Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

so when's xenuria going to resurface to try and own his own narrative or whatever they'll call it

is he going on joe rogaine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

CainFortea posted:

They're trying to make it all inclusive term for by making it "reactionary fuckwit" or something. I dunno, it was weird to me too.

most TERFs are not feminist, at this point within the community it’s just a word for transphobe, only you get to catch and annoy a lot of right wingers and make then bleat about how they can't be a terf because they are not a feminist. Also cis men who well actually at you about acronyms.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zodium posted:

Vile Rat taught us well. :nsa:

nah his fixations predate any wannabe spy bullshit its just his brain is bad

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rudeboy Detective posted:

so when's xenuria going to resurface to try and own his own narrative or whatever they'll call it

is he going on joe rogaine?

I think he may be speaking to a detective

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

What the gently caress is +ev or -ev

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he's so weirdly one note, he's always had this thing where he'll fixate on one or two words or phrases and apply it to everything

~~~~

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

lmao that resignation ping

THE BIG CHAIR

bane of goodpostin
Jul 13, 2022

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rudeboy Detective posted:

lmao that resignation ping

THE BIG CHAIR

most of us are not on jabber m8

nm it got posted

Terminator
Mar 12, 2013
"My people, I'm afraid that the sheer amount of smears being flung my way across the galaxy are simply too much to handle at a personal level. The fact that my divorce, the loss of my dog, and a terrible number other of outright lies and falsehoods have been heaped on top of each other has resulted in me becoming simply too radioactive to continue leading Goonswarm without my presence being a net negative for the wider tribe.

The accusations that I am aware of are unsubstantiated falsehoods, and I did not sign up to be the scapegoat for the entire galaxy. You deserve better in leadership than having to continually be confronted with MITTANI MAN BAD day in, day out; I, and my partner, deserve better than to wake each day to find some new horrific slander being levelled against me. The only honorable thing to do is exit in an orderly fashion. I have transferred shares to Xttz and will be making TheAdj Interim CEO of Goonwaffe.

A challenge of this position - sitting in the Big Chair - is that the entire rest of Eve Online feels that they can, without boundaries, restraint, or evidence, fling all kinds of poo poo at the leader of GSF. I do not envy my successor, but hope that my exit will clear the way towards a better future.

It has been a tremendous honor to serve you these past 12 years as CEO. We have, together, built the greatest and most interesting space empire in the history of the internet, and then we have beaten the entirety of the rest of the game with it in the greatest war in the history of the internet. Your successes, your friendships, your community, and the bonds we have formed with one another through all of the madness that is Eve Online will be memories I will keep forever.

As I transfer roles and hand assets over, the current team will continue stabilizing the organization. They have been hard at work and information and announcements will be coming. Please bear with them as they have been trying to both build new systems and improve processes, while managing a very challenging and complex situation. Please be gentle with them.

As for me, I am going to touch some grass and smoke some weed. It's been an honor and a privilege~

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/328552-the-big-chair-is-open/"

Well, it happened I guess.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

edit: too slow

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Frank Frank posted:

This person is a goon. That line is from an OLD recruitment ad that ran on the SA forums back in like 2008 - shortly after some newbie in a rifter(?) decloaked/tackled a BoB titan which led to its demise (back when titan deaths were incredibly rare)

if by "goon" you mean "karmafleet warmbody recruiting era", sure. he is one of the reddit-grown posting mascots from that era, though probably the most articulate and entertaining one

most of the really iconic GSF media has persisted through many cycles of generational memory flush, and is eventually seen by everyone who joins (the game, not just the alliance).

the cultural arc of 'eve goons' over the last 8-9 years is a lot more about the relationship between (one one hand) controlling narrative via internal comms vs. (on the other) being present and to some degree well-liked on r/eve, which is the hub of community/culture for the game like it or not

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

now delete innom, hartley as well and there may be a chance.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

edit as expected that thin skinned narcissist banned me immediately lmao

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 15, 2022

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
At least now the changes that need to happen can happen.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Ladies and gentlemen, we got him

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Wowzers

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

mastershakeman posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, we got him

now we just gotta double up and get innom too.

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Terminator posted:

now do the rest of the game

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I would have flat out bet against a resignation but maybe there’s stuff behind the curtain that pressured him into resigning that we aren’t privy to.

Will be interesting to see if they allow people who he kicked back in. Should give you a good idea if he still holds influence or not

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Frank Frank posted:

I would have flat out bet against a resignation but maybe there’s stuff behind the curtain that pressured him into resigning.

