Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Tree Bucket posted:

The Enigma of It's Your Fault For Dressing Like That

daamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

bweep boop! posted:

Maybe the wrong place to ask, but does anyone recall a comic that had the punchline "goddamn sex blimp!" or something to that effect?

Gotta be a Michael Kupperman thing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm happy that Junji Ito did a shower scene with schoolgirls and it's not titillating at all.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

MokBa posted:

DC comics just let Superman and Batman gently caress and keep it canon

I thought they did.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

By popular demand posted:

I thought they did.

Honestly it's more funny they don't, and loses nothing.

Also, Superman being polite and patient is the perfect foil to Batman.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

flavor.flv posted:

Batman #36, 2017

So the joke is that each one is essentially just talking about themselves while using the details of the other, right? Because this makes no real sense otherwise.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Qualia the Purple
Episode 12: 14-22 of 33

Qualia the Purple
Episode 12: 23-33 of 33

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

mind the walrus posted:

So the joke is that each one is essentially just talking about themselves while using the details of the other, right? Because this makes no real sense otherwise.

Two people describing someone they admire to a friend that doesn't know them doesn't make sense?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Silly Newbie posted:

Two people describing someone they admire to a friend that doesn't know them doesn't make sense?
I'm trying to be nice because if it's not trying to be a joke then it's just really badly written.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
What happened to the deaf mute prince who was going to hell?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

mind the walrus posted:

I'm trying to be nice because if it's not trying to be a joke then it's just really badly written.

The point is that both of them see each other as better people than they see themselves as. I don’t get what’s so hard to understand

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

The Enigma of It's Your Fault For Dressing Like That

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sorry, that future is already existent, time to get me that sweet-rear end red robe

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
gallagher you sick gently caress

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Qualia the Purple is going so many places and not a single one of them is even remotely in the vicinity of any place I thought it might be going when what seemed like it would be the premise has been established. Or even after the part where Yukari repaired people.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Each one is drawn individually too.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Kit Walker posted:

The point is that both of them see each other as better people than they see themselves as. I don’t get what’s so hard to understand

There's way too many "evil" superman/batman stories its easier just be cynical about the whole thing, I guess, I like it when there's a little hope and optimism in goofy comic books its a nice change

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thread is too anime for my tastes so to redress the balance it's time for forming by jesse moynihan.

read it here, buy it here, or simply wait for the posts to be regurgitated into your eager, gaping maw like a lazy, baby bird

basically it's gamesmaster anthony does creation myths. that is all the summary i will provide, thank you.

1-3

pleasant giraffe

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I love when DC leans into Superman and Batman’s friendships.

They’re as opposite as possible while still being on the same team and I think looking at that is much more interesting than Superman is EVIL now.

I recently read through Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, which is considered some of the top Batman content and I bounced off of it cause it was so focused on being all grim and dark (and I hated the art style)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

moosecow333 posted:

(and I hated the art style)

I feel like people don't mention this enough, I don't really like Frank Miller anyway, but god, Dark Knight Returns looks like a piece of poo poo visually.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
His followup looks so, so much worse.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Looking for a box
Perfect
Crash
Silver lining

Unfairness

Think I have

Get ready!

Birdy

Deaths: 8 (+1 pteranodon)

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Jul 17, 2022

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Creation comic looks dope. Manga looks dope. This thread is cool and should be for everything drawn

Except the sonic comic.lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lol :hellyeah:

Trixie Slaughteraxe is going nothing like whatever I imagined from the name, although I guess I don't really know what I would've said if I'd had to come up with a concrete guess anyway. I'm liking it a lot in any case.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

thread is too anime for my tastes so to redress the balance it's time for forming by jesse moynihan.

read it here, buy it here, or simply wait for the posts to be regurgitated into your eager, gaping maw like a lazy, baby bird

basically it's gamesmaster anthony does creation myths. that is all the summary i will provide, thank you.

1-3

pleasant giraffe

Forming is real good!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Forming is real loving cool and ended up being a prototype for a lot of aesthetic and world building on Adventure Time.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Oh boy

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Lol Lotta good panels in that Trixie block

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Chapter 3: The Paper, the Knife and the Messenger (part 1bi)

Chapter 3: The Paper, the Knife and the Messenger (part 2)

You know guys, I'm not sure this will be an entirely healthy relationship. Bonus pages next time. Why are there so many bonus pages?

Sleve McDichael
Feb 11, 2019

~nice~
Spotted in the wild:

:sickos:

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I think you could replace the caption on all of these with "Oh great, the pervert's back" and they'd all still work.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Flying Zamboni posted:

I think you could replace the caption on all of these with "Oh great, the pervert's back" and they'd all still work.

Also works with "christ, what an rear end in a top hat"

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

This one made me smile. Are these all from the New Yorker or just in the style of it? Some of them are er, raunchier than I would have expected for that.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Emzedoh posted:

This one made me smile. Are these all from the New Yorker or just in the style of it? Some of them are er, raunchier than I would have expected for that.

These are in the style of. The ones actually published in the New Yorker as less funny

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

thetoughestbean posted:

These are in the style of. The ones actually published in the New Yorker as less funny

Christ what an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Montague Tigg posted:

gallagher you sick gently caress