Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's so hosed up that I'm on Chapter 2 and there's already hundreds of potential party make ups I think. Monolith are nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

It's so hosed up that I'm on Chapter 2 and there's already hundreds of potential party make ups I think. Monolith are nuts.

I also like how you're kinda forced into mixing it up due to mastery being locked behind quests/progression

I thought Noah was a poo poo tank until I realized the monsters I kept fighting were 2-3 levels higher than my party lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Zephyr is my favorite class to play so far but they're all fun except the healers who are kind of lame to actually play. I'll let the AI handle those classes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol getting to the Chain Attack tutorial

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This game also reminds me of FFXV with the goth crew and camp sites etc. It's so sick

and you can actually cook at them!!!!! i love this poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

and you can actually cook at them!!!!! i love this poo poo

im so glad every JRPG ever stole the FFXV camp. DQXI is still the best version of it but its lovely whenevr it shows up

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

just got to this and lol

i THINK i get it.. but it's a lot to take in

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

im so glad every JRPG ever stole the FFXV camp. DQXI is still the best version of it but its lovely whenevr it shows up

cooking at the camp was in XC2!!!
e: oh wait poo poo, that was after FFXV too

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol feeling overwhelmed but I love it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

when colony 9 starts attacking you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPFRUGtOd2o&t=13s

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

all these heroes kick rear end!! especially late ch 3 gunslinger gray, his class is crazy dmg and how he pisses off everybody in his unlock quest is funny

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
chain attacks are weird. should I be setting up the break->topple combos. no. I'm gonna hit the flash fusion attack button everytime

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

just pulled off a 4x chain attack and it felt good :D

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm loving the bosses in this, especially the 2nd one where he says something like, "Ohh it's a boss. Boo!"

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The end of chapter 2 poo poo really pops off.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ouroborus

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

End of chapter 2 mechanic spoiler but I have a question Did anyone notice an option or tactic somewhere to make it so your AI controlled party members don't interlink unless you tell them to. They always seem to do it when they're at Level 2 Link so I can never build up to level 3 as I'm hopping around to different characters to use fusion arts. It's really only a thing for bosses and unique named monsters since those are the only things that live long enough for you to build your level that high. I turned the game off for tonight but it's bugging me.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Kongming posted:

End of chapter 2 mechanic spoiler but I have a question Did anyone notice an option or tactic somewhere to make it so your AI controlled party members don't interlink unless you tell them to. They always seem to do it when they're at Level 2 Link so I can never build up to level 3 as I'm hopping around to different characters to use fusion arts. It's really only a thing for bosses and unique named monsters since those are the only things that live long enough for you to build your level that high. I turned the game off for tonight but it's bugging me.

I haven’t bothered to use it yet but I think you are talking about party interlink mode. I think it’s in the options menu under game as interlink control type. There should also be a tip for it as well in case that’s not the right menu. I am not 100% sure it will prevent the ai from using interlink but it definitely will let you trigger it yourself - you hit left dpad same as before then select a pair

Sleng Teng fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Aug 1, 2022

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm loving the bosses in this, especially the 2nd one where he says something like, "Ohh it's a boss. Boo!"

lol this kicked rear end. the consuls are awesome

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
this game kicks rear end in general

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yup. Was getting my rear end kicked by a Elite so I spenr 10 minutes tinkering with class loadouts, accessories, and arts and then smoked their rear end on the next attempt. No idea what change j made that actually mattered but hell. Total victory achieved.

The only thing I'd like changed so far is that you should be able to drop multiple pins on the map, w/ notes, so I can track where elites I've come across but not defeated yet are.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The only change I would like is being able to max out everyone's level with bonus exp at the same time. I don't think there's any reason to hold on to bonus exp? So let me hit the button once instead of six times.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

if this game is like past games, you should be able to spend bonus xp in postgame or ng+. I've also been avoiding using bonus xp because being too high level for enemies makes getting class points a pain in the rear end

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Kongming posted:

The only change I would like is being able to max out everyone's level with bonus exp at the same time. I don't think there's any reason to hold on to bonus exp? So let me hit the button once instead of six times.

iirc you can if you hit the start button on that screen i think?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it. I'll check next time.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kongming posted:

You use the + button.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cart Mountain posted:

iirc you can if you hit the start button on that screen i think?

holy poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been saving bonus xp since I'm already hella over levelled bc I explore too much I think.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I been saving bonus xp since I'm already hella over levelled bc I explore too much I think.

I used it once when starting chapter 2 since I was getting my rear end run over by everything, but I think I'll just bank it all from now on, unless that happens again

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Goomba stomp: absolutely destroying a unique enemy from 50-60% with a single chain attack.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I don't understand something about chain attacks bc I can't seem to do more than 3, and whenever I get "second chance" reactivations it's usually only one Homie. Any tips? Pro tips? Wikigods?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Hero orders don't use chain gauge, so that's how you can get a 4th round. To get more than one person back you have to hit 150% for two (bravo) or 200% for three (amazing), and you get more dmg multiplier the better the rating.

It's tempting to go attacker-healer-defender because that's what the game tells you to do but I usually don't after the first round. Instead I usually tip up to the line with an attacker+healer or defender+healer then blow a big tp load with first round attacker/defender/hero (heroes don't follow role specific stuff) to at least hit bravo. this is usually noah/taion because they have the highest tp intrinsically. at first I thought it was role dependent but it's not, each character has fixed base tp.

Doing this usually nets me cool-bravo-bravo-amazing, sometimes cool-bravo-amazing-amazing, but sometimes you can just get hosed by the orders you're given and random chance from who you get back. When things work out though I'm getting over 1000% damage multipliers at the end.

There's other stuff but the above is like 80% of the way there I think. caveat I could have completely missed something in some tooltip from one of the many tutorials

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i did some sidequests and i'm currently 12 levels above the main quest lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

can't wait for consul whatever letter comes and gets absolutely stomped by my mid-30s party

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
i leveled by exploring and thought i was sitting pretty, clearing out mobs or walking by them toward the end of chapter 3. then the chapter boss just smashed my head in. had to restart 6x times.

i will overlevel forever now

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Plutonis posted:

i did some sidequests and i'm currently 12 levels above the main quest lmao

I’ve heard of some folks already being level 40 by chapter 3 by taking advantage of fighting elites and doing overkills with chain attacks and poo poo.

This is going to be like XV all over again.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I played 12hr yesterday while on call 😰

lvl 27 rn. dual wielding is sick

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

this game seems sick. very tempted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted: