Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Jestery posted:

We just got flower medically available here

Everything still has a facade of doctors and medicine

What's weird about that though, how else would you express 0.3 grams of flower?

An infinitesimally small fraction of a single dose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Nigmaetcetera posted:

We don't have "standard dose" nomanclature here yet

And given that I'm having therapeutic benefits from 0.1-0.3 grams of flower it feels pretty apt

Not arguing at all, just it's interesting seeing viewpoints from people in differing legal areas

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Jestery posted:

We don't have "standard dose" nomanclature here yet

And given that I'm having therapeutic benefits from 0.1-0.3 grams of flower it feels pretty apt

Not arguing at all, just it's interesting seeing viewpoints from people in differing legal areas

It’s super illegal where I’m at, I just have a crazy tolerance and like to smoke and vape until I literally pass out, which is the natural state of humanity we should all aspire to.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I don't disagree

You are clearly more experienced:)

Its funny at the moment here my Doctor asked whether I would prefer being prescribed Afghan Kush or Pink Kush

In lieu of medical language existing they are using hybrid weed slang medical terminology in the doctors office which is funny

And it was pretty clear on last checkup he is used to people just smashing through their script in a matter of weeks, and I'm a month or two into in and have used less than half of what he gave me

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jestery posted:

I don't disagree

You are clearly more experienced:)

Its funny at the moment here my Doctor asked whether I would prefer being prescribed Afghan Kush or Pink Kush

In lieu of medical language existing they are using hybrid weed slang medical terminology in the doctors office which is funny

And it was pretty clear on last checkup he is used to people just smashing through their script in a matter of weeks, and I'm a month or two into in and have used less than half of what he gave me

I have my follow-up appointment on Monday with the doc and it's going to be weird.

Like if you told 20 year old me that in 15 years I'd be having a video call with a doctor to tell him he prescribed too much weed despite having used weed more than when I only had illicit poo poo I'd have told you not to dip into your own supply.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redreader posted:

Where abv good for? I thought the thread consensus was "it will make you bad-high"

Everyone else already mentioned but baking them into brownies and having one like an hour before I want to sleep, owns bones

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No doubt it is for some/many people, but after a bit of testing I can say pretty confidently that 0.3 grams is also six packed one-hitters. I’d guess that’d last some people an hour and others a week.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
0.3 is what they say the Pax holds. Or 3x dynavap loads.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I easily get 3 x higher with a dynavap bowl than a full pax bowl. The pax is a joke, it's got terrible airflow and just runs through weed. I've had it for years and every time I pull it out to give it another shot I'm disappointed. I don't use my dynavap all the time either, but if you cook it right you can get a monster hit.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
How much abv do you use when baking? Like, quarter of a cup? How long can you collect it before using it?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

redreader posted:

How much abv do you use when baking? Like, quarter of a cup? How long can you collect it before using it?

All of it, whenever I buy more weed.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

A teaspoon in a chocolate pudding cup is pretty alright.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm still browsing this thread jealously as I wait for medical regulations. I hope they're not too stringent here.

I used to love the feeling of couch lock, so I guess that means I'd want an indica? Sometimes weed makes it so I can't leave the couch and everything feels nice and sometimes weed is like "hey never stop thinking about your debt and also what's that is your heart beating too fast? Your dad is disappointed in you" and I like the first one better. I've never been able to buy a "strain" so I never know what I'm getting, it's just "weed."

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Genetics are so mixed at this point that calling strains anything specific is basically voodoo. Strain info might give you an idea of general terp flavor profile and some vague handwaviness to lineage but I've never found a strong correlation to actual effect. Temp range for vaping has more consistent control that way for myself probably because of the CBN production.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Indica is the couch lock weed, yes.

After you develop a reputable tolerance, the differences between indica, sativa and hybrids just kinda fades out. But it can take a while to get to that point, and anxiety is actually common across all three varieties, usually from smoking too much.

