Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

chaosbreather posted:

Misses From The POS-pees

A “Missives From The Hospice” MST3K “inspired” listenalong that absolutely tears in to the dumb fucks stupid enough to be dying and their awful families, with very unfunny skits in very bad taste and “Calls from Beyond” where they use ML voice synthesis to prank the survivors with their loved one’s voices. Subscribe to the Patreon to get access to the livestreams where the hosts gatecrash the funerals really drunk and make speeches based on the stuff chat says.

oh that is awful lmao lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Potatoes and me: The host describes their personal feelings about different types of potato. No guests, no side anecdotes, just an hour explaining what this spud variety means to them.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

goatface posted:

Potatoes and me: The host describes their personal feelings about different types of potato. No guests, no side anecdotes, just an hour explaining what this spud variety means to them.

Are you my partner, are you a loving Finn?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am incredibly depressed, but I'm pretty sure I'm a filthy Brit.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

goatface posted:

I am incredibly depressed, but I'm pretty sure I'm a filthy Brit.

Pobody’s Nerfect

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Whoooooooo Farted?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Followed by Who Sharted?

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

A retrospective on the least popular Jeopardy categories of the 80's.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sucking on wood: Just a person sucking on bits of wood and occasionally commenting on the flavour.

Late comebacks: People come on and tell the stories of the times they lost an argument or fight but came up with a really good comeback later.

Guided CBT for teenagers: A young person's instructional guide to the world of cock and ball torture.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

goatface posted:

Late comebacks: People come on and tell the stories of the times they lost an argument or fight but came up with a really good comeback later.

I could host this show

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Tales from Hollywood movie studio catering company accounting departments!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'm pretty sure there are podcasts out there like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xubbVvKbUfY

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
An Audio Tour of Audio Tours: each week I listen to an audio tour for a museum and describe it to the listeners. Note: Audio only. I do not go to the museums, nor provide the original audio tour for the listener

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

My elderly dad telling a random story from his childhood in every episode, with all the pauses, repeated sentence fragments, 'erms', 'ehhhs', 'uhms' and random sounds of him rustling the Sunday newspaper left in for full effect

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Podcasts Starring Our Dads

1) Dad watches a show on the Travel Channel and complains about the parts they got wrong re: local historical landmarks, WW II naval battles, and trains

2) I order an "exotic" dish for my dad from a local restaurant, such as soba noodles or the mildest butter chicken in existence, and get his opinion

3) Tomato Garden, starring someone's dad who grows tomatoes, talking about them

4) Weather Channel Watch

5) This Is Why I Lived With Mom: a conversation with your crappy dad in which he reveals his unique quirks that make him the rear end in a top hat you barely talk to anymore

6) Dad Dishes: just talking to our dads and asking them what they've been cooking lately

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
A host that is very bad at cross words, trying to do a very hard crossword once a week.

Will they get a single word right? How long will they try before they give up in frustration, tune in each week too find out!

(may contain excessive cursing)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A food podcast in which I describe my burps after each course at michelin star restaurants

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Nose Blind Bake-off: While the occupants are distracted by a fake baking competition I sneak into their homes and have a good sniff. Later in the show I confront them about the smells they've clearly blocked out. It's always cat piss.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Talk Talk Talk: a podcast about the band Talk Talk.

A podcast that reviews shortwave random number stations.

A podcast that lists the names of all the people born on January 1, 2000.

Cremative! A podcast for arts and crafts ideas that use cremains.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Nose Blind Bake-off: While the occupants are distracted by a fake baking competition I sneak into their homes and have a good sniff. Later in the show I confront them about the smells they've clearly blocked out. It's always cat piss.

These seems like a podcast for and/or by a dog.

Speaking of which the dogs anus hour! Where Woolfie sniffs and reviews dogs anus for an hour!

Attempts may be made to make sure Woolfie is actually a dog, but realistically it would probably just go with who ever answers the job add first.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 19, 2022

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Shuttlecocks of Destiny - Every week I interview a former Indonesian National Badminton Champion, starting with Ferdinand Sonnevile the 1952 Champ, (or if they are dead, as in the case of Fenny here, going down the line until I find a survivor). But I do not interview them about badminton, nor the pressures and glories of being a champion athlete. Instead I have a 50 minute conversation with them about farm machinery. Even if they do not know anything about the subject, it will still be 50 minutes of me trying to get them to talk about tractors and the like.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BrigadierSensible posted:

Shuttlecocks of Destiny - Every week I interview a former Indonesian National Badminton Champion, starting with Ferdinand Sonnevile the 1952 Champ, (or if they are dead, as in the case of Fenny here, going down the line until I find a survivor). But I do not interview them about badminton, nor the pressures and glories of being a champion athlete. Instead I have a 50 minute conversation with them about farm machinery. Even if they do not know anything about the subject, it will still be 50 minutes of me trying to get them to talk about tractors and the like.