Will be interesting to see if they allow people who he kicked back in. Should give you a good idea if he still holds influence or not

same

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsBF5sEqhB8

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Terminator posted:

"My people, I'm afraid that the sheer amount of smears being flung my way across the galaxy are simply too much to handle at a personal level. The fact that my divorce, the loss of my dog, and a terrible number other of outright lies and falsehoods have been heaped on top of each other has resulted in me becoming simply too radioactive to continue leading Goonswarm without my presence being a net negative for the wider tribe.

The accusations that I am aware of are unsubstantiated falsehoods, and I did not sign up to be the scapegoat for the entire galaxy. You deserve better in leadership than having to continually be confronted with MITTANI MAN BAD day in, day out; I, and my partner, deserve better than to wake each day to find some new horrific slander being levelled against me. The only honorable thing to do is exit in an orderly fashion. I have transferred shares to Xttz and will be making TheAdj Interim CEO of Goonwaffe.

A challenge of this position - sitting in the Big Chair - is that the entire rest of Eve Online feels that they can, without boundaries, restraint, or evidence, fling all kinds of poo poo at the leader of GSF. I do not envy my successor, but hope that my exit will clear the way towards a better future.

It has been a tremendous honor to serve you these past 12 years as CEO. We have, together, built the greatest and most interesting space empire in the history of the internet, and then we have beaten the entirety of the rest of the game with it in the greatest war in the history of the internet. Your successes, your friendships, your community, and the bonds we have formed with one another through all of the madness that is Eve Online will be memories I will keep forever.

As I transfer roles and hand assets over, the current team will continue stabilizing the organization. They have been hard at work and information and announcements will be coming. Please bear with them as they have been trying to both build new systems and improve processes, while managing a very challenging and complex situation. Please be gentle with them.

As for me, I am going to touch some grass and smoke some weed. It's been an honor and a privilege~

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/328552-the-big-chair-is-open/"

The first step has been made.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I have a big chair too

because I am a large man

orson wellsian big

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
Elysium is dire right now, christ. Just a train of somber sycophants lining up to give him handjobs and wail against the toxic drama queens who caused this. It makes it hard to think this is actually the first step towards anything good.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

I would have flat out bet against a resignation but maybe there’s stuff behind the curtain that pressured him into resigning that we aren’t privy to.

they're full on "everyone is mean to mittani" mode now.

< angry_mustache> mittens couldn't handle being lied about anymore with no way to punch back

maybe that bitch should've just pushed the block button

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I'm honestly shocked. I mean the resignation wasn't a mea culpa but it's still the same end result.

Willing to see where this is going for now.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

learnincurve posted:

Cross posting this from reddit because it's just so incredibly well written and articulated and should be in this thread's OP https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/vzo0f5/the_parting_glass/

whoa whoa whoa wait what the gently caress

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

geonetix posted:

< angry_mustache> mittens couldn't handle being lied about anymore with no way to punch back

:eek:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

geonetix posted:

they were already doing that lol

Terminator
Mar 12, 2013

dragonshardz posted:

The first step has been made.

The struggle session continues, and I for one am for it
It's basically the only way to get an org like this to actually improve.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Frank Frank posted:

God only knows what he's been DMd with or what logs he's terrified may come to light as more people have been realizing they've been in hot water this whole time.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

holy poo poo

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Nooo. All who wished Mittani bad, know that you are freaks! Mitanni is the best leader I've ever known in this game. And I hoped to the last that he would simply exclude all these dirty languages ​​from our alliance. All who raised the revolution against Mittani, you are moral freaks! Get the gently caress out of our coalition and don't destroy it. Mittani spent 12 years of his life for us to have the best possible coalition. And you freaks destroy everything that I love in this game! Once again. All those who are against Mittani, just go gently caress yourself!

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
Lol, Lmfo

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Elysium having a normal one.

They almost get it. So close.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Terminator posted:

The struggle session continues, and I for one am for it
It's basically the only way to get an org like this to actually improve.

Well, a ton of my skepticism was hanging on the fact that the chief enforcer of any new sexual harassment policy would have himself been a sex pest, so holy poo poo they actually brought that one wall down.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

(4:20:69 PM) elysium_fellow: it was a slick coup orchestrated by the notorious enemy of the space empire "jeffrey of yospos" and funded by the notoriously deep pockets of the delta sqadron and made material by endless papi propaganda produced by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Boogalo posted:

Elysium having a normal one.

They almost get it. So close.

yet again failing to realize that the small group of people they are referring to are people who ultimately went to bat for sexual harassment victims