Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Am I supposed to know who Two Dimes is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Associate of Tony D'Angelo on NXT 2.0

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Conrad_Birdie posted:

No. He's a recent nxt 2.0 guy and I guess some aew dark dork

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Conrad_Birdie posted:

No.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Two Dimes/Cole Karter is the incredibly hideous monstrosity that Chaos Project had to team with in order to fight the Death Triangle

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

No they had to team with him because he knew how to use a fax machine

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact

Before The Impact:
Savannah Evans defeats Alisha Edwards
Maclin defeats Crazzy Steve

Deonna Purrazzo defeats Rosemary
Masha Slamovich defeats Giselle Shaw
Motor City Machine Guns defeat Violent By Design. Postmatch VbD attack MCMG and KUSHIDA
Sami Callihan defeats Raj Singh. Postmatch Sami is attacked by Moose and Maclin
Eddie Edwards defeats Ace Austin
Laredo Kid and Trey Miguel defeat Johnny Swinger and Zicky Dice
Killer Kelly defeats Tiffany Nieves
Mia Yim defeats Madison Rayne
Speedball Mike Bailey retains the X title over Rocky Romero
KUSHIDA defeats Deaner
Alex Shelley and Josh Alexander sign the contract for their world title match at Emergence. Alexander says he's more of a Chris Sabin guy because at least Sabin was able to be a world champ once; Shelley says at Emergence Josh'll be against a guy he paid a ticket to see in 2005 and went to wrestling school the next day because of, while Shelley will be against a Shelley mark. Shelley then signs and hands Josh the contract, saying he won't have the belt forever but at least he'll have that autograph
PCO defeats Doc Gallows in a Derby City street fight

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lid posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

did they ever say what they found out about the guy which was so bad that they had to release him

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

AEW Dark tapings:
https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/aew-dark-spoilers-from-orlando-florida-july-16

drat, there are like 50 matches or segments that have been taped, these matches should last for quite a few episodes.

Also, the Slim J that is mentioned in the spoilers, is that the same Slim J that was a member of Special K in early ROH?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Germansimp posted:

Also, the Slim J that is mentioned in the spoilers, is that the same Slim J that was a member of Special K in early ROH?

The very same. Tony’s gonna do just fine as ROH booker.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Venomous posted:

did they ever say what they found out about the guy which was so bad that they had to release him

I think I heard this in passing on the observer, but I believe the guess was they found he had done some adult films/footage that he hadn't disclosed.

I think how the release was handled suggests it was something innocuous, as they seemed to hint he'd be back given some time and distance from whatever the situation.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Standingstoic posted:

I think I heard this in passing on the observer, but I believe the guess was they found he had done some adult films/footage that he hadn't disclosed.

I think how the release was handled suggests it was something innocuous, as they seemed to hint he'd be back given some time and distance from whatever the situation.

oh, okay. Well, in that case, I fully support Parker Boudreaux's impending rise in the AEW ranks, especially as he'll surely learn from actual good wrestlers in AEW

if he ends up back in the Fed, more power to him I guess, but considering AEW now has a guy that looks like Brock Lesnar and has all the potential of a young Brock Lesnar, I think Tony might not want to lose him that easily

Venomous fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 17, 2022

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cool that Akki got a booking. Against Angelico too, so that should be pretty solid.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Venomous posted:

oh, okay. Well, in that case, I fully support Parker Boudreaux's impending rise in the AEW ranks, especially as he'll surely learn from actual good wrestlers in AEW

no different guy, Cole Karter/Two Dimes was the guy who was released for some undisclosed probably innocuous reason, Parker Boudreaux they just canned for no particular reason after making him Woke Moralist Joe Gacy's goon

blast0rama posted:

The very same. Tony’s gonna do just fine as ROH booker.

considering Slim J and Ari Daivari's tag team got a name (The Trust Busters) and had Parker Boudreaux join them in the second taping session, I'm guessing they're gonna be an ROH unit

also someone mentioned Kayla Rossi is back but didn't mention the most important part, she was accompanied by THE DIAMOND SHEIK

Alaois fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jul 17, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e: unnecessary double post

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Alaois posted:

no different guy, Cole Karter/Two Dimes was the guy who was released for some undisclosed probably innocuous reason, Parker Boudreaux they just canned for no particular reason after making him Woke Moralist Joe Gacy's goon

to be clear, I was specifically asking about Boudreaux, because the Observer said the Fed had 'found something out' about him that caused him to be released, and I was wondering just why Lid went 'nooooo' over the guy being in AEW

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alaois posted:

considering Slim J and Ari Daivari's tag team got a name (The Trust Busters) and had Parker Boudreaux join them in the second taping session, I'm guessing they're gonna be an ROH unit

also someone mentioned Kayla Rossi is back but didn't mention the most important part, she was accompanied by THE DIAMOND SHEIK

Oh, no! Not the Diamond Sheik!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Venomous posted:

to be clear, I was specifically asking about Boudreaux, because the Observer said the Fed had 'found something out' about him that caused him to be released, and I was wondering just why Lid went 'nooooo' over the guy being in AEW

I don’t remember that in the Observer about Boudreaux but Dave definitely said it about this Two Dimes guy.