Sativas own for when you have some mindless busy body work to do though.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah, that makes sense. I will say the couch lock stuff happened more when I was a daily smoker and the anxiety has happened more as I've become someone who smokes three times a decade.

Edit: And when I was daily I was a vaper, which could also be part of the difference.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. And as Sedgr said, everything is kind of a clusterfuck in genetics now. And every producer has their own version of strain names that differ wildly from the same name from other producers.

Easier to take a hit or two and set it down for a bit, going back for seconds if you feel comfortable with it. The ramp up in potency has been very real compared to the poo poo widely available back in the 00s.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just threw my rig in the oven. 30 minutes and it will be clean-ish again. Then another 30 minutes of cooling and touch ups with iso before I can use it.

The banger downstem was just packed full of resin. Might use the reclaim for banana bread later, except I just realized I forgot to buy butter this morning.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

i'm a lazy pothead, can i still use this?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sedgr posted:

A teaspoon in a chocolate pudding cup is pretty alright.

this is a reall good idea OP thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Accidentally knocked my Starship's bong adapter off my desk and shattered it, replacement one arrived today, back to vapebonging 3 carts at once, :hellyeah:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm about to get my weed card renewed at 11am. Dude said for me to text him around then, yeehaw! I'll let you know how this goes, it's the guy I did it with last time and he's a fuckin trip

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
The place I went to is definitely a med card factory. Like the person who gave me my med card was a doctor, but I wouldn't want them to practice actual healthcare on me, you know what I mean?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Protocol7 posted:

The place I went to is definitely a med card factory. Like the person who gave me my med card was a doctor, but I wouldn't want them to practice actual healthcare on me, you know what I mean?

everywhere that prescribes weed cards is a weed card factory outside a couple states at this point. Last time I was on probation, my PO tried to force me to get one until she found out I worked in a FDA-regulated parenteral drug factory and that would never fly, possibly cost me my job; and I hadn't smoked weed in years at that point anyway, since it was just easier to be the known quantity than freak out about heating fake piss randomly at 5AM while standing with your arms at 90 degrees, fully bunnysuited in a class-100/grade-A cleanroom. Literally everyone else she saw had a (basically mandatory) med card and pissed hot for THC every time.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 29, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Most of the weed docs I've encountered are retired physicians looking for supplemental income to pay dock fees where they park their boat.

My last one was like, north of 80, did it to stay active.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Most of the weed docs I've encountered are retired physicians looking for supplemental income to pay dock fees where they park their boat.

My last one was like, north of 80, did it to stay active.

I believe my dude had a stroke and could no longer perform surgery and used weed to help with some of the stroke-related issues he had, that's how he got to where he is. He is absolutely, 110% no questions asked a weed card factory type guy, but he was once an actual doctor doing actual doctor things.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

bagmonkey posted:

I believe my dude had a stroke and could no longer perform surgery and used weed to help with some of the stroke-related issues he had, that's how he got to where he is. He is absolutely, 110% no questions asked a weed card factory type guy, but he was once an actual doctor doing actual doctor things.

This and the others were my experience in Michigan. Hell, the doctors office was in the back of a hydroponics store.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

The PA telehealth experience.

Doctor on phone: *verifies my name and DOB* "Ok, and what condition do you want to treat with cannabis?"

Me: anxiety

Doctor on phone: "Ok, you're approved. Pay the state's fee and they will mail your card. Have a good day, goodbye."

Me: Thanks, bye.

That was it. It was a 45 second phone call that I put off doing for 3 years because I hate in-person doctor appointments. Never even had to get diagnosed officially. Thanks, COVID.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I haven’t had any edibles in like two weeks but I’ve been hitting my starship pretty often so I don’t know if the 150 mg of edibles I just ate will do anything. Better supplement them with White Russians.

God drat it I can feel my eyes turning bright red in public and I don’t have any eye drops or sunglasses

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 30, 2022

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
The Arizer “potpourri cups” are just included for legal reasons and I should have thrown them away a long time ago, right?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

owls or something posted:

The PA telehealth experience.

