Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My kitchen is very hot so I need to give the lactobacillus a head start before it gets moldy af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

At first I was disappointed to see the funny pictures thread has the title, "HE IS GLIZZIN'" instead of this one but then I realized we don't idolize false prophets here.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Brethren, what is the word on Costco car insurance? My wife says that they could potentially save us $400/yr.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Worth checking out. Really varies by location and driving situation.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

secular woods sex posted:

Brethren, what is the word on Costco car insurance? My wife says that they could potentially save us $400/yr.

I called the Costco insurance guy and the quote was more than my current but then he also gave me a quote that wasn't with the Costco insurance company that was less than my current insurance so it worked out but not the way Costco intended

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

They were cheaper for me when I was in MN. I've moved and just haven't gotten around to seeing if I can get any better. Their website is not pretty, though you probably don't need to use it much.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

PSA don't ever have less than 100/300/100 insurance coverage and more is probably better e.g. 250/500 also if you have some assets you'd like to protect maybe consider a 1 or 2m umbrella policy.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Is there any good time frame to watch out for tvs on sale from Costco or it just seems to happen randomly? I'll just keep an eye out each month.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kimchi is on sale
Better stock up folks, I suggest buying 6-10 jars

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Smugworth posted:

Kimchi is on sale

Lmao at your red text

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Probably the best red text I've ever seen :hmmyes:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Smugworth posted:

Kimchi is on sale

0 jars of Kimchi is the amount I want in my pantry at all times.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I like Costco kimchi but I like my local Korean grocery kimchi even better. More expensive though.

pseudanonymous posted:

0 jars of Kimchi is the amount I want in my pantry at all times.

Please don't store your kimchi in the pantry.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I almost bought some Kimchi but it wasn't on sale today and it expires in a couple months. I know i'd never eat it in time, so i'll just wait for the next batch.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Kimchi doesn't expire, it just gets better and then you chop it up for kimchi fried rice.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Hutla posted:

Kimchi doesn't expire, it just gets better and then you chop it up for kimchi fried rice.

It can continue to ferment and get real funky but yeah old kimchi is perfect for fried rice and is exactly what we use it for. I prefer 'fresh' kimchi whether that be cabbage or anything else. There is probably a more accurate Korean term but we like kimchi green onion, cucumber, radish, all kinds of stuff. So good.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 20, 2022

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I don't know about kimchi but I've found the saurkraut is a lot better after warming it up in the microwave.

I can't stand the Costco kimchi, but I've found a Korean restaurant nearby that specializes in kimchi and make a unique house version that uses tons of garlic, so I'd rather pay 2x the price for something local that tastes amazing.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 20, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gotta make an unplanned Costco run tomorrow for CAT FOOD

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pentyne posted:

I can't stand the Costco kimchi

I have reported this post, mods please ban this undesirable post-haste

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im not the biggest fan of the tub that i got

its this stuff:

i mean, im gonna eat it any ways

i tried this brand and its pretty :yum:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Get the Jongga kimchi

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's the one with two "g"s

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

they dont have it my costco :(

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Get the Jongga kimchi

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bagmonkey posted:

Gotta make an unplanned Costco run tomorrow for CAT FOOD

You should have kept up on preventative maintenence cat.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters
Hey so I'm pretty familiar with Korean food and along with it the many types of Kimchi (my mom was a chef of sorts in Korea).

That "Hankook" brand is no good. I don't know if it's actually a Korean brand (it's made to look like it though), but it doesn't taste like he has the right ratio of ingredients.
It feels like a knock-off that uses Korean words to seem like it's a Korean brand. Either way, I would stay away.

Jongga jip is the real deal, and an actual Korean brand! I've had it and it's very good.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

LowOnCyan posted:

Jongga jip is the real deal, and an actual Korean brand! I've had it and it's very good.

Thank you

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I bought the Stonemill Classic potato salad and it was the worst potato salad I've had in my life. The vinegar was strong and unpleasant and as a whole it tasted so foul I had to make sure it hadn't gone bad.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Just cracked into a new pack of TP (two of us in the household, probably go through 2-3 packs a year) and it's the same color stripe as the previous one so it's supposed to be there same product but it's noticeably thinner and flimsier :negative:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Costco giveth and Costco taketh away.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
You guys should probably post a picture more often when talking about stuff since my CostCo also only carries the mediocre kimchi. I was almost going to try it based on all the praise!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My Costco doesn't even get trash grade kimchi for jjigae! What gives?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

david_a posted:

You guys should probably post a picture more often when talking about stuff since my CostCo also only carries the mediocre kimchi. I was almost going to try it based on all the praise!

I apologize

If someone knows how to make this image my signature I'll do it so everyone in the CostCo thread knows which kimchi is the best (Jongga (the one with two "g"s))

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BigPaddy posted:

Costco giveth and Costco taketh away.

What did they giveth you that for?

I'm working down a four figure shop card after having a furnace installed.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Booking through Costco Travel.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Has anyone ever ordered the same day delivery from costco? I go to Costco every weekend and constantly get the same stuff, but when checking online I swear all the items are slightly more expensive then they are in store.

I'm looking at a receipt from a few days ago, the frozen shrimp in store was $16.39 and the same bag online is $19.18.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

pentyne posted:

Has anyone ever ordered the same day delivery from costco? I go to Costco every weekend and constantly get the same stuff, but when checking online I swear all the items are slightly more expensive then they are in store.

I'm looking at a receipt from a few days ago, the frozen shrimp in store was $16.39 and the same bag online is $19.18.

That’s the instacart markup.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

In general Costco's online prices are higher than in store, regardless of shipping speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Husband and I were at a friend's home the other day and they had homemade bread and a big rear end block of Kerrygold butter. Tried it, never had butter that good before.

Long story short after finding out Kirkland's grass-fed butter is pretty much the same thing, we bought six boxes. Every other butter can go to hell now (except for the unsalted butter we buy for baking).