Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

It's up to upper management to create a culture where noncompliance will be reported and action will be taken. But lol Metz.
Anyone remember the detsils on that time Mauer played RF because the old Twins front office couldn't get a 3rd outfielder to a game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
julio rodriguez injuring his wrist in a exhibition homerun derby is the most mariners thing ever. someone should take me out to the forest and blow my brains out

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It’s also that you used to be able to rush passports. I once got my passport in one day by spending 8 hours at the dmv and that’s without any kind of resources and connections. I’m the past a team probably could have gotten a passport rushed if they found out with a few days or a week to go. But now everything is backed up and slow as hell.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Expired passports is something that shouldn't happen to players cause they (should) have people for that kind of stuff, such as the team for one

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean it’s definitely something that shouldn’t have happened. Someone should have caught it ahead of time. But it’s probably happened before. Baseball players are morons and organizations are dysfunctional. But in 2022 there’s no shortcut.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It remains a loving travesty that Ortiz is getting into the Hall of Fame today and Arod isn’t.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

No idea how passports actually work but Oviedo's Cuban; idk if there are difficulties expediting things for everyone who isn't American or also specifically in that case.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I would assume so.

Goldschmidt just cranked a dinger. Maybe he really doesn’t need the shot lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The travesty is that they waited for Minnie Minoso to die before letting him in the hall.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

mcmagic posted:

It remains a loving travesty that Ortiz is getting into the Hall of Fame today and Arod isn’t.

A Rod is a cheater OP, we can't abide that. A disgrace to an honorable game

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Maybe Arenado is looking to create a lineage of stupid idiots, and getting the vaccine would interrupt that...?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol philly, imagine getting swept by the 2022 chicago cubs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I wonder what guys like Florial and Locastro who are performing in AAA think about the almost limitless leash that Gallo and Hicks get to suck to this extent.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Have we considered that “oh my passport is expired” is actually code for “I’m not vaccinated but I don’t want the entire baseball world to know I’m as dumb as Arenado and Goldschmidt”?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Sab0921 posted:

I know you're trolling and I respect it but Ortiz is also a cheater

I also want to take a moment to laugh very hard at how much less competitive the Red Sox have been against the Jays than the Royals were with like 40% of their team on the vaccine dummy list

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I don't get why Philly is this inconsistent and bad. The team shouldn't be.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Mets need offensive help. They’ve been a middling offensive team for two months now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

mcmagic posted:

I wonder what guys like Florial and Locastro who are performing in AAA think about the almost limitless leash that Gallo and Hicks get to suck to this extent.
Florial had sucked until very recently (and I know Keith Law has discussed the possibility that his turnaround may have to do more with the garbage quality of AAA pitching right now than an actual improvement).

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Somebody forgot to tell the Red Sox that the All-Star Break is over

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If Judge hits 62 homers I'm not looking forward to the discourse

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Florial had sucked until very recently (and I know Keith Law has discussed the possibility that his turnaround may have to do more with the garbage quality of AAA pitching right now than an actual improvement).

Ok but he has like a plus 1k ops over the last 2 months and you’d think he would earn himself at least a few major league ABs with how terrible Gallo and Hicks are

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Intruder posted:

If Judge hits 62 homers I'm not looking forward to the discourse

You mean how dumbasses will argue that he still doesn’t deserve the MVP?

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

mcmagic posted:

You mean how dumbasses will argue that he still doesn’t deserve the MVP?

i think they mean how dumbasses will argue that Judge deserves it more than Shohei Ohtani

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Sunk Dunk posted:

julio rodriguez injuring his wrist in a exhibition homerun derby is the most mariners thing ever. someone should take me out to the forest and blow my brains out

Not that it matters but he didn't injure it at the derby.

he injured it in Texas stealing 3rd. Travel combined with stress of the derby and the ASG flared it up and it became a concern.

