Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i shucked four 8t's almost two years ago and theyre still rippin it out. I'm getting paranoid though so the decision is: do i buy an 8 for a cold spare, or do i bump to 4x14's (current array is ~65% full)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bump_fn posted:

oh wait i had said doritos not cheetos

gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6l_9reaLz0

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: i put some more D&B stickers on my laptop, it's p dope

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i put a sticker i got from the museum on my mac studio. it's a t-rex riding a skateboard

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
there are two good laptop gangs

* you have 1,725 stickers forming a protective carapace
* you have 0 stickers and it's still so clean you could eat off it

I am of the latter crowd and all my mac laptops get shells within 10 minutes of unboxing but the latter squad is cool too. Lamest losers are the folks that put like, exactly two stickers on their mbp

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I put a cool sticker on my MBP but it doesn't glow like the previous versions so it kinda ruins the effect I was going for.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

my laptop, or rather my employer's laptop:

also im eating a curry chicken pie, breakfast of champions

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

psh I put exactly one sticker on mine: sardines by special royal permission

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my old mbp is of the protective carapace type. for the mac studio im not sure where ill end up. work laptops don't get stickers though unless work gives me a lot of good ones, and "good" is kind of the opposite of "got from work"

also im pretty sure some of my stickers would get me a chat from HR

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

our director's laptop is covered in stickers from security vendors. wat a fuckin nerd

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

mine is stickerless and a bit scuffed up :effort:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ill repost my work machine i guess

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 19, 2022

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

noice those are dope

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
gently caress, is noisebridge still a thing

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

All my equipment remains spotless and stickerless. Whichever notebook I'm currently on gets a fancy leather case I got as a gift

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idk the last time i was there was visiting a friend in SF before i moved to san jose

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

iirc noisebridge is still around and they spent $$$$$ years ago to actually get all their wiring redone properly

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

actually i think i was doing a b-sides SF thing? idk drat that was a long time ago. the b-sides thing was with the same friend tho so probably

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My laptop has a "powered by Intel Centrino Duo" sticker on it and a foil one that probably used to say a Windows version, but all the ink is gone

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

the stories about that place are amazing. what an absolute train wreck

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Video Nasty posted:

I put a cool sticker on my MBP but it doesn't glow like the previous versions so it kinda ruins the effect I was going for.

for shame:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
looks like theyre still a thing and have suspiciously nice digs

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

All the fun stories from them are from a disused mailing list from 10+ years ago now. Think they eventually got their poo poo together and got rid of all the meth people and the others that were enabling that short of poo poo

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

also in the sticker free club

I do put stickers on my nalgene and on the cargo box on my truck

but not on the truck itself

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The M1 Macbook Air (space grey, natch) also stays in one of these most of the time https://saddlebackleather.com/leather-laptop-sleeve-13. Rarely use it these days since nearly all my hobbies don't involve computers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Fool posted:

but not on the truck itself

I still mean to get a bunch of hardware store stickers and put things like DISPATCH UNIT #219 on my white truck with antennas and spotlights so i can park anywhere cause ppl think its a water company truck or w/e

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I buy lots of stickers to support artists I like but I am afraid to use them as they will cease to be perfect and clean. I keep them in a little envelope

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Silver Alicorn posted:

I buy lots of stickers to support artists I like but I am afraid to use them as they will cease to be perfect and clean. I keep them in a little envelope

i bought a really nice set of Rebuild era NERV decals and have them in ziplocs for when the supermoto conversion is complete

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Pile Of Garbage posted:

cjs: i put some more D&B stickers on my laptop, it's p dope

drum and busters

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

drum and busters

its truth tho

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

cls: hit my goal of doing daily ink drawings for a year :toot:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

neato. what are you gonna do with them

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Gnossiennes posted:

thats so rad

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Gnossiennes posted:

u should open an etsy shop

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my old work puter was covered in surf stickers, but I haven’t out any on my new one because it cost like five grand and I have a feeling they’ll care a bit more since we had to go through a lot of hoops to get it

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

idk, probably won't do anything with them tbh. not all of them are good!

for the first six months, i did these multipanel ones and this is probably my all time favorite (because of the geese)

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

double post

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

make them into a big flipbook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

cls: back home after a night in the hospital with the pukes

cjs: terrified i've made a pretty bad impression of myself burning through my first sick day and first "vacation" day within a week of earning them.