and care enough to rabble I guess he might do the standard poli thing and say (with help to write it) "I need to take some time away from the game to reflect on the people I have hurt and how I can be a better person and a better ally of those I have let down and am handing over the alliance leadership position to totally independent figure innominate" but even then I guess he'd keep the in-game position and the shares, because power devolved is power retained.

On another subject I am Scottish and deadtear was rude to me on several occasions so he is also an incorrigible racist alongside all his other isms. No I don't have a shred of evidence but trust me because Scots are a tiny minority of the honky population.

Big agree on this post. Huge agree maybe even.

His future MAN furniture magnate status is in a state of uncertainty tho, since the webshop is gone.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Where else will I find a table that really tells guests that I have strong opinions about which Vampire the Masquerade Houses is the best one

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

twigplant posted:

It was Rhydis, she was one of the Amok founders.

Ohh That Rhydis! I have heard a lot about her, but I don't remember hearing about her being Skymarshal.

That's amazing!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
alexander aka "the mittani" is a loving horrible person. i cannot understate how hosed up this dude is. i thought it couldn't get worse, but jesus loving christ it's just a bottomless god drat pit, gently caress mittens forever. he needs to step down. i don't think he will, i have no faith in him at all, but he needs to completely log out of eve and get off of his computer and take a long loving look at his life.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

Feliday Melody posted:

Ohh That Rhydis! I have heard a lot about her, but I don't remember hearing about her being Skymarshal.

That's amazing!

Yea, she cool. Ish too. Always great to hear the stories of the old days and dbrb lap dancing and such over beer and meat

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Elusif II posted:

Correct, and lost the email.

Anyways, my takeaway from this thread is that mittani sucks and should be ostracized at any opportunity.
My other takeaway is that Frank Frank is still cool and I am glad they aren't dead.

Hi Elusif. I’m fine. Someone else here has your avatar and I thought they were you a while back. How have you been?

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

FirstnameLastname posted:

if i remember right, he was actually completely asleep/unconscious when the ship was destroyed, which makes it even doper

im not shamin' at all - its funny as hell

Yeah that war burned me out pretty hard. I was working full time, and playing eve about 20 hours a day. Alcohol provided the fuel to keep that up for a year.

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Man as weird as the directors of today are they sure were weirder in like 2008. What’s funny is none of this dumb bullshit from Digi doxing on up ever amounted to any strategic gains in the game. All our big “disband em!” espionage wins were tripped into.

I swear to god the only reason you fuckers ever win for as much misplaced effort you put in dumb poo poo is that the other side is even dumber.

Was on the other side in the delve invasion. Can completely confirm. The sheer number of fuckups that papi made made to lose that war was staggering... all while telling everybody that they were the best of the best of the best, SIR!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Holy moley

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

shutupandshave posted:

Was on the other side in the delve invasion. Can completely confirm. The sheer number of fuckups that papi made made to lose that war was staggering... all while telling everybody that they were the best of the best of the best, SIR!

Imo the biggest mistake was forcing Goons into a corner, instead of letting them move to "helms deep" then easily smash up 1DQ. Sure it may not have worked, but it would have been better than bottling everything up into a tiny 5 system pocket.

Something something Sun Tzu and cornering your enemy or something.

That, and not sticking to the plan and allowing M2 to happen. (The break out was one of my favourite cap fights ever though)

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Cpt Soban posted:

Imo the biggest mistake was forcing Goons into a corner, instead of letting them move to "helms deep" then easily smash up 1DQ. Sure it may not have worked, but it would have been better than bottling everything up into a tiny 5 system pocket.

Something something Sun Tzu and cornering your enemy or something.

That, and not sticking to the plan and allowing M2 to happen. (The break out was one of my favourite cap fights ever though)

If you had used those insane numbers to clobber the 1DQ constellation the first weekend, the war would have gone very very differently.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Wibla posted:

If you had used those insane numbers to clobber the 1DQ constellation the first weekend, the war would have gone very very differently.

Also a great point. Oh well, was a fun scrap during a pandemic. I hope the Imperium side of the fence enjoyed the fight. To hold the line for so long and win out at the end, I seriously had deep respect at the end of it. Other groups would have collapsed completely after a 12 month siege.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I still think the T5Z keepstar was a stroke of genius. The things to shoot never ended.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I had a lot of fun in the war. Definitely pulled me out of a post-divorce and figuring out single-life in Sweden funk. I am thankful to goons like Stereotype for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

shutupandshave posted:

A lot of unsung linemember goons also worked really hard. It was a really good war though, it was a lot of fun.