It sucks but at least there's nothing broken or any serious damage.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

mcmagic posted:

Ok but he has like a plus 1k ops over the last 2 months and you’d think he would earn himself at least a few major league ABs with how terrible Gallo and Hicks are

This was the exact reasoning I was calling for R.A. Dickey to get called up when the Mets rotation was a dumpster fire and he was throwing one hitters in AAA back in 2010. And I got absolutely dumpster here for it.

gently caress it bring up the guys in the minors if the MLB guys are sucking.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

davecrazy posted:

This was the exact reasoning I was calling for R.A. Dickey to get called up when the Mets rotation was a dumpster fire and he was throwing one hitters in AAA back in 2010. And I got absolutely dumpster here for it.

gently caress it bring up the guys in the minors if the MLB guys are sucking.

2012 RA Dickey was incredible to watch. Most dominant knuckleballer I've ever seen.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I mean it’s definitely something that shouldn’t have happened. Someone should have caught it ahead of time. But it’s probably happened before. Baseball players are morons and organizations are dysfunctional. But in 2022 there’s no shortcut.

I've heard of guys getting traded to to Jays not being able to join the team right away because they were on the road somewhere and didn't have it with them because they thought they wouldn't need it.

But yeah, bring your passport should be on the list of stuff to do on the for day of spring training since the travel person presumably needs that to book travel.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Have we considered that “oh my passport is expired” is actually code for “I’m not vaccinated but I don’t want the entire baseball world to know I’m as dumb as Arenado and Goldschmidt”?

Probably not. If he thought not getting the vaccine was a sign of being a dumbass he would have gotten it. The only people that haven't gotten it are the people who wouldn't feel shame in it getting announced to the world.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Bellmaker posted:

Somebody forgot to tell the Red Sox that the All-Star Break is over

There have been so many baffling defensive plays this series.

https://twitter.com/timandfriends/status/1551288145702010881?s=20&t=kn1wlvu4n9IxBaB5jC8lLg

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Johnny Bravo posted:

Nick's not wrong, asking if a player can hear the boos is indeed a stupid and rhetorical question

You should be equipped to handle stupid questions!

I did, by calling it that.

HRRRFFFMMMGGFHHHH

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Sab0921 posted:

So is Ortiz :v:

Intruder posted:

I know you're trolling and I respect it but Ortiz is also a cheater

I also want to take a moment to laugh very hard at how much less competitive the Red Sox have been against the Jays than the Royals were with like 40% of their team on the vaccine dummy list

They have some strong "we quit" energy.

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 24, 2022

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Bumgarner sucks, this owns:

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1551306026204413952?t=MB76L99WDDiiIvCjtt-7cg&s=19

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

In hindsight the ASB came at the worst possible time for the Mariners.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Sydin posted:

lol philly, imagine getting swept by the 2022 chicago cubs

3 games, 3 different services to watch. The future is here.

I slept in, and went to go check in on the game today and- gently caress you it was on at 11!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Would have guessed mikolas tbh

https://twitter.com/BallySportsMW/status/1551311765996281858?s=20&t=2Nf4n4HOjjR4w_1RVcXrng

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
To top off getting owned by the Angels, Adam Duvall hurt his wrist pretty bad today; he'll undergo surgery and might be out the rest of the year.

This stands to hurt the Braves quite a bit; Duvall has been pretty bad this year but at least he's been predictably bad and plays decent defense. Now it's gonna be Acuña, who clearly isn't all the way right; Harris, who has been amazing but has cooled off a bit and is overdue a long rookie slump; Rosario, who basically now gets his chance to prove that the laser surgery worked and he isn't cooked generally; and Heredia, who is definitely not an everyday player. Guess there's also the comedy option of sticking Ozuna back out in the field.

edit: good generally when a player injures something you have to look up

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1551320956005715974?s=20&t=t59PUSp9ALgeze5saxal1Q

elentar fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 24, 2022

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I’m really upset I got his vaccine that has given me no side effects and helps me not go to the hospital if I get sick. I wish I would have done more research.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The Red Sox are spectacular

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1551292329780289538?t=DAVLM5cmrEv4gN-0BVVGcQ&s=19

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
"I got the shot but I wish I didn't" is such a weird way to put it. presumably he hasn't had any side effects or anything and it's just him wishing he wasn't getting called a sheep by Nolan Arenado

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Being called a pussy really is the worst insult you can give an athlete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

lol jesus christ

this team is testing me lately whew