Question, are you going to appropriately laugh like and idiot on the rare occasions the term 'Shuttlecocks' is said? I feel it's details like that, that could make or break the podcast.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 19, 2022

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The Playback Podcast: A podcast where a guy finds his family's huge collection of VHS tapes recorded in the 1980s/1990s off of local TV and cable, but none of them are labeled except for the most vague things. Episodes will revolve around the 2-8 hours of content he watched that week, the shows, the commercials, the reason it might have been recorded, etc. and a historical discussion of what he or his family might have been doing during that time of their lives.

The Preddit Podcast: A guy picks a random topic and proceeds to do a Wayback machine to try to document to his audience the early internet history and internet subculture of the material from the 90s to the mid-2000s, from before the existence of Youtube and Reddit.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

dr_rat posted:

Question, are you going to appropriately laugh like and idiot on the rare occasions the term 'Shuttlecocks' is said? I feel it's details like that, that could make or break the podcast.

As mentioned, all of the questions will be about Farm Machinery, so I doubt that 'shuttlecock' will come up in conversation very often.

However as a acompromise, I promise to giggle like a schoolgirl every time a guest mentions "Rotary Hoes".

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BrigadierSensible posted:

However as a acompromise, I promise to giggle like a schoolgirl every time a guest mentions "Rotary Hoes".
:hmmyes:

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Mr T Ate My Podcast

An archaeological podcast in which I and a cohost explore long-abandoned Geocities/Angelfire pages and examine other late 90s online detritus

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Powerful Katrinka posted:

3) Tomato Garden, starring someone's dad who grows tomatoes, talking about them

I will subscribe to the Somebody's Dad's Tomato Podcast Patreon if there are exclusive episodes about how all the trees in the front yard are doing and if he thinks he's gonna have to call an arborist

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The Cut Breaks Podcast: Each week, the hosts of the podcast find a director, writer, actor, musician etc. who only ever had a single notable professional credit in some area of the entertainment career. After this big break, they vanished from the industry without a trace.

It could be someone who directed a low-budget indie movie in the 90s that got some positive buzz, but no Hollywood career ever came it. Someone whose big break was a single season of a cancelled TV show and they never acted in anything else, again. A musician who lucked into appearing on a soundtrack with their only major label song. Etc.

Each episode is made up of two parts: Selecting the artist, doing all the things they can to track them down and recounting their attempts to find them, trying to built up a profile of their career and life up to and during their initial chance at superstardom. The next part of the show, if they're successful, is a conversation with the artist in question about the before and afters of their big break experience.

For Your Health!
Sep 1, 2008

do not fear the ass
The Brown Note Podcast - it's like hot ones but both people have to poo poo so bad

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Nightly Dishes sponsored by Dawn

A daily podcast where I narrate washing my dishes and talk about how well Dawn dish soap is cleaning them.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

“Eight Days,” a podcast about the UPN time travel show Seven Days where the hosts discuss each episode while asking what if the hero had an extra day to resolve the problem.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

kdrudy posted:

Nightly Dishes sponsored by Dawn

A daily podcast where I narrate washing my dishes and talk about how well Dawn dish soap is cleaning them.

This is just a radio show from the 40's.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What bird call is that? Listeners send me in bird calls and I identify it for them. Sometimes people try to trick me by sending in fake ones they made themselves. Why would they do that? I'm not hurting anyone.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

JediTalentAgent posted:

The Cut Breaks Podcast:...

Alternatively, The Cut Breaks podcast each week the podcast is done from the car of a famous hair dressers who's breaks we remotely cut while they're going down a steep hill.

They may chose to talk about hair dressing if they wish.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
After watching about 2 episodes worth of Chicago Fire over the course of 5 separate episodes over 3 weeks time, I think I need to do a show on modern medical/rescue/cop shows and how awful they all are.

Only those shows. It's some real afterschool special grade of bullshit to the point that old episodes of Hunter feel deep and introspective in comparison.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
"Mm. That Was a Stubborn One" with Billy Bob Thornton

Join Billy Bob every Tuesday for an hour of calming commentary as he shells and eats a pound of pistachios.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Antivehicular posted:

I will subscribe to the Somebody's Dad's Tomato Podcast Patreon if there are exclusive episodes about how all the trees in the front yard are doing and if he thinks he's gonna have to call an arborist

True story: I met some distant relatives in eastern Europe like ten years ago, and my cousin's father showed me the tomatoes he grows in his yard, so I think bonus episodes for Patreon supporters will be international episodes of dads around the world who grow tomatoes

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Punch & Judgement: a roundup of notable legal decisions delivered by someone doing a punch & judy voice.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All the Queen's horses: Individual life stories for every horse and pony owned and bred by Queen Elizabeth.

It's quite repetitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yuk my yum: guests are invited to reveal their vanilla bedroom fetishes and a panel of experts (biological, anthropological, psychological, internet meme expert) explain why what they're doing is actually disgusting and unnatural.