Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Marx should be like Mohammed in CK2 and not actually depicted. It should just be a piece of Arabic calligraphy, preferably the Shahada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Cease to Hope posted:

bigger marx theory

The largest Marx will inevitably consume each smaller Marx in turn, starting with the smallest…

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
10k Landed Gentry
25k Capitalists
150k Artisans
25.45M Karl Marx
365k Farmers
100k Industrial Laborers

Someone please help my country is dying

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

DrSunshine posted:

10k Landed Gentry
25k Capitalists
150k Artisans
25.45M Karl Marx
365k Farmers
100k Industrial Laborers

Guillotine your landed gentry.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Friend Commuter posted:

Guillotine your landed gentry.

Oh no now the capitalists are in charge and might even be worse

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

DrSunshine posted:

10k Landed Gentry
25k Capitalists
150k Artisans
25.45M Karl Marx
365k Farmers
100k Industrial Laborers

This sounds like a Papal State, except for communists.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

DaysBefore posted:

Ah, but by guillotining the landed gentry, you increased demand, and now the capitalists have built a guillotine factory.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

DaysBefore posted:

Don't worry this is an essential part of the process, you just gotta wait 25-50 years to advance to the next step.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Marx only briefly had the Marxbeard and was more closely shaven for most of his life. His hygiene wasn’t good enough to call him clean shaven, but that was the style he was theoretically going towards most of his life.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Marx only briefly had the Marxbeard and was more closely shaven for most of his life. His hygiene wasn’t good enough to call him clean shaven, but that was the style he was theoretically going towards most of his life.

shut up nerd

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
No. Give me bishi Marx

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's actually impossible, and in fact illegal, for communists to be clean shaven.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Zedhe Khoja posted:

No. Give me bishi Marx

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

is this any good? i'd be lying if i said chinese anime-style karl marx show doesnt sound incredible

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
If Karl Marx is my courtier, that means he has to accept my marriage proposal, right?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Barnaby Barnacle posted:

If Karl Marx is my courtier, that means he has to accept my marriage proposal, right?

If your leader is a cisgender man then this means you can short-cut to Fully Automated Gay Luxury Space Communism by around 1920.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 6, 2022

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Why specifically a cisgender man

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

Why specifically a cisgender man

Presumably to be "officially" FAGLSC (as opposed to just a sparkling utopia), you need two cis dudes.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
pull up thread

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

i am looking forward to play the grand strategy computer game victoria 3

Dayton Sports Bar
Oct 31, 2019
I am looking forward to play the groundbreaking dating sim victoria 3

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Dayton Sports Bar posted:

I am looking forward to play the groundbreaking dating sim victoria 3

Major Discovery: Three-Age System

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I look forward to figure out how to make an anime art style mod for Victoria III.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
I'm looking forward to a divergences of darkness mod for Viccy 3, or one of the napoleon legacy mods being updated.

I'm also secretly hoping wiz does another LP but thats a pipe dream at this point :V

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I will admit that part of the reason I am so excited for Vicky 3 is the possibility of more megacampaigns. I've flirted with the idea of doing one myself (though that's unlikely), but at the very least, Vicky 3 means Roof of the World eventually in like a year after release probably.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Horsebanger posted:

I'm looking forward to a divergences of darkness mod for Viccy 3, or one of the napoleon legacy mods being updated.

the alt hist mods for vicky's series are great because they offer a lot more balancing and finetuning than i think the historical scenario does? if that makes sense lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Mantis42 posted:

Marx should be like Mohammed in CK2 and not actually depicted. It should just be a piece of Arabic calligraphy, preferably the Shahada.

عمال العالم اتحدوا!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mantis42 posted:

I feel Fraktur would be more appropriate. I'm sure you could make that look sufficiently graphical to not just look like another word too.

Lady Radia posted:

the alt hist mods for vicky's series are great because they offer a lot more balancing and finetuning than i think the historical scenario does? if that makes sense lol
You mean the alt history is fiddled with to create more balanced/interesting scenarios/challenges across the world?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mantis42 posted:

What's Arabic for "the history of all hitherto existing civilization is the history of class struggle"

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

What's Arabic for "the history of all hitherto existing civilization is the history of class struggle"

إن تاريخ أي مجتمع حتى الآن، ليس سوى تاريخ صراعات طبقية.

Someone who actually knows arabic calligraphy can probably make it look cool.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You mean the alt history is fiddled with to create more balanced/interesting scenarios/challenges across the world?
yeah, exactly! one of my hottest takes is bc paradox is pretty, uh, not great at depicting history, and also not great at balance, that they should look at focusing on alt hist scenarios/completely fictional ones, but otherwise use similar game themes - an early modern one, industrial one, medieval dynastic one, etc. etc., to be able to more easily create that balance and not worry about balance making historical outcomes unlikely or the like.

i know most people dont agree with me, so modders being able to do that is okay for now.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I think paradox would make a lot of money selling a DLC for V3 that lets you randomly generate alt-history starts as well as an easy to use scenario editor.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

I think paradox would make a lot of money selling a DLC for V3 that lets you randomly generate alt-history starts as well as an easy to use scenario editor.

Isn't this what the open-ended mod support is for?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Baronjutter posted:

no, randomly generated scenarios that Paradox makes have not been good in the past. the new world generator for EU4, for example.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Their HOI4 alt hist setups are quite good though

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

no, randomly generated scenarios that Paradox makes have not been good in the past. the new world generator for EU4, for example.
Their EU4 random nations setup isn't terrible, I'm not sure I would call it good and it used to be worse. Of course it still can't handle uncolonized provinces which are usually owned by a nation but has the no culture and no religion and you can't fix it without save file editing (or possibly with fiddly console commands) even after you take them over.

The new world generator also used to be worse, it's still bad but it's not horribly bad.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Poil posted:

Their EU4 random nations setup isn't terrible, I'm not sure I would call it good and it used to be worse. Of course it still can't handle uncolonized provinces which are usually owned by a nation but has the no culture and no religion and you can't fix it without save file editing (or possibly with fiddly console commands) even after you take them over.

The new world generator also used to be worse, it's still bad but it's not horribly bad.

EU4 random nations (not RNW but the fill map with random countries) is also something I threw together in a single Friday back in 2015.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Overall it is a fun feature. :toot:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Honestly I feel like a randomizer for a game like Vicky 3 wouldn't be very good anyway just because there are so many different factors that need to be taken into account wrt distribution of resources to make the game interesting, especially if you're going full random and generating non-earth landmasses. Bespoke alt-history setups or custom original settings would probably be generally more interesting which is a level of effort that makes more sense to leave to the mod community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Honestly I feel like a randomizer for a game like Vicky 3 wouldn't be very good anyway just because there are so many different factors that need to be taken into account wrt distribution of resources to make the game interesting, especially if you're going full random and generating non-earth landmasses. Bespoke alt-history setups or custom original settings would probably be generally more interesting which is a level of effort that makes more sense to leave to the mod community.

no argument from me, I don't think there'd be as much financial success in a not-historically-centered victoria 3 so it just makes sense as something for modders