Doctor on phone: *verifies my name and DOB* "Ok, and what condition do you want to treat with cannabis?"

Me: anxiety

Doctor on phone: "Ok, you're approved. Pay the state's fee and they will mail your card. Have a good day, goodbye."

Me: Thanks, bye.

That was it. It was a 45 second phone call that I put off doing for 3 years because I hate in-person doctor appointments. Never even had to get diagnosed officially. Thanks, COVID.

Yup. Dr. Maury is quick when I renew.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

eddiewalker posted:

The Arizer “potpourri cups” are just included for legal reasons and I should have thrown them away a long time ago, right?

the potpourri cup and tiny bag of desiccated herbs are Arizer's proof of purchase and may be called upon in a warranty situation :q:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I ate a bunch of shrooms and edibles, I'm going to the barcade next door to hit on cougars AND...smokin some cheeba first

:dukedog:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Uh, be careful dude. I do wish you luck though. Smash some coug puss.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Walking out the door, you're a pal

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I did some drugs today boy I tell you what. Good day, stayed busy also and feel accomplished. Thanks drugs!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Uh, be careful dude. I do wish you luck though. Smash some coug puss.

lmao

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005
as i've gotten older, i've really come to hate how unreliable weed is as a drug

yesterday i decide to smoke because im having a nice, chill, sunny beach day and figure it's a good idea to enhance it with a little weed

hadn't smoked in a few months but other than that, conditions were normal and cool and i was feeling fine.

pack a thimble sized bowl, nothing outrageous, and smoke it on the beach. 5-10 minutes later my heart is absolutely racing. when i check my pulse my heart's beating probably 150-160 bpm like a g-d double bass metal drummer and it feels like i'm running a marathon even though i'm just lounging in a beach chair. it's an extremely uncomfortable feeling that i hate every second of even though i know it'll go away eventually and sure enough after another 10 minutes or so i'm back to a normal heart rate and settled into my high. the rest of the afternoon is good and stoney and blissed out like i want.

4-5 hours later when i get home after dinner, i pack maybe 2x the amount i smoked earlier but have none of the same heart racing effects. i also feel about 90% less high than i did from the small amount that made my heart blast off like a rocketship earlier in the day. same batch of weed, same smoking method. so :wtf: ???

i've been smoking my whole life on and off pretty much since about the age of 13, and when i was a kid and even in my early 20s, weed was fairly reliable as a drug. for the most part i knew what i was in for and didn't have many mystery side effects. but into my mid-late 30s, it's become so much more of a diceroll in terms of physical discomfort, especially on the come-up in the first 15-30 minutes of a high. sometimes the heart racing and other physically uncomfortable stuff will last for an hour at its worst and completely murder any of the benefits i'm hoping for when i smoke.

even worse than the heart racing stuff - sometimes i get a kind of tunnel vision and start to feel like i'm gonna pass out on a particularly hard come-up - my vision gets super blurry at the edges and narrows and i get all clammy and dizzy. the weirdest thing is it's never about the amount of weed i smoke - even a few rips off a joint will cause it. but then conversely sometimes i smoke a lot more of the exact same weed and feel nothing other than a bit hungry and sleepy or whatever. it's maddening that dose doesn't seem to matter and i have no idea what i'm in for a lot of the time when i smoke

i love weed and all the benefits i get during a good high but it's getting to the point where the frantic come on of the high a lot of the time is just not worth the rest of it.

...is there any way to mitigate or eliminate those really bad come-ups right after i first smoke? or should i accept that my body and brain may have changed over the years and this is just part & parcel of smoking weed as a middle aged man?

tl;dr: weed good, but unreliable. help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Switch to vaping for more dosage control with a Dynavap or Fury Edge or even go to edibles with actual dosing. A 25mg gummy feels about right to me, ymmv of course, but it produces a reasonably repeatable effect.