Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Y’all have the cutest pets

Here’s my favorite pic of my pup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Here's a pick of my couch gaming pal during some Chorus

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My favourite picture of Django

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love all your kitties and also fridge’s Overlook Hotel carpet throw

The dogs are good too but y’know

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Rare happy berry moment when she is not being naughty or mean to LVG:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:catdrugs:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's goofy that you can't just pay some amount to have the new sub tiers for like, a month

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Rare happy berry moment when she is not being naughty or mean to LVG:

She looks like she’s about to gently caress you up right quick

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This is not my cat but he likes to come over every day and hang out in empty boxes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Frankston posted:

This is not my cat but he likes to come over every day and hang out in empty boxes.

lol i wish i had the spine of a cat and not this janky rear end human spine

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

remember when you could just walk into the store and ask them to go in the back for a copy and they would bring it out and you'd buy it and take it home and play it even it wasnt out for another 3 weeks and whole game was on there

I realized this era was over when I found a copy of Killzone 2 at Target 2 weeks before it came out and as the guy was ringing it up he was like "oh this isn't out yet I can't sell it to you" and I tried to make some "no backsies" argument to him and he just flipped the computer around and showed me that he couldn't even do it if he wanted to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's goofy that you can't just pay some amount to have the new sub tiers for like, a month

Wait what? You can't?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Our other cat died just after Christmas and now these two are inseparable and like to perch here while I play poo poo.

veni veni veni posted:

I realized this era was over when I found a copy of Killzone 2 at Target 2 weeks before it came out and as the guy was ringing it up he was like "oh this isn't out yet I can't sell it to you" and I tried to make some "no backsies" argument to him and he just flipped the computer around and showed me that he couldn't even do it if he wanted to.

We could work around this on the inside when the same thing happened at the chain I worked in, we’d buy gift cards for the price of the game then our boss would lock them in the cash safe and just put the actual sales through on launch day.

Only thing that made retail tolerable as a teen.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Wait what? You can't?

as far as I've been able to tell, I could pay to upgrade for the rest of my current sub, which would be $17/$25 for the next five months-ish, but I can't say.... pay $5 and have it for like a month

I was hoping I'd post that and someone else would like "yes you can, dumbass"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

cats are so loving weird i love it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I also love cats but the twist is that I’m ALF irl

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The thread is gonna end when when veni is taken away by the government

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
Good god some good furry friends being posted up in here. Here’s Diane and Janey in a quizzical sleeping position

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Yo we posting cats?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Boy of Joy posted:

Good god some good furry friends being posted up in here. Here’s Diane and Janey in a quizzical sleeping position

:nice:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My cat doesn't like having his picture taken so I don't have many recent pictures of him, but here's one from a few years ago:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rageaholic posted:

My cat doesn't like having his picture taken so I don't have many recent pictures of him, but here's one from a few years ago:

Russian blue? I had one till recently.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rinkles posted:

Russian blue? I had one till recently.
I'm pretty sure, yeah! When I was a kid, I had a Russian Blue that I loved, so when I got this little guy when I was 16, I was looking for Russian Blues and found him.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Can I join in with cat posting

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
For people who have the PS+ tier where you can apparently stream PS3 games: is that completely excluding DLC, and is it janky as gently caress (moreso than playing it on a PS3)?

Since Stray is coming out I thought I'd look into it but some of the benefits seem....questionable

EDIT: here's my cat laying on a Christmas blanket with his head wedged halfway into the cushion, somehow

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 17, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

For people who have the PS+ tier where you can apparently stream PS3 games: is that completely excluding DLC, and is it janky as gently caress (moreso than playing it on a PS3)?

Since Stray is coming out I thought I'd look into it but some of the benefits seem....questionable

No DLC, ever. This can create weird edge cases where if you played a game on PS3 and made a save on the DLC included version, it can never load that save again because the streaming one doesn't and can't have it.

Jankiness as with all streaming depends on your individual physical location and proximity to their servers. I think its generally viewed as an overall weak offering, but like, again, if you're for whatever reason by them and not others you'd be great but we can't tell you.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Wolfsheim posted:

EDIT: here's my cat laying on a Christmas blanket with his head wedged halfway into the cushion, somehow

Haven't seen any dlc yet but Ive streamed a few games so far and haven't had any issues other than the initial load for the stream takes quite some time.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Barudak posted:

No DLC, ever. This can create weird edge cases where if you played a game on PS3 and made a save on the DLC included version, it can never load that save again because the streaming one doesn't and can't have it.

Jankiness as with all streaming depends on your individual physical location and proximity to their servers. I think its generally viewed as an overall weak offering, but like, again, if you're for whatever reason by them and not others you'd be great but we can't tell you.

PASS, New Vegas with no DLC is basically cutting 50% of the game :colbert:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Barudak posted:

This isn't true. Saints Row 2 comes with all the DLC included and Red Dead Redemption has all the DLC as well. I believe it's a per game basis rather than a blanket statement like that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are they later-released “Complete Edition” versions or Game of the Year editions or something

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Escobarbarian posted:

Are they later-released “Complete Edition” versions or Game of the Year editions or something

They're not titled that way.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Wait I think I know what the confusion is in regards to the DLC. I believe that I'm partially wrong about Saints Row 2 and Red Dead Redemption having all the DLC. From what it looks like, paid DLC isn't included but free DLC is included. That's where the confusion lies.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Saints Row 2 is actually better without the DLC because they accidentally added infinite rockets to every single attack helicopter in the game and it makes a few parts of the main campaign nearly impossible

On the flipside, there's games like New Vegas and Dragon Age which are noticeably worse without DLC

I think I'll just buy Stray straight-up tbh

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I'm playing the first skate with a PS5 controller in 4k tonight. It's dope.
I can't wait for session to be released, their first release date trailer was ms sponsored and I spent a week thinking it wasn't coming to PS5 at all.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I love my strange children

Been playing Stardew Valley co-op. When we reached Summer for the first time something in my brain snapped and now my farm is all I think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Got my cats in my av, looking forward to cyberpunk kitty