Edit: looks like he might have said it about both of them. Lots of skeletons in the closet at the PC I guess!

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 17, 2022

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Standingstoic posted:

Other speculation was Two Dimes failed a drug test.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"Mafioso" Rossi? Is Valentina leaning even further into the :arghfist: gimmick?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

sticklefifer posted:

"Mafioso" Rossi? Is Valentina leaning even further into the :arghfist: gimmick?

where did you see that get mentioned?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
2nd session in the Dark tapings link above.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Very happy to see the rest of the Shook Crew finally show up in AEW

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

The shark cage is underneath the entrance steps

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Shark fin foam hats for the front row

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Gonna keep updating this post with exclusive scoops:

Justin Roberts comes out to a Tool song, checks out

Match 1: Private Party & Angelico vs AR Fox and The Skulk

Angelico submits Fox

Match 2: Nyla and Marina vs Shalonce Royal and Angelica Risk

Marina pins Risk

Match 3: Emi Sakura (w/Akki) vs Toni Storm

Storm pins Sakura, great match

Match 4: Kris Statlander vs Brittany Jade, Stat Squash

Match 5: SHIDA w/ a badass bob hair cut vs Renegade Twin (hair up)

Shida wins after ref caught onto Twin Magic, suprisingly even match

Match 6: Solo and Comoroto vs Uno and 10

10 pins Solo

Match 7: BRANDON CUTLER VS BARON BLACK

BARON WINS DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?!

Match 8: JD Drake vs Takeshita !!

Takeshita wins, this was a slugfest

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 21, 2022

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AR Fox? I didn't think he'd ever show up.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh man, I hope Fox is considering joining up, that guy is great

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I do appreciate Emi's dedication to getting her people on AEW programming in her corner, even if it is just Youtube

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
AR Fox is gonna show up to warn Keith Lee about the swerving from that time he and Swerve were in Iraq

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
RINGSIDE SHARK

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/CountOutPod/status/1549957645699883008

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Claudio Castagnoli is out to be interviewed by Tony Schiavone, the crowd heavily chanting ‘you deserve it’ after his ROH World Title win. They welcome out Wheeler Yuta and put over the Blackpool Combat Club before being interrupted by Chris Jericho. Wheeler tries to shut Chris up, but he won’t. Jericho challenges Wheeler to a match on Dynamite, but Yuta declines. He taunts him and Jericho once again challenged Wheeler Yuta to a match on Dynamite and says if Yuta can beat him, he will get his AEW World Title shot in two weeks at Quake at the Lake, Wheeler Yuta accepts.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Is there any reason for Yuta turning down the challenge? That sounds a little odd.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Is there any reason for Yuta turning down the challenge? That sounds a little odd.

I'd guess he just doesn't want to do it with nothing on the line.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/Hammer_Barn/status/1554971516734844928?s=20&t=wG44sUlYxzynS-s-UuDe5w

Ol' Mancer finally made it to AEW. Looks like Serpentico in the ring with him.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

heel turn posted:

https://twitter.com/Hammer_Barn/status/1554971516734844928?s=20&t=wG44sUlYxzynS-s-UuDe5w

Ol' Mancer finally made it to AEW. Looks like Serpentico in the ring with him.

This is how I remembered it was Wednesday and not Tuesday. Thank you!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also for elevation: shida vs. emi

with the newly signed madison rayne on commentary

e:

https://twitter.com/XylotThemes/status/1554977307642707969

with madison vs leila grey set for live rampage

like, is madison gonna cut in line ahead of stat and athena

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Vertical Lime posted:

also for elevation: shida vs. emi

with the newly signed madison rayne on commentary

e:

https://twitter.com/XylotThemes/status/1554977307642707969

with madison vs leila grey set for live rampage

like, is madison gonna cut in line ahead of stat and athena

Madison is signed as a coach, so probably not. This is likely just a way to introduce her.