Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

eschaton posted:

you’re not truly principal unless you can call people to your office over an intercom

I wish we had a paging system, I have the root passwords for our phone/UC system and I would love to be able to page every dickhead sales guy in his home office in the middle of the night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

won 55€ on two scratch-off lots i bought while waiting for the bus (well, i won 45 because they cost 5€ a piece)

daddy's gonna get the BIG grandiosa tonight baybee

e: lol it's litearlly over ½ a kg, not gonna get the big one

one time i ate a frozen grocery store personal deep dish pizza (i think it was a m president's choice here in Canada) that was touted as being one pound. not a mistake i repeated since

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

one time i ate a frozen grocery store personal deep dish pizza (i think it was a m president's choice here in Canada) that was touted as being one pound. not a mistake i repeated since

i thought they used dollars in the kingdom of canada?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
my husband gets home this weekend :kimchi: i've missed him so much

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

won 55€ on two scratch-off lots i bought while waiting for the bus (well, i won 45 because they cost 5€ a piece)

I won $200 in the Mega Millions the other day (2 numbers off, but hey, I'm a hundredaire!), gonna put $20 back into that and hope I never have to touch a computer ever again.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

my husband gets home this weekend :kimchi: i've missed him so much

:3:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs: The coworker who doesn't know the difference between "deprecation" and "depreciation" is the one who is creating the tickets, wiki pages, Slack channels, meeting invites, etc., for the project about document.domain being deprecated.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I only recently actually looked up what deprecated means and I understand the confusion

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs: I have more to focus on in life than my job but
my job keeps taking a large part of my time

i need to think about how I feel about that.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
if it sucks... hit da bricks!

(* has not hit the bricks yet, may not ever)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Eat half of it, toss half of it in the fridge for a bit, that's two of your three daily meals?

I mean I just eat the 2e Rainbow ones when I can't handle cooking what do I know.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

frozen pizza ironically does not refrigerate well

matti
Mar 31, 2019

my neighbors are up to some really puzzling poo poo again

sigh its been like this since last friday

but at least they have not bothered me on workdays

otoh the most mentally ill weirdo of the crew yelled "loving human being" to me from a window yesterday

'unno im so used to their bullshit that i did not even remember that happened until now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pollyanna posted:

cjs: I have more to focus on in life than my job but
my job keeps taking a large part of my time

i need to think about how I feel about that.

have you tried retirement?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

that requires me to build up capital and a safety net

and it’s not that I want to quit my job, it’s that I want to spend time on other things and my job gets in the way because 5/7 days of the week + prime time adderall hours means not-job gets done dirty

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

they have fake dollars with their queen on it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pollyanna posted:

and it’s not that I want to quit my job,

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

scowl owl

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I would like to quit working, as there’s other things in life I want to spend time on, but there’s nothing wrong with my current job per se. so it’s about balance, in the end.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
working sucks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

not a mistake. i repeated since.

fixed to be truthful

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i don't mind doing work, it's the having a job part that sucks. working on stuff I want to do is fine

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

digging your own ditch is satisfying

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

fixed to be truthful

no! more pizza

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

digging your own ditch is satisfying

yeah up until you've been digging for hours and you've hurt yourself and your ditch is about 1% complete according to your grand ditch plan and then you think "i should hire some other idiot to do this instead"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

how big of a ditch we talking here

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Like a middleditch or so?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

kfc is inbound

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
current wikipedia status:

quote:

A French leave, sometimes Irish goodbye or Irish exit, is a departure from a location or event without informing others or without seeking approval.
Dutch: de rattentaxi nemen ("to take the rat's taxi")

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i have heard this as Irish goodbye but rat taxi is way better

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Roosevelt posted:

yeah up until you've been digging for hours and you've hurt yourself and your ditch is about 1% complete according to your grand ditch plan and then you think "i should hire some other idiot to do this instead"

junk king is currently here removing a huge pile of heavy clay dirt that i produced from gardening and decided i would rather not hurt myself disposing of

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the digging was satisfying though

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

and before you say "reuse that dirt somewhere else in the yard!" i can't because it's full of ivy roots that will regrow, that's why it had to go

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: i got a bunch of poo poo to do but i really don't want to do it

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

i have heard this as Irish goodbye but rat taxi is way better
the rat taxi

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs doing some hardcore resume-driven development today

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kazinsal posted:

I wish we had a paging system, I have the root passwords for our phone/UC system and I would love to be able to page every dickhead sales guy in his home office in the middle of the night

what kind of phone system? might be able to make this happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

Irish leave/exit is leaving without saying goodbye, French leave/exit is leaving without paying

Letterkenny exit, well, more painful than either